Thread: Zmodem transfer

Question Zmodem transfer

ok ok call me STUPID but I cant figure out hot to transfer a file using a serial cable what command to do i need to issue on the unit to make it recv the file?

Thanks
    Jer1

let me guess rz right? no?
    Last edited by Jer; 06-29-2004 at 02:00 AM. Reason: duh

Quote Originally Posted by Jer
    let me guess rz right? no?
    Give that man a cigar

First, you need to make sure your Tivo filesystem is set to read/write:

mount -o remount,rw /

If the filesystem is not set to read/write then the file won't transfer. To transfer a file from your PC to your Tivo via serial connection using TeraTerm:

File|Transfer|ZMODEM|Send

Navigate to the location of the file you wish to transfer from the PC, highlight it, and select Open. The file will then transfer to the Tivo. No commands on the Tivo side are necessary although many will tell that the RZ command is required. I have never had to issue the RZ command to get a file to transfer to a Tivo using TeraTerm.
    Last edited by captain_video; 06-29-2004 at 08:39 AM.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video
    First, you need to make sure your Tivo filesystem is set to read/write:

mount -o remount,rw /
    A necessary step, if you're trying to xfer the file to somewhere other than under /var