Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TiVo_CRAZEE bites the hand that feeds him.

Series 1 3.1.0c Bufferhack Update?

Anybody figure out if the 3.1.0b supported version still works for 3.1.0c???
    When asked "Is the glass half empty or half full?" I alway thought the glass was just the wrong size!

Quote Originally Posted by TiVo_CRAZEE

What kind of ridiculous question is that?

Did "anybody" "figure out" if 3.1.0b version still works??? You mean, by like, trial and error? Did YOU test it? What did YOU figure out?

If you would have ran it yourself, you would have seen that the MFS component will still work since the resource ID hasn't changed, but since tivoapp is a new size, the tivoapp patching component will fail, and tell you so.

So, just like it says in this thread, a new version of bufferhack is needed that accounts for the new tivoapp for 3.1.0c

Sorry for being testy... that was just a loaded silly question.

I will give the more polite answer.. Support for 3.1.0c (and 3.0) will be in bufferhack 2.3...Keep an eye out for it this weekend...Although I suspect 3.1.0d will be coming soon given the video freeze bug.

jeboo

Quote Originally Posted by JJBliss
    Sorry for being testy... that was just a loaded silly question.
    Testy is a bit of an understatement . . . sorry we are not all macho programmer dudes like you! I did read all of the thread and was left not understanding and also not wanting to run a patch that potentially could modify the kernal or tivoapp incorrectly, so NO I DIDN'T RUN IT MYSELF, and decided to ask the forum. Isn't that what it is for, or is it just a place for you to get you ego stroked?

Why don't you try taking a medical supplement for you apparent condition (maybe prozac)?

Thanks for the understanding Jeboo!!!
    Last edited by TiVo_CRAZEE; 07-17-2004 at 04:25 PM.
    When asked "Is the glass half empty or half full?" I alway thought the glass was just the wrong size!

Testy is a bit of an understatement . . . sorry we are not all macho programmer dudes like you! I did read all of the thread and was left not understanding and also not wanting to run a patch that potentially could modify the kernal or tivoapp incorrectly, so NO I DIDN'T RUN IT MYSELF, and decided to ask the forum. Isn't that what it is for, or is it just a place for you to get you ego stroked?

Why don't you try taking a medical supplement for you apparent condition (maybe prozac)?

JJbliss apologizes for being testy and you respond like that???

gee, I wonder what could have possibly annoyed JJBliss to make him testy in the first place...

mod is a volounteer position herebouts and the aggravation far outweighs the perks - please bear that in mind and try not to ask silly questions (or at least ask them in the right thread)

--
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy & good with ketchup

Um.... Good job.

JJBliss is left wishing there was a way to pat these folks on the head and send them on their way

If you can dish it out you should learn to take it too!

Quote Originally Posted by rc3105
    JJbliss apologizes for being testy and you respond like that???
    Let's see slam away and then make an off-handed excuse for it . . . nice apology . . . I guess if the shoe fits you can wear it too!

Quote Originally Posted by rc3105
    (or at least ask them in the right thread)
    Hmm . . . guess I shoulda known better then to ask a question about Bufferhack in the Bufferhack thread?!

Let's see slam away and then make an off-handed excuse for it . . . nice apology . . . I guess if the shoe fits you can wear it too!
    Hmm . . . guess I shoulda known better then to ask a question about Bufferhack in the Bufferhack thread?!
    There was no slam. I just told you that your question was ridiculous. You asked a stupid question and got an obnoxious answer. I'm sure this has happened to you before. This couldn't have been the first time.

You claim to have read all of the thread and didn't understand

But if you did, you would have read this and this. Unless your reading comprehension skills are that poor, then I don't blame you for feeling slighted by my comments, since you probably didn't understand my point anyway.

The reason your post was silly/ridiculous is:

a) It was already asked and answered
    b) you phrased in such a way as to claim that it MIGHT be figured out by trial and error
    c) you asked if anyone "figured out if the 3.1.0b supported version still works for 3.1.0c" which implies that SOMEONE should have "tried" it, but NOT you - for fear of "not wanting to run a patch that potentially could modify the kernal or tivoapp incorrectly".

So you see, my post to you wasn't a slam, it was informational. Your post was ridiculous and if you would have ran it yourself (as you asked if anybody did) you would have seen the results first hand.

