Thread: Beta testers needed

Beta testers needed

We need to Beta Test a utility that allows easy extraction of TiVo programs and also some other neat features that I cannot discuss right now. Right now it is a crude command line type of program so you have to have to be comfortable with that sort of thing. We are in the process of adding a GUI, but that will be at least a month or two.

Of course you get the final product free if you are chosen to participate in the Beta Test.

The only requirement is that your TiVo is running MFS-FTP - something that is included on most upgrade utility disks/CDs. You will of course have to sign an NDA/Non-compete etc.

If you are interested, please reply here or (preferably) email <EMAIL REMOVED> and we will take it from there.

Thanx,
    Anil Gupte
    Last edited by alldeadhomiez; 07-15-2004 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anilgupte
    We need to Beta Test a utility that allows easy extraction of TiVo programs and also some other neat features that I cannot discuss right now. Right now it is a crude command line type of program so you have to have to be comfortable with that sort of thing. We are in the process of adding a GUI, but that will be at least a month or two.

Of course you get the final product free if you are chosen to participate in the Beta Test.

The only requirement is that your TiVo is running MFS-FTP - something that is included on most upgrade utility disks/CDs. You will of course have to sign an NDA/Non-compete etc.

If you are interested, please reply here or (preferably) email <EMAIL DELETED> and we will take it from there.

Thanx,
    Anil Gupte
    Are you testing a commercial product based on MFS-FTP?
    One that you will eventually sell to the public?
    Last edited by alldeadhomiez; 07-15-2004 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anilgupte

If you are interested, please reply here or (preferably) email <EMAIL REMOVED> and we will take it from there.
    Um, where to begin...

You're trying to commercialize video extraction, make money off a program that Riley created for free, and you want us to sign an NDA to get a copy?

I don't think so. Come back when you have something to contribute to the community. It's a hobby, not a friggin business.

-Thread Closed-

and folks are going to wonder what happend when I pull mfs_ftp entirely...