Thread: Had to upgrade to 3.1 to get locals, but

Had to upgrade to 3.1 to get locals, but

Hello All,

I have been in the hobby for a while, and usually do not ask many questions, but here goes. Recently, Dtv gave us the long awaited locals. My current unit is a Sat-t60 sony dtivo upgraded to 107 hours that had be modified to have a lifetime subscription. When Dtv gave our city locals, they would not come it. I kept getting channel not available. This was strange, since the other two dtv recievers did get the local channels. The tech support person said I needed to have it updated to 3.1. So, I went ahead and updated the software to 3.1, and that gave me the locals, but now I have lost my lifetime sub. UGH!

It says account closed please contact dtv to activate. Does anyone know what happened? How do I get back my lifetime subscription and keep locals. Is there a way to go back to previous 2.5.2 and keep locals??

Any assistance would be helpful.

luke

Quote Originally Posted by iamskywalker
    I have been in the hobby for a while, and usually do not ask many questions, but here goes. Recently, Dtv gave us the long awaited locals. My current unit is a Sat-t60 sony dtivo upgraded to 107 hours that had be modified to have a lifetime subscription. When Dtv gave our city locals, they would not come it. I kept getting channel not available. This was strange, since the other two dtv recievers did get the local channels. The tech support person said I needed to have it updated to 3.1. So, I went ahead and updated the software to 3.1, and that gave me the locals, but now I have lost my lifetime sub. UGH!

It says account closed please contact dtv to activate. Does anyone know what happened? How do I get back my lifetime subscription and keep locals. Is there a way to go back to previous 2.5.2 and keep locals??
    Your account is closed, so please contact DirecTV to activate it. You never even had a lifetime subscription, so there is nothing more to discuss.

-Thread Closed-