Thread: Which Forum?

Which Forum?

Considering the Sewer is described as: "Worthless posts end up here. Think of it as a walk of shame."

What is the appropriate forum in which to discuss the running of the tivo forums?

if its general critisism of the mods, then there is no appropriate forum. use the "report this post" and pm's directly with the mods in question to discuss your grievances. Be aware that while you may disagree with the decisions of the mods, the decisions are final. While you may not get a response from any given post being reported, those messages do get read, and are acted uppon if appropriate.

if its simply general questions/comments/etc, then this is the place, or the chit chat area
    Last edited by mrblack51; 07-12-2004 at 08:54 PM.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

So any posts that are in any way critical of a moderator or a moderator's decision are forbidden? Thus, any comment on how the forum could be improved wouldn't be allowed, because that implies the current setup is imperfect?

Quote Originally Posted by BTUx9
    So any posts that are in any way critical of a moderator or a moderator's decision are forbidden? Thus, any comment on how the forum could be improved wouldn't be allowed, because that implies the current setup is imperfect?
    Sorry, that didn't come out the way I intended.

In this forum, it's not allowed to discuss any decisions that have been made by moderators (except to agree with them)... is that the rule?

What about the forum itself, and the role of the moderators... can that be discussed?

What about the rules of the forum (or lack thereof)?

I have something that isn't flamatory. It seems the search is broken. I haven't been able to search all day, and I really need to.

Quote Originally Posted by BTUx9
    Sorry, that didn't come out the way I intended.

In this forum, it's not allowed to discuss any decisions that have been made by moderators (except to agree with them)... is that the rule?

What about the forum itself, and the role of the moderators... can that be discussed?

What about the rules of the forum (or lack thereof)?

You can discuss whatever you like. Remember, however, that this is not a democracy. Moderator decisions are final. If you don't like it, you can go elsewhere.

We are a MUCH more free forum then TCF, and have very little restriction.

Use this forum wisely. Learn from it. Share. Do NOT criticize the way the board is managed, but feel free to offer suggestions for improvement. They might be adopted. Then again, they might not.

You strike me as one of those folks who think YOUR way is better. It might be. Then again, it might not be.

I'm sure if you were made a moderator, you would run things different. Since there is not a great chance of that happening, I recommend that you might want to look into starting your own forum, or at least keeping up with your good work on your little wiki.

I've gone through much of this with you in private PM, and will not reiterate it here.

If you'd like to have a frank and open discussion about how the forums might better be organized, have at it. if you want to discuss what gets moved, what gets deleted, who gets banned and how things are managed, don't.

EDIT: Moved to Questions & Comments
    Last edited by JJBliss; 07-12-2004 at 11:24 PM.

So why was this thread closed?

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=36048

I was not discussing what gets moved, what gets deleted, who gets banned or how things are managed.

I was sincerely hoping for a reply, to better understand why things are the way they are. There may be perfectly good reasons for some of these "rules" and I was hoping to find out what they are. I didn't think asking "Why is it this way?" was inflammatory. Maybe if it was explained in public some tension could be relieved here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiros
    So why was this thread closed?

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...77&postcount=7

I was not discussing what gets moved, what gets deleted, who gets banned or how things are managed.

I was sincerely hoping for a reply, to better understand why things are the way they are. There may be perfectly good reasons for some of these "rules" and I was hoping to find out what they are. I didn't think asking "Why is it this way?" was inflammatory. Maybe if it was explained in public some tension could be relieved here.
    You have been warned on numerous occasions not to question moderator decisions or board policies (i.e. "how things are managed"). You have been advised that we have no desire to discuss politics with you, Sleeper, or anybody else. You will either discuss "deals" or "TiVo hacking" here. If you choose to make suggestions, they will be in the interest of improving the organization or presentation of information. You will not harass the moderators or administrators.

I know that's a lot of guidelines to handle, so I'll give you three days in the penalty box so that you can think things over. Try to behave when you come back.

So post the rules once and for all and be done with it.
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleLamp
    So post the rules once and for all and be done with it.
    Nothing has changed since this post.