Thread: Tytool tries to create an invalid filename

Tytool tries to create an invalid filename

Hi,

Searched here found nothing similar to this. I am trying to download a 20 gig file from a S1 UK model. When I click on "get" it fails with the error message

Could not open an output file!

what is also displayed on the screen but you don't see here is a little square box right after the !

It is trying to create this file

Name = '76/949377/949378/949385/949397'

which obviously is nonsense. If I try and extract something else smaller (~3gig or so) it tries to and successfully does create

Name = 'T:\Dad's Army-Wake Up Walmington'

That looks like some sort of buffer overflow due to the size of your source videofile. I'm not sure what the fix might be, but it certainly looks like a limitation of TyTool/vserver.

Have you tried pulling it directly from mfs_ftp?

The name of the file looks like the list of FSIDs that shows up in the TyTools window for a show that's ebing extracted. You might try extracting it using the Get Parts option and just select half of the FSIDs as a group. You can rejoin them once you've transferred them to your PC. I use VideoReDo to join parts of shows that have been extracted and muxed to mpeg files but there are lots of other methods for doing the same thing that have been listed in various threads here.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Quote Originally Posted by Narf54321 View Post
    That looks like some sort of buffer overflow due to the size of your source videofile. I'm not sure what the fix might be, but it certainly looks like a limitation of TyTool/vserver.

Have you tried pulling it directly from mfs_ftp?
    I've just started a download via filezilla using ms_ftp, it has another 7h 27m to run....hopefully it'll be done in the morning.

As regards overflow could it be at the 16gig barrier, I have successfully retrieved a 12.5gig file before.

Quote Originally Posted by hokkers999 View Post
    I've just started a download via filezilla using ms_ftp, it has another 7h 27m to run....hopefully it'll be done in the morning.

As regards overflow could it be at the 16gig barrier, I have successfully retrieved a 12.5gig file before.
    The download worked just fine, curiously enough, tytool was able to demux the 20gig file!

Still like to know why it choked in the first place though...