Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CCXStream

35 Ccxsteamed!!!!

I just set up my XBMC with the June 2004 (6/6/04???) version. I am able to view my DTivo contents with TivoX control station. Thanks Carlos!

However when I try and set up ccxstream via './ccxstream' I am getting permission denied. Does it matter what directory I put the ccxtream file into? I am really frustrated. I tried putting ccxstream in the folder where my TivoWebPlus folder is then I tried it in var/hacks directory. I download the series 2 version, since I am running a Samsung S4040R.

Also, is there a way to check if ty streaming is employed in my version of XBMC player? Is it listed under the codecs section of the XBMC directory?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by tivo_rvr2k3; 06-18-2004 at 08:22 PM.

I figured out how to run ccxstream. I wasn't CHMODing it before trying to run it. Now I need to figure out which version gives me the best sync quality.

Where do you get ccxstream from? I see some binaries posted in the forum, but they don't seem to work for me. I can navigate to my tivo using tivox, but cannot play my recorded shows. I have a series 1, sony svr2000. When I run the binary I have, nothing happens. There are no messages, which makes me think that it is incompatible. I can try to compile the source code, but I don't quite know how to do this. thanks.
    Last edited by rshu330; 06-25-2004 at 04:40 PM.

I used the series 2 binaries. Once I ran the chmod command, they worked with the standard command './ccxstream' . I put it in my var/hack directory.

I did not compile anything, just ran the program. I am able to watch some of my Tivo shows, but not all of them for some reason. I haven't really played with it once I got the ccxstream running the first time.

Thanks for replyin, tivo_rvr2k3. Does anyone have the series 1 binary, or can compile it for me? The ones that are posted in the forum do not work on my box. After I chmod and execute the program, nothing happens. Thanks in advance!

Working CCXStream

Where can I get a WORKING binary of ccxstream? Whenever I run it nothing happens and it goes to the flashing _ on a line by its self?

I've posted binaries on the TiVoX Control Station support page:

www.fatattitude.com/software
    Carlos

now when I run ccxtest it says
    doing dir n ''
    rootdir: /
    listing files
    listing file LiveTV
    file info: /LiveTV /LiveTV
    1) Live TV
    listing files
    listing file NowShowing
    file info: /NowShowing /NowShowing
    2) NowShowing
    listing files
    >

then it just stops.. any ideas?

when I try to play in XBMC i get PLAYING.. and then nothing happens
    Last edited by dB02; 07-20-2004 at 10:19 AM. Reason: adding something

Hello

My best guess is that for some reason the ccxstream software is unable to list your 'Now Showing' directory; possibly due to some sort of error in the mfs, or a rogue file or similar.

Do you have tivoweb? Is THAT able to list your 'Now Showing' directory?

Firstly, I'd check you've DEFINITELY got the correct, most recent, version of ccxstream, and try rebooting the tivo. Secondly, I'd try deleting all your 'Now Showing' programs if that doesn't work. Thirdly, I'd look for the tivo to xbox streaming thread and post there.
    Carlos

Hey,
    I have TivoWeb Plus will that work?

I will try TivoWeb and see that it can display the now playing list and everything works...

TivoX shows the list of the shows and the info of the programs still tho

ccxstream for s2

can someone either PM me or post a complied version for the series2? I have check a couple links here and at source forge and I can seem to find them. I do have the source code I think but I'm not sure how to compile it. Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Nevermind found them
    Last edited by Mr novice; 08-08-2004 at 10:42 PM. Reason: file found

Im a new member and can anyone spare some time to help me out.

I think my question is simple and will appear to be basic to many of you but networking with the xbox is new to me. I can connect my xbox with Flash FXP and transfer files, no problem. I recently heard that you can network your xbox with ccXstream and I keep reading that its easy. Well I've been trying it and its not. I have XBMC 1.0 (by HTB via xbins) and ccXstream 1.3. I drag my files and start server but when I go to my videos and select xbms it pauses for a while and then opens up to nothing. Can someone, ANYONE please help me out. I would be very appreciative.

Anyone made a tut yet?

That would be a good one.

Help

Quote Originally Posted by dB02
    now when I run ccxtest it says
    doing dir n ''
    rootdir: /
    listing files
    listing file LiveTV
    file info: /LiveTV /LiveTV
    1) Live TV
    listing files
    listing file NowShowing
    file info: /NowShowing /NowShowing
    2) NowShowing
    listing files
    >

then it just stops.. any ideas?

when I try to play in XBMC i get PLAYING.. and then nothing happens
    Is there a solutionfor this ?? I have finally hacked my HDVR2 3.1.1e and everything is working great but streaming to my xbox. I receive the same results as above

I still cant get streaming to my xbox working. I see ccxsteam running on the Tivo when I do a ps-x but when I select play on the xbox it just sits there Also ccxtest does this when I run it. Can anyone please help me.
    (none):/var/hack/bin$
    (none):/var/hack/bin$ ccxtest
    Connecting to xbmsp://localhost:1400/
    1) LiveTV
    2) NowShowing
    >