Thread: Unable to get crypto chip's attention

Unable to get crypto chip's attention

I've read all the posts regarding the 51 error, have tried 51killer.tpm and have also done a clear and delete twice. However, I continue to get the 51 error.

Also, typing 'crypto -gsn' at bash returns 'unable to get crypto chip's attention'. I found one thread dealing with this issue and have PM'd cali. He has not responded yet, and I wanted to see if anyone else could help me.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeorymer
    I've read all the posts regarding the 51 error, have tried 51killer.tpm and have also done a clear and delete twice. However, I continue to get the 51 error.

Also, typing 'crypto -gsn' at bash returns 'unable to get crypto chip's attention'. I found one thread dealing with this issue and have PM'd cali. He has not responded yet, and I wanted to see if anyone else could help me.
    You did not specify SA or DTiVo. It is possible to devise a software-based workaround for a broken crypto chip on the DTiVo.

Yep, I did forget. It's a DSR7000 (DTivo). Where could I find that information for a software-based workaround?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeorymer
    Yep, I did forget. It's a DSR7000 (DTivo). Where could I find that information for a software-based workaround?
    I'd start with "Can't get serial number!" or "Can't get chip ID!" in tivoapp. Consider using objdump with the tmesis postprocessing script, or IDA.

Your project will be significantly easier if you have working unit to compare the results with.

Update: Resolved. I was lucky that it was not a real hardware problem after all. After reading your first post ADH, I decided to revise my search and happened upon a thread that at first did not seem to be related. Turns out that AlphaWolf had this very issue while compiling a custom kernel and resolved it by commenting out bash in rc.sysinit before the call to rc.sysinit.author. I commented it out and it works perfectly now (I added bash back in rc.sysinit.author).

Hope this helps someone else that might also have this problem.

My setup: DSR7000, 3.1.1c, 120G+120G, Monte'd, wireless network using WUSB11, RKone's modified kernel.

Thanks ADH and cali!

Help!

WHat exactly did you change in rc.sysinit ? Can you post your files?

I am having similar problems with crypto.

I am having the same problem trying to set_mrv_nam_adh.tcl
    I get this message

Setting nametable for "MadMox"...
    Echoplex error, expected 0xA got 0x3F!
    Echoplex error, expected 0xA got 0x3F!
    Unable to get crypto chip's attention!
    while executing
    "exec /tvbin/crypto -x -gek"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval exec /tvbin/crypto -x -gek"
    (file "./set_mrv_name_ADH.tcl" line 30)

I've looked for Alphawolf's post mentioned above but no joy there.
    Any help?
    Thanks.

What kind of Tivo do you have? What version of the Tivo software do you have?
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by cheer
    What kind of Tivo do you have? What version of the Tivo software do you have?
    Software System: 4.0.1b-01-2-240
    Service Number: 2400000E06DDD4E
    System Type: United States Series 2 Stand-Alone
    also having problems with getting hackman to run.
    located tivoweb/tivowebplus dir's and loaded all the files into the appropriate folders but after tivowebplus restart it never refreshes the hackman.ini .
    I keep getting this error message
    INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_hackman '' ''
    couldn't read file "/var/local/tivoweb-tcl/modules/hackman.cfg": no such file or directory
    while executing
    "source $source_dir/modules/hackman.cfg"
    (procedure "::action_hackman" line 12)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--

Thanks
    Last edited by satellite_rules; 06-04-2006 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by satellite_rules
    Software System: 4.0.1b-01-2-240
    Service Number: 2400000E06DDD4E
    System Type: United States Series 2 Stand-Alone
    also having problems with getting hackman to run.
    located tivoweb/tivowebplus dir's and loaded all the files into the appropriate folders but after tivowebplus restart it never refreshes the hackman.ini .
    I keep getting this error message
    INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_hackman '' ''
    couldn't read file "/var/local/tivoweb-tcl/modules/hackman.cfg": no such file or directory
    while executing
    invoked from within
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    --cut here--

Thanks
    Maybe somebody can help me with this.
    I have tivoweb installed in /var/local/tivoweb-tcl
    I have tivowebplus installed in hack/tivowebplus
    When I run my tivoss IP in IE explorer it opens tivowebplus v 1.0
    Hackman will not work no matter what I do, I have made sure paths in rc.sysinit.author point to both locations, I have removed and reloaded hackman.cfg / hackman.ini from both tvoweb instances and it changes nothing.
    Neither tivoweb or tivowebplus will recreate hackman.cfg / hackman.ini after reloading tivowebplus / rebooting tivo.
    From the web interface I type in /hackman after the IP address, ( there is no hackman icon) and I always get this message.
    INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_hackman '' ''
    while executing
    invoked from within
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    --cut here--

I followed instructions in a post that said to close web ui and try loading from telnet cmd line and this is what I get

MadMox:/var/local/tivoweb-tcl # tivoweb console
    MadMox:/var/local/tivoweb-tcl #
    MadMox:/var/local/tivoweb-tcl # TivoWebPlus Project - v1.0
    The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
    This program is licensed under the GPL.
    See the 'copyright' and 'README' files for copyright and credit information.
    couldn't open socket: address already in use
    while executing
    "socket -server ::session $http_port"
    (file "/var/local/tivoweb-tcl/httpd-tt.tcl" line 763)

Weird thing is, I AM running tivowebplus but this error shows that it is looking for files in the old tivoweb 1.94 directory
    Otherwise, ftp and tivowebplus is working great, I want to get hackman up and running though, I've spent hours into the the early AM tring everything I could think of so now, It's personal!

Any suggestions?
    Thanks, D

Take /var/local/tivoweb-tcl out of your $PATH (or remove tivoweb completely).

Run ps | grep http to find out if tivoweb is already running (and thus tieing up the port).

ew

Quote Originally Posted by eastwind
    Take /var/local/tivoweb-tcl out of your $PATH (or remove tivoweb completely).

Run ps | grep http to find out if tivoweb is already running (and thus tieing up the port).

ew
    Thanks.
    I did manage to get hackman to work, finally!
    Even though I had set file system to rw (mount -o remount,rw /), I finally got it to work by using the telnet interface after shutting down tivoweb browser, and issuing the chmod +x command to the find and sendkey files in the modules folder.
    Hackman is working now but I still can't "get crypto chips attention" to change the MRV_Name?
    Cheers.