Thread: Quick help!! I bought a pre hacked tivo but

Quick help!! I bought a pre hacked tivo but

I bought a pre hacked tivo but It dindnt have mfs ftp on it ...im networked to my tivo , How do I upload mfs ftp zip to the tivo do i use telnet and if yes i need to know the command line to bring it off my desktop to my tivo

Quote Originally Posted by bugsymo2004
    I bought a pre hacked tivo but It dindnt have mfs ftp on it ...im networked to my tivo , How do I upload mfs ftp zip to the tivo do i use telnet and if yes i need to know the command line to bring it off my desktop to my tivo
    Pre-hacked TiVos are not sanctioned or supported on this board. Contact the seller, and if he does not provide satisfactory guidance, file a dispute with your credit card issuer.

You can use any FTP client to transfer files over to Tivo. Read the mfs_ftp thread on how to install it properly onto Tivo. But looks like you might need to brush up on some basic UNIX as well. Since you paid someone money for your Tivo, you should go to them for tech support.

chill

I got it of ebay

I got it of ebay
    Contact the seller for assistance

I got it of ebay
    And where do you think the guy who hacked it got the software?

Do you think he paid the people who wrote the software? Do you think he asked their permission to distribute it? Do you think he has written any software himself?

Or, just maybe, he's someone who took all the work that lots of other people in the community have done, figuring out the way the Tivo works, writing the hacks, EXPLAINING HOW TO USE THEM TO NOOBS LIKE YOU AND ME... and then charges unsuspecting people (like you) to do a few minutes of shoddy work, drop it in your lap, take your money, and never provide any support...

Oh yeah, and he expects you to go get your support from the community of people who wrote the software - the same people that he didn't pay to use their software, remember?

Now maybe you understand why you're not getting a warm reception. The community supports those who learn and are willing to invest time and effort into learning the process - not those who take money from people who don't want to put the effort into it, or get the support out of it.
    Have a question? Try a search first...

I got it of ebay
    Oh, OK... eBay. Then everything's all right. You got it off eBay. Why didn't you say so.

Welcome to the board; help will be forthcoming shortly. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by alldeadhomiez
    Pre-hacked TiVos are not sanctioned or supported on this board. Contact the seller, and if he does not provide satisfactory guidance, file a dispute with your credit card issuer.
    As an alternative anyone is free to read the threads on this board. All the information is easily available if you just look around for a short while. Perhaps pop open the search tab and play with it a bit.

I don't condone pre-hacked tivo's either, but if someone takes the energy to educate themselves and support themselves its not so bad.

BTW, its nice that mfs_ftp was NOT on the tivo, looks like the pressure from the author has corrected at least one persons habits a bit. That or they accidentially read the licence agreement for the application.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

More likely they just ran Sleeper's script, which doesn't install it.
    Stuart

Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

Quick help!! I bought a pre hacked tivo but
    but It dindnt have mfs ftp on it
    And this is an emergency? Quick help !!
    Is your eBay tivo working?

If you don't know how to load mfs_ftp, if you have to ask if telnet is the method to transfer files, then it is more likely that not that you won't know
    what to do with mfs_ftp if we gave you step by step instructions on how to install it.

BTW are you trying to use the mips or the ppc binaries and why?

What hack encryption hack are you running or aren't you?
    Livingroom S2 DTivo Hughes SD-DVR40 120GB 6.2a-01-2-351 killhdinitrd, networked, extraction, TivoWebPlus,...
    Bedroom S2 DTivo Hughes SD-DVR40 120GB 6.2a-01-2-351 killhdinitrd, networked, extraction, TivoWebPlus,...
    Basement File Server S2 DTivo Hughs SD-DVR40 160GB 6.2-01-2-351 killhdinitrd, networked, extraction, TivoWebPlus,...

Quote Originally Posted by sanderton
    More likely they just ran Sleeper's script, which doesn't install it.
    thankfully! the obsolete/corrupted version on the first tivoscripts iso created as much grief as the e-bay leeches. (wreaks havok on 4.x / 5.x boxes)
    ---
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer

My guess is (with the topic, the low post count for the poster and the general feeling of the board) that this was just a troll.

Looks like the troll worked.

If it was not a troll, then the original poster should feel free to read the umpteen threads that explain how to install stuff on his tivo, or contact his seller to arrange support.

Split

DSR6000 - 3.1 - 120gb
    HDVR2 - Just for hacking