Thread: UTV won't power up..Please help...

UTV won't power up..Please help...

I had my UTV unplugged for a few months (since you know what went down). Today I tried to plug it in and turn it on, but when I plug it in, the fans start to go but no lights... Please advise what the issue might be? It was fine before I unplugged it?

Hmmm... Since the fan and lights stay on probably not a pwr supply.
    I would try the reset codes first... But Sounds like a HD problem... If you have an extra "compatable drive"... Replace it and let it phone home to get 3.7.... Good luck...

TT

i have no lights. Thats the problem. Fans start but no lights. I had a Bell Express Vu PVR on top of it working. Could that have caused any problems.

1) unplug your unit again, including all cables, cords, etc. wait 30 minutes. press power button several times. reconnect sat inputs, cables, power, etc. (reconnect sat inputs BEFORE power cable). hopefully your unit will properly boot up now.

2) another shot...if you had your receiver open, you might have loosened a cable or something. so, first remove card & power before flipping top of utv open, then check (1) the ribbon cables and then (2) the connectors from the sys board to the front chassis.

gl!

still no luck, I get no lights at all... only the fans spin.... I haven't had the top off, but I did check att the connections. This is horse shit...

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyDirty
    i have no lights. Thats the problem. Fans start but no lights. I had a Bell Express Vu PVR on top of it working. Could that have caused any problems.
    Sorry, Off topic... how is the BEV compared to the UTV... is the BEV even worth considering for the price?

nothing like UTV. I have the first model, and it is shi t . I heard the newer ones were better

No other help from anybody on how to fix it. Even how to test the electronics.

Thanks for the heads-up Smelly. I guess it isn't worth the 550$

Back to your problem....
    Download the Sat W60 schematic and look for the power supply diagram and check for the listed voltages on the motherboard side of the ribbon cable connector.

Sorry, I didn't read closely enough. It sounds like a power problem... No lights... Have you tried to re-boot without the HD plugged (pwr, ide & fan) in just to see if it acts diff??

TT

still no luck. The lights dont flash when plugged back in. No intialization, or anything. I hope it can be fixed. Does anybody know the name of a company in Marham Ont that fixes them?

Try jumping jumper J1103 (around the middle of the motherboard)
    A few UTV's have been jumpstarted after jumping this reset.

same with my expressvu

hey smelly...

Did you ever figure this problem out? I have the same issue with my ExpressVu 5100 PVR. Plugged it in last night and everything worked fine. Turned it on tonight to start angeling my dish and nothing. Fan and hard drive start for about 20 s, then shut down. No power lights.

Nothing was touched between last night and tonight.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated