Thread: Tivoweb Genre Error

Hybrid View

Tivoweb Genre Error

I'm getting an error when i tried to load tivoweb. Here is a little background info before i past the error. This is a HDVR2 that I finished monte'ing with sleepers iso a few days ago. This is the first time i have experimented with 4.0. I have everything else running great except tivowebplus. Before everyone screams to use the search button i have. i have spent the past few days searching. I saw a bunch of posts related to my error and everyon just said keep reloading tivoweb. There was no real resolution.

Error:

ui
    errDbNotFound can't open object (errDbNotFound)

while executing
    "db $db open /DataSet/GenreVersion"
    ("uplevel" body line 2)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    "transaction {uplevel $body}"
    (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
    invoked from within
    "RetryTransaction {
    set dataset [db $db open /DataSet/GenreVersion]
    set genres [dbobj $dataset gettarget Data]
    }"
    (procedure "GetSAGenres" line 5)
    invoked from within
    "GetSAGenres"
    (procedure "init_db" line 71)
    invoked from within
    "init_db"
    (file "./modules/ui.itcl" line 4681)
    invoked from within
    "source $module "
    webremote

I have looked in MFS and I do not have a /DataSet/GenreVersion. One post said to redo the guided setup to recreate that value but from what i can tell that should only be present on SA boxes and not dtivo's. I looked in ui.itcl and hardcoded it to use the GetDTivoGenres function(since right now it's using the GetSAGenres function which seems strange also since this is a dtivo). when i do that i get the same error except it can't find the MFS value /apgboot. That doesn't exsist in my MFS either?

So... I'm stuck now. maybe i missed something while searching the forums. maybe i have a bad 4.0 image. either way i'm hoping someone might be able to help!

I made a utility called Alarmtronics TivoScripts 1.02 that will fix your problem! Just run it like this:

sh tivoscripts1_02.tpm

and it will Repair the genre settings!

--Robert
    Attached Files Attached Files
    3.1.0c2 Upgrade with all the goods: Alarmtronics SleepyISO 1.1!

Thanks that worked like a champ!

I do have a few questions. Can you describe what the script is doing. it's in the tpm format so i can't read it (haven't searched on how to unpack it yet). What is the root of the problem that i have? Does this affect ALL S2 dtivo's running 4.0?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Fletch319; 07-23-2004 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarmtronics
    Alarmtronics TivoScripts 1.02 is a novel utility used to repair the broken Genre that makes TivoWebPlus crash. Read about it here and download it here!!

Edit: do not be confused, this is not the Sleeper ISO, it is a much greater accomplishment!

--Robert
    Just an FYI for the mods...This file contains a derogatory statement hidden beneath its layers of hardcore ascii encryption. I believe it to be against the rules currently governing this forum.

jeboo

Quote Originally Posted by Alarmtronics
    Code:
    set file "\x2f\x65\x74\x63\x2f\x73\x6c\x65\x65\x70\x65\x72\x20\x69\x73\x20\x61\x20\x68\x6f\x6d\x6f"
    "Sleeper is a homo"? Real cute. Now I've got one for you:

Code:
    set file "\x2f\x65\x74\x63\x2f\x59\x6f\x75\x27\x72\x65\x20\x62\x61\x6e\x6e\x65\x64\x2e"

I hate to break up this pissing match but here is a little update.

Alarmtronics patch fixed my issue (although i'm still not sure exactly what it did). Due to some other issues i decided just to start over again. After the restore and using the sleeper iso now MFS shows apgboot and the UI module works perfectly after the default tivowebplus install without using the patch above. Go figure....

Quote Originally Posted by alldeadhomiez
    "Sleeper is a homo"? Real cute. Now I've got one for you:

Code:
    set file "\x2f\x65\x74\x63\x2f\x59\x6f\x75\x27\x72\x65\x20\x62\x61\x6e\x6e\x65\x64\x2e"
    Ha, nicely done. Way to put the "hex" on him ;-)

Code:
    set file "\x6e\x6f\x20\x73\x6f\x75\x70\x20\x66\x6f\x72\x20\x79\x6f\x75\x21"
    1 HR10-250, upgraded to 570 SD hours, hacked, 6.3b.
    1 HDVR2, upgraded to 206 hours, hacked, 6.2.
    1 HDVR2, upgraded to 168 hours, hacked, 6.2.
    tyExtract - Automated batch extraction utility
    YacMon - YAC Server log monitor for new call(s) notification via email/text message

I apollogize if anyone was offended by the script. That string was introduced in one of the engineering betas but it was accidentally left there in the release. I take full responsability.

A.
    3.1.0c2 Upgrade with all the goods: Alarmtronics SleepyISO 1.1!

Please note that this should only be used with TivoWeb 1.9.4 final (which is what is included with the Sleeper ISO).

The "genre bug" has never been an issue with TivoWebPlus and using this script with TWP installed may (or may not) cause undesired effects.

falcontx

Quote Originally Posted by falcontx
    Please note that this should only be used with TivoWeb 1.9.4 final (which is what is included with the Sleeper ISO).

The "genre bug" has never been an issue with TivoWebPlus and using this script with TWP installed may (or may not) cause undesired effects.
    Post moved from the Files forum. Please don't try to start discussions there.

From what I could tell, the "Alarmtronics" script writes out a legit 4.0 genre slice (including the /DataSet/GenreVersion object) and then dbloads it. If you already have correct genre information in MFS and have not customized it, the script will have no ill effect.

Glancing through the source, it looks like TWP requires /DataSet/GenreVersion on SAs. If it is missing for whatever reason, ui.itcl will crash; the script provides one way to repair the problem. TWP does not appear to need that object on a DTiVo since the genre objects come from the APG, so if you see the /DataSet/GenreVersion error on a combo unit it is a symptom of hardware misdetection by TWP. I would imagine this happens most frequently when people use a 4.0 SA image on a DTiVo and forget to run "clear and delete everything."