Official Value Electronics Pre-Order Scam Thread
This thread started at the TivoCommunity Forums, however the moderators there brutally censored our viewpoints and factual information so it has been moved over here instead. Here are the FACTS of the matter:
1. Value Electronics took several thousand pre-orders for the HD Tivo, pocketed $100 from each customer, and failed to deliver said pre-orders on time.
2. Value Electronics obtained 350 extra pre-orders under false pretenses, by telling them they were within the first 350 orders even though they were well beyond #350.
3. Value Electronics continues to refuse refunds to customers who want their $100 deposit back. They claim that this was because of an agreement with Direct but they are happy to give you $100 in VE funny money store credit instead, which gives you approximately $25 in real US Dollar buying power when you take their inflated prices into account.
4. The TivoCommunity Forum moderators, such as unixadm and Mike Lang and Dan203, censor most viewpoints that are critical of VE or of the way the pre-order process has been handled. They do this by silently deleting posts and banning users who express dissent.
5. Several customers have filed credit card disputes and complained to various government agencies about the dishonest way this is being handled. Many consumer fraud investigations are pending and some of them are looking into the TC staff.
6. Several dozen so-called "fanboys" have consistently enabled the con game to continue by making false claims on TCF about the trustworthiness of the VE enterprise.
You can safely link to this thread from TCF using the following address:
Please post your own VE experiences and opinions here where they will not be censored. Thank you very much for your participation and good luck getting your money back.