Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeper

Sleeper

Has sleeper finished hacking the High Definition tivos yet?

i'd like to buy one, but not until he's done with the scripts for it. I am familiar with script writing for other things so I know how long it takes and I don't mean to show any disrespect. i am just curious if there is any proigress.

^^^^ Bump ^^^^

The information is here, all it takes is a little reading. There are many people working to hack the HD TiVo, Sleeper is only one of them.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Like who? I thought the sleeper scritps were thee way that evryone does it on ebay and whatnot.

I have been very bussy looking for work, and i got this for my b-day.

i know you can do cool stuff with it, but I need it to be done. I'm no good at hacking things, but I can follow simple directions.

my cousin hacked his tivo with a sleepersctrip and I just need the one for the HD tivo.

HELP!!!! ;p ;D

My wife will kill me. I promised her to be able to do this. Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by JPapa
    Like who? I thought the sleeper scritps were thee way that evryone does it on ebay and whatnot.

I have been very bussy looking for work, and i got this for my b-day.

i know you can do cool stuff with it, but I need it to be done. I'm no good at hacking things, but I can follow simple directions.

my cousin hacked his tivo with a sleepersctrip and I just need the one for the HD tivo.

HELP!!!! ;p ;D

My wife will kill me. I promised her to be able to do this. Now what?
    First of all you have to hack the hardware (flash the boot prom) in order to hack the HD tivo software. Second of all the process to hack the software once you have hacked the prom is virtually the same (if not exactly the same) as for all the rest of the series 2 tivos.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

May I suggest that this may not be the right hobby for you then...

HDTivos being on the "bleeding edge" of things, the procedures for getting into them haven't been sufficiently dumbed-down yet for the average "I don't know what I'm doing, but will follow instructions blindy from anyone that has the patience to give them to me" kinda person. If you're "no good at hacking things" then you'll probably have to wait until the other people do the "hacking" and write the run-it-and-forget-it software to re-create their steps for you.

If you had more time and the willingness to learn, you'd find that everything you need has already been posted all over this forum in various threads. All it takes is a lot of reading and the patience to sift through the noise to find that one gem of info you need.

-psxboy
    TCD652160 TivoHD
    1TB
    11.0m-01-2-652

Quote Originally Posted by psxboy
    May I suggest that this may not be the right hobby for you then...

HDTivos being on the "bleeding edge" of things, the procedures for getting into them haven't been sufficiently dumbed-down yet for the average "I don't know what I'm doing, but will follow instructions blindy from anyone that has the patience to give them to me" kinda person. If you're "no good at hacking things" then you'll probably have to wait until the other people do the "hacking" and write the run-it-and-forget-it software to re-create their steps for you.

If you had more time and the willingness to learn, you'd find that everything you need has already been posted all over this forum in various threads. All it takes is a lot of reading and the patience to sift through the noise to find that one gem of info you need.

-psxboy
    All of what you said is true, but, I'm under the distinct impression that the steps to hack a HD dtivo are 1) get the prom reflashed, 2) do what you would do on any other series 2 with prom mod

This seems pretty brainless to me.
    Malfunct

HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

When I see remarks like "I know you can do cool stuff with it, I just need it done" and "I'm no good at hacking things, but I can follow simple directions" I get the distinct impression that "get the prom re-flashed" isn't going to mean much to the person in question. But hey... that's just me.

-psxboy
    TCD652160 TivoHD
    1TB
    11.0m-01-2-652

WOW. thanks guiys. how do I reflash the prom. can the sleepr disc do that for me? is it very vey hard?

I am not above doing it myslef, but i'm going to need some simple instructions.
    just a freindly nudge in the right direction.

does sleeper still hang around here with you guys?

what do i need to do to do it? I'll do anything.

I need to have it done soon, becuase there are things I want to do with it soon.

PLEASAE HELP!

WOW. thanks guiys. how do I reflash the prom. can the sleepr disc do that for me? is it very vey hard?

I am not above doing it myslef, but i'm going to need some simple instructions.
    just a freindly nudge in the right direction.

does sleeper still hang around here with you guys?

what do i need to do to do it? I'll do anything.

I need to have it done soon, becuase there are things I want to do with it soon.

PLEASAE HELP!
    Again, READ, READ, READ. The information is here, just waiting for you. Most of the people here have a life (I don't) and don't have the time to spoon feed information to someone who isn't willing to dig the information out for himself.

One question you might ask yourself is what you wish to accomplish by hacking the HD TiVo. The last report I saw is that enabling video extraction is still 'in progress'.

And one last point I wish to make. Even if you could use TiVoScripts you WILL have to learn Linux. And Linux is rather intolerant of spelling errors.
    Someone recently used -P instead of -p and made his drive unbootable. I'm not suggesting you couldn't learn, but a $1000 piece of hardware is a mighty expensive toy to lose because of a typo.

PlainBill
    Last edited by PlainBill; 06-30-2004 at 05:16 PM.
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

how do I reflash the prom. can the sleepr disc do that for me? is it very vey hard?
    Reflashing the EEPROM on a HDTivo or any other series 2 Tivo requires that you physically remove the chip from the mainboard and reprogram it. The process of removing the chip is not a simple task, even with the proper equipment as it is a surface mount IC. You would also need the proper equipment as well as the knowledge to know how to reprogram the EEPROM. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that it's way out of your league (as it is for most of us).
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

oh my god. you guys make it out to be so hard. every ***** on ebay is selling thes thins for liekmad money. how hard could it be.

dont worry about my speling, i just type fast is all. I can slow down if I need to, especially if it will help hack my tivo.

LINUX? Holy cow. I thought it ran on Windows. I thought I could use my own PC as a pc to hack the tivo. I read that on like 50 million web sites. I only have a windows PC.

Do I need to buy a linux PC too?

OK. I guess i cant hack the tivo by myself. is there a store that does it? is it illegle? Since i promised my wife , who will kill me, that it wil work, I am in a bad place now.

This is you guys's hobby. you are here to help. Why be so secret? No one here has given me any real info yet.

isnt there a faq guide or something?

This is you guys's hobby. you are here to help. Why be so secret? No one here has given me any real info yet.
    I suggest that you cut out the rude comments now if you would like to continue to receive help. Nobody "owes" you anything.

isnt there a faq guide or something?
    There's a lot of good info in the sticky threads.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=35554

oh my god. you guys make it out to be so hard. every ***** on ebay is selling thes thins for liekmad money. how hard could it be.
    They sell them on EBay for "like, mad money" precisely because it IS hard... if it weren't, who would pay "mad money" for something they can do for free?

Actually, this sounds like the perfect solution for you. Why not just buy a pre-hacked one on EBay? Fair warning: If you do, expect to get all of your support (ie. "How do I do 'X' on this Tivo?") from the seller... not from the people on this board.

-psxboy
    TCD652160 TivoHD
    1TB
    11.0m-01-2-652

I can see this thread slowly and sadly sliding to the sewer
    Parrothead