Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LCD of D-Tivo, not Standalone

Quote Originally Posted by davidblack
    anyway to do this in software? / can anyone point me to what i need hardware wise ???

Cheers
    David
    rate settings on the tivo: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...63&postcount=3
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Quote Originally Posted by mrblack51

[EDIT] Comment removed.

NutKase
    Last edited by NutKase; 06-29-2004 at 12:53 PM.
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    ------------------------------------------------
    2 each, SA S2 287hr 7.2.1a's with Lifetime.
    Hacks: 1 Manually Monte'd -140, Bash,Telnet,FTP,TivoWebPlus,
    Superpatch-67all Unscrambled/HMO,MFS_FTP Ver. N,TyTools, tivoserver
    Fully hacked SA S1

We tried doing stty 9600 in the system.init file.. no go.. the Dtivo just wants to put out at 115200.. There has got to be a way to change this somewhere.

We need some linux hacker help..

Quote Originally Posted by wdwms
    We tried doing stty 9600 in the system.init file.. no go.. the Dtivo just wants to put out at 115200.. There has got to be a way to change this somewhere.

We need some linux hacker help..
    In the runmonte file which is part of the romfs.img used during the monte hack...

About line 9, sets the output baud to 115,200 may need to change that for your operation.

Should work from rc.sysinit though.

NutKase
    Last edited by NutKase; 06-30-2004 at 11:27 AM.
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    Fully hacked SA S1

What would the syntax be for the system.init file? maybe i was doing it wrong..

Thanks!

-t

Quote Originally Posted by wdwms
    What would the syntax be for the system.init file? maybe i was doing it wrong..

Thanks!

-t
    Try

stty 9600 < /dev/tttyS2 &

but this is getting at the limit of my knowledge on the subject. Also, you may be telling it 115200 in several places... Like the runmonte file in romfs, and after dsscon=true in your bootpage etc.

You should be able to change it real time via telnet then run your scripts to check. Good Luck.

NutKase
    Fully hacked SA S1

Talking SAT-T60 LCD Screen working

I will post all Todds and My finding on my web site link The TiVo Guy

http://tivoguy.com/v-web/bulletin/bb...e84d6e74e0cb51

will try and get site updated in the next day or so.
    Last edited by MiamiTV; 07-14-2004 at 07:59 PM.

We may have a cheaper solution. This may be related to the voltage coming out of the Dtivo.

See here:
    http://www.crystalfontz.com/forum/sh...highlight=tivo

--------
    I haven't actually tried it with the JPE jumper closed. I think you would also have to close the JPB jumper as well because RS232 and Logic level signals are reversed as well as being different voltages.

The serial port on the TiVo is supposed to be a true RS232C-compliant port, meaning it should be putting out +/-12V, with -12V = 1 and +12V = 0 (or thereabouts - most serial ports don't actually achieve 12V.)

Closing the JPE jumper makes the LCD display accept logic-level input, meaning it would be expecting a 0 or 5V signal with 0V = 0 and 5V = 1. In that case you would also have to close JPB so it treated the negative voltage coming from the serial port as 1 and the positive voltage as 0. In theory, at least.

It might work, but I'm not willing to submit my LCD to a test of this. In the meantime my LCD works perfectly off of a PC serial port but acts as if there is no signal when connected to the TiVo. As stated above, it ought to work as is.
    -----------

Help is on the way.. Once i sync backup with MiamiTV, we can try this out.

-Todd

almost there

Well we are 90% home free. We have the tivo putting out 9600 baud Rate. and the LCD Screen takes 9600, but for some reason they still do not want to play with each other. I'm still using my Baud Rate Converter and its set to 9600 to 9600 and it works great. I have also tried all the jumpers on the LCD Screen to no avail. I have started a tread on my site for LCD Mods and pictures of your screens. TiVo LCD Screen Mods

please add all info so I can put a guide together for all to use. Thanks and good luck

LCD working with out Converter

Well the screen is working with out the converter. I posted the pictures at tivoguy.com under LCD mods. wooo hooo.

how?

so what did you do to fix it?

cheers
    David

Close the JPE Jumper and your good to go.

full mod pictures are on tivoguy.com LCD Mods. join the board for LCD mods