I even apologized for taking up everyone elses time in order to scold you in hopes of saving the next thread. I see that was in vain.

Nonetheless, despite your rude obnoxious behavior, the new bufferhack will be out (thanks to Jeboo) tomorrow. I hope you enjoy it, and it works very well for you, seeing how you earned it and all.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBliss
    . . . and got an obnoxious answer.
    Well put . . . you are an obnoxious ****!

Split

I split these posts away from a valuable thread so as not to let them poison it.

In the spirit of free-speech that we have always stood by here at DDB, I haven't banned TiVo_CRAZEE for his big mouth. Since he and I apparently are all of a sudden at odds (shame really..), it would be wrong to pull rank. Rather then smite him, I just cleaned up the thread and will allow him to embarrass himself here in the sewer.

TiVo_CRAZEE IS NOT in Danger of starving!

I believe that most people who read through this thread will concur that your arrogance, and totally rude response to a simple one line question, is at least as embarrasing as my ignorance!

If you look back you will notice that in the past I have actually helped you fix this app for other software updates . . . as usual, no past good deeds go unpunished. You really should learn not to read things so literally and lighten up . . . my only intent for the original post was to see if any progress was being made . . . I think Jeboo understood this based on his "polite" response to your rude behavior.
    Last edited by TiVo_CRAZEE; 07-19-2004 at 04:51 PM.

Testy is a bit of an understatement . . . sorry we are not all macho programmer dudes like you! ... Isn't that what it is for, or is it just a place for you to get you ego stroked?

I believe that most people who read through this thread will concur that your arrogance, and totally rude response to a simple one line question, is at least as embarrasing as my ignorance!
    Funny. From my point of view, you seem to have made a complete fool of yourself.

JJBliss' reply, however obnoxious or arrogant it may have been, provided you with an answer. You could have graciously accepted that answer. Instead, you foolishly retorted.

Oops, your bad.

When asked "Is the glass half empty or half full?" I alway thought the glass was just the wrong size! .
    I usually just yell for bartender.. hic!
    perl -e 'print unpack("u","\@2\&\%V92\!Y;W4\@:&\%C:V5D(\%E/55\(\@5\&EV\;R\!T;V1A>3\\-\`"),"\n";'

Whae ever happened to manners?

I have read 1,000's of posts here and can say I am stunned at the lack of respect for others' work, opinions, questions, and insight. The folks who "give away" their work do so in good faith (and maybe a little "Hey everybody, look over here at what I did"). The folks who come here do so for the depth of information about how to make their Tivo machines do more - which I might add is found no where else. I don't believe anyone intentionally asks a stupid question. I also understand answering the SAME questions over and over gets old in short order. With that said I couldn't believe DB was allowed to be so vehemently rude to most everyone for so long (yeah, I know this is a dead issue...) I see the wake of his impact on tone here again and again. Contributing to the casue is important, but being a decent human is just as important.

My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ccipher
    I have read 1,000's of posts here and can say I am stunned at the lack of respect for others' work, opinions, questions, and insight. The folks who "give away" their work do so in good faith (and maybe a little "Hey everybody, look over here at what I did"). The folks who come here do so for the depth of information about how to make their Tivo machines do more - which I might add is found no where else. I don't believe anyone intentionally asks a stupid question. I also understand answering the SAME questions over and over gets old in short order. With that said I couldn't believe DB was allowed to be so vehemently rude to most everyone for so long (yeah, I know this is a dead issue...) I see the wake of his impact on tone here again and again. Contributing to the casue is important, but being a decent human is just as important.

My 2 cents.
    I would dispute your assumption that no one deliberately asks a stupid question. We recently have seen a number of people that deserve a sign (ala Jeff Foxworthy). It DOES get tiring answering the same questions over and over again. However, when someone refuses to understand WHY they must follow directions, it takes me over the edge. My personal pet peeve is the guy who 'has XX years of computer experience', doesn't know Linux or TiVos, and doesn't want to search for th answers - even rejects pointers to the correct answer.

There's one on the Newbie forum right now - doesn't believe TiVoScripts needs a FAT32 hard drive to work properly. I've decided to let him stew in his misery.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.