Thread: Newbie question regarding vserver

Newbie question regarding vserver

Hi, I've just installed a network card in my series 1 UK Tivo and I've just started to find out all the exciting things I can do with it. One of which is watch programs on my PC.

I think the problem I have is that I need vserver running. I have done a search and vserver gets mentioned a lot but I've not been able to find out where I get it from and how I install it.

I can't be already running it because when I go to TWP and select User Interface and Now Showing there is a link next to each show that says "View". When I click on that it opens media player and and then it just crashes out with no error message. Media Player plays the TY files when I extract them to my PC so I seem to have the plug-ins installed, or have I missed some?.

So is it vserver I need or is it something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Dave

Edit: I have found vserver. It wasn't easy. the link to http://tivo-mplayer.sf.net/vserver-1.0.tar.gz is dead. What you need (if anyone else wants it) is to click on http://tivo-mplayer.sourceforge.net/ and then click on Vstream 1.2 Binary and Source for S1 and S2 which actually downloads vserver along with the other stuff.

Edit 2: I've loaded vserver and that has done the trick.
    Last edited by Davejp; 06-22-2004 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Update

Would you mind helping me do this? I have been reading these boards a lot trying to figure how to load this and am getting no where.

Can you use Winrar to extract the vstream files? Do you then create a directory to upload them onto your Tivo va FTP? I did this and then went to Telnet to load the vserver file (./vserver in the directory the file is located) but it came back telling me that it could not load the binary file. I checked that I was uploading these as binaries and I was. I must be missing a huge step here.

Any tips?

Thanks.
    Daniel

Have you tried using the updated files found HERE?