Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Tytool tries to create an invalid filename

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7

    Tytool tries to create an invalid filename

    Hi,

    Searched here found nothing similar to this. I am trying to download a 20 gig file from a S1 UK model. When I click on "get" it fails with the error message

    Could not open an output file!

    what is also displayed on the screen but you don't see here is a little square box right after the !

    It is trying to create this file

    Name = '76/949377/949378/949385/949397'

    which obviously is nonsense. If I try and extract something else smaller (~3gig or so) it tries to and successfully does create

    Name = 'T:\Dad's Army-Wake Up Walmington'

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    1,263
    That looks like some sort of buffer overflow due to the size of your source videofile. I'm not sure what the fix might be, but it certainly looks like a limitation of TyTool/vserver.

    Have you tried pulling it directly from mfs_ftp?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    6,413
    The name of the file looks like the list of FSIDs that shows up in the TyTools window for a show that's ebing extracted. You might try extracting it using the Get Parts option and just select half of the FSIDs as a group. You can rejoin them once you've transferred them to your PC. I use VideoReDo to join parts of shows that have been extracted and muxed to mpeg files but there are lots of other methods for doing the same thing that have been listed in various threads here.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Narf54321 View Post
    That looks like some sort of buffer overflow due to the size of your source videofile. I'm not sure what the fix might be, but it certainly looks like a limitation of TyTool/vserver.

    Have you tried pulling it directly from mfs_ftp?
    I've just started a download via filezilla using ms_ftp, it has another 7h 27m to run....hopefully it'll be done in the morning.

    As regards overflow could it be at the 16gig barrier, I have successfully retrieved a 12.5gig file before.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by hokkers999 View Post
    I've just started a download via filezilla using ms_ftp, it has another 7h 27m to run....hopefully it'll be done in the morning.

    As regards overflow could it be at the 16gig barrier, I have successfully retrieved a 12.5gig file before.
    The download worked just fine, curiously enough, tytool was able to demux the 20gig file!

    Still like to know why it choked in the first place though...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •