Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Sleeper Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf
    This topic has become a pointless waste of time for all parties involved. If I were a mod/admin of this board, I would have probably closed this thread a long time ago.
    except that some people just will not drop some topics

leaving a thread like this open supports the concept of free speech & helps keep such topics from spilling all over the place

look at the mod population - hackers - may not be your ideal unbiased "civil servants" but it provides some content that makes DD worth visiting

same thing with Corvette clubs, there's the folks there to show off they can afford a certain toy (TCF) and the gearheads that actually know what's under the hood
    ---
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer

Quote Originally Posted by rc3105
    same thing with Corvette clubs, there's the folks there to show off they can afford a certain toy (TCF) and the gearheads that actually know what's under the hood
    I love Corvettes!
    "Save the wave"
    Last edited by Tiros; 06-16-2004 at 11:19 AM.

Wow! A lot going on here. I have but one question????

Is Sleeper banned forever???

I had a second question, but I will search for the answers myself as to why he was banned. I guess I didn't see any of his posts lately. I'll try the search button.
    When you're green, you grow!
    When you're ripe, you rot!

DSR6000 148Hours ver 2.52
    GXCEBOT 170 Hours ver 2.52 -MIA Sent in for repairs
    HDVR2 105 Hours ver 3.1b
    All Networked

Added a DSR7000

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead

I had a second question, but I will search for the answers myself as to why he was banned. I guess I didn't see any of his posts lately. I'll try the search button.
    I don't think the ban was permanent his accounts shows active
    Sleeper
    Diamond Member
    not
    Sleeper
    Banned
    Four Hacked HDVR2's,
    One Still slightly confused Hacker,
    4 dogs, 8 cats, and 1 wife that is happy as long as I don't screw up her TiVo ...... Oh yeah two grandchildren that are the light of my life!

Quote Originally Posted by alldeadhomiez
    Sleeper is on temporary hiatus for personal attacks, cussing out the mods, and legal threats against the staff.
    Won't this thread ever die?!?!?

Dont bother the reality of the situation has been obscured.
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.

Quote Originally Posted by tytyty
    Dont bother the reality of the situation has been obscured.
    obscured? how so?
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Quote Originally Posted by mrblack51
    obscured? how so?
    Due to this
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.

No. Sleeper has been very busy lately. Aside from that, Sleeper doesn't have time for the petty bs that goes on here.

Here's the way Sleeper sees it. (No debate needed!)

Several posts were made that were direct flames against Sleeper. They contained absolutely no other content than the flame. Sleeper reported one of these posts to the mods. No action was taken. The original posters were not banned or warned.

Someone had inquired about hacking his HD Tivo and Sleeper PM'd him telling him that he was performing prom mods. The poster PM'd Sleeper back and requested more information. In the PM Sleeper told him that he would install some hacks and utilities on the unit as well as perform the prom mod.

This person decided to post both of Sleepers PM's in open forum. One of the PM's contained personal information.

A pile on Sleeper ensued in which two of the major contributors of the pile of dung were moderators of this board.

Sleeper was already pissed because these mods freely allowed flames against him. Sleeper was also pissed because of other antics that the mods pulled like moving his post to another thread and calling it the "Hi-def Penis Wagging thread" (Which, if you haven't noticed is a flame in itself)

Sleeper was also pissed because a mod acted on information that Sleeper sent to him in a PM. Further details about this will not be discussed.

Sleeper got even more pissed when the mods continued to post after the personal information was posted without editing it.

Sleeper then made a post in which he called the mods biased. He also included some vulgarities aimed at certian people.

Sleeper then edited all of his other posts in that thread, removed his original content and replaced it with vulgarities.

Sleeper PM'd the mods and Vadim and asked them to remove the personal information, citing that both Sleeper and DDB don't what to defend legal action.

Sleeper was banned.

Did Sleeper deserve to be banned? Yes

Should others have been reprimanded for there part in what took place? Yes

Where they? (Good Question)

There is a lot that I am not saying here. I applaud many of you (like Melkos) for speaking your mind and telling things the way that they really are. Many of your observations and statements in this thread are RIGHT ON!

I also want to thank the many of you who expressed similar sentiments in PM but were afraid to express them publicly for fear of the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by tytyty
    Due to this

It is odd how often that happens... posts or entire threads just disappearing. Wonder what's wrong with the vbb code?
    Have a question? Try a search first...

Quote Originally Posted by Meklos
    It is odd how often that happens... posts or entire threads just disappearing. Wonder what's wrong with the vbb code?
    posts disappear for all kinds of reasons - wrong forum, off topic, non-dev posts in dev forums, and of course threads like that one which vadim decided it was better just to toast the whole thing rather than sort it out. Executive decisions are made all around us in all aspects of life, we just don't always hear about them. Does that indicate a conspiracy? No. Just means that the management is doing its job properly, keeping the forum's focused on tivo hacking, rather than BS like in this thread.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Quote Originally Posted by mrblack51
    posts disappear for all kinds of reasons - wrong forum, off topic, non-dev posts in dev forums, and of course threads like that one which vadim decided it was better just to toast the whole thing rather than sort it out.

Or like Sleeper's response he posted last night, in this thread, a little after 12:00?

Or like Sleeper's response he posted last night, in this thread, a little after 12:00?
    I deleted that post but had a change of heart.

There is no truth whatsoever to the majority of Sleeper's points; he has intentionally lied and distorted facts to paint himself as a victim.

As a matter of fact, Sleeper has been allowed to get away with causing an awful lot of trouble on this board, but in the interest of the hobby some of the mods (myself included) practically begged for him not to be perm-banned. In past cases, just one major offense such as threatening to sue Vadim or telling a mod to "GFY" has been grounds for a permanent ban. Sleeper has survived both, yet he comes back here and rails against the people who have supported him the most.

I have PMed him and asked him to get back to TiVo hacking instead of playing his silly political games.

[edit] Forget it. No point in posting anything, SSDD.
    Last edited by Meklos; 06-17-2004 at 11:47 AM.

Perhaps lots of people should get that PM.

I'm sorry, but I find this is just yet another cheap public shot ("playing his silly political games"). Users don't get away with this, but mods do.

Ban me if you wish, but that's just pathetic.
    Come on, tell us how you really feel.

All this animosity, just because we didn't ban some guy you've got a beef with. Incredible.