Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Series1 3.1.0c2 Update: support, discussion, and tools

NEW Series1 3.1.0c2 Update: support, discussion, and tools

This week DTV downloaded version 3.1.0c2 to your DirecTivo. Here is what we know about 3.1.0c2:

It fixes the 3.1.0c satalite bug
    It fixes the 3.1.0b guide bug
    It is downloaded on your Tivo but it is not active yet
    It is mostly the same as 3.1.0b other than that

I have posted the Alarmtronics SleepyIso 1.1 which will activate the 3.1.0c2 software and install all your favorite hacks all by running a single TPM script. Please check it out and send me your feedback!

If you did not download the slices off the satallite for some reason just post a request in the Image Begging Thread and maybe I will send you a link to my private server. Please do not PM me with Newbie questions or questions about SleepyIso or slice requests. Post ALL questions in the appropriate forums.

Good Luck and Enjoy the SleepyIso!

--Robert
    3.1.0c2 Upgrade with all the goods: Alarmtronics SleepyISO 1.1!

Can sleepyiso 1.1 somehow be installed on top of 3.1.0c2?

I made an append yesterday that mysteriously disappeared. Perhaps I placed
    it in the the incorrect place. I'll try again here. I unfortuantely have a dtivo that
    is already at 3.1.0C2 and I'd like to install the hacks from sleepyiso 1.1 on top of it, but it won't let me. It indicates 3.1.0C2 is already installed. Are there any
    parameters that can be passed to sleepyiso to skip this step? I installed
    it on my other dtivo before it got upgraded to 3.1.0c2 and it went very smooth and installed quite easily. That was rather slick and hats off to the author(s) of that support .
    Last edited by tivo4ever; 07-31-2004 at 09:47 AM.

Can I upgrade from 3.1.0b to 3.1.0c2 or do I need to upgrade to 3.1.0c first????????

do I boot to this cd with my tivo drive attatched to my PC? directions?

I have a version 2.5 DSR6000 and a laptop with only USB ports.

Can I use my USB to Serial adapter, get bash and update/upgrade to C2?

Tell me it can be done!

EDIT: I did it. Hyperterminal works at 115200 N81None. Now I need the slices for a DSR6000.
    Last edited by Astrogoth; 08-05-2004 at 12:37 AM.

iso?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I don't want to mess up anything.

What is the iso file for? Can I not just run the tpm file via bash?

nevermind I went ahead and took the plunge, no need for that stinkin iso file! Thanks Alarmtronics, made my update much easier!

What is installed with the C2 upgrade? I just got all my hacks reinstalled from the C upgrade. I'm not experiencing the video freeze problem but I am getting random reboots. Think C2 would fix that? If not where can I look to find out why it's rebooting? I've checked all the logs that I'm aware of and none show any indication as to why. And temp is not an issue, it stays around 47 to 49 Celcius all the time.

new to SleepyIso

Never used the Alarmtronics SleepyIso but I'm thinking I might take the plunge. I have couple of newbie questions on this.

If I understand correctly if I have the slices loaded I can just run this script from bash and the Tivo will upgrade with the hacks already setup? No need to remove drives (sounds almost too good to be true!). Any reason the system needs to be in a "Pending Restart" state before doing this (I have the slices but the Tivo hasn't called out in a few days so it's not "authorized" the upgrade yet) - I'm guessing the script doesn't care about any of that.

I reviewed the script and from what I can tell it's pre-configured to install all of the hacks (doesn't prompt to select which hacks to install) - I'm fine with that - just want to clarify what to expect (I don't usually use the backdoors and the yellow star hacks).

It looks like all the hacks that are implemented are tivoapp hacks using the offsets? I haven't used that approach in the past (I hacked my tivos before the tivoapp approach - so I always used noscramble - I like the idea of "updating" to the new approach).

Does the script provide a chance to configure the network settings? I use a static IP on my tivos which I'll need to set.

Thanks for any help - and thanks to Alarmtronics for what looks like a great tool!

Works exactly as described. You'll have to use AW's script
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=31213 if you want to view your shows that were recorded under no scramble. Read the thread through if you have any problems.

The script doesn't touch the network settings, the tivo software takes care of that. I think you'll have to manually tweak it to get your static IP address. Make sure you have a serial cable. The script gives you time to manually make adjustments before you reboot. You could probably make your changes before you reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by tmembrino
    Never used the Alarmtronics SleepyIso but I'm thinking I might take the plunge. I have couple of newbie questions on this.

If I understand correctly if I have the slices loaded I can just run this script from bash and the Tivo will upgrade with the hacks already setup? No need to remove drives (sounds almost too good to be true!). Any reason the system needs to be in a "Pending Restart" state before doing this (I have the slices but the Tivo hasn't called out in a few days so it's not "authorized" the upgrade yet) - I'm guessing the script doesn't care about any of that.

I reviewed the script and from what I can tell it's pre-configured to install all of the hacks (doesn't prompt to select which hacks to install) - I'm fine with that - just want to clarify what to expect (I don't usually use the backdoors and the yellow star hacks).

It looks like all the hacks that are implemented are tivoapp hacks using the offsets? I haven't used that approach in the past (I hacked my tivos before the tivoapp approach - so I always used noscramble - I like the idea of "updating" to the new approach).

Does the script provide a chance to configure the network settings? I use a static IP on my tivos which I'll need to set.

Thanks for any help - and thanks to Alarmtronics for what looks like a great tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Overkill
    Got it working
    Curious to know what you did to get it to work; I am about to use this same script and I am in the same circumstance (still with 3.1.0b but 3.1.0c and d3.1.0c2 have downloaded and are waiting for me to replug in the phone line to install.) How did you manage to skip of 3.1.0c, and get FTP running?

Does this also install the LBA48 kernel? I'm using a 160 GB drive with all the space recognized.

I have not used Alarmtronics Sleepyiso before either, but it sounds like a great way to go...

Quick question (I assume there has to be someone else in the same boat as me)... I have a cachecard in my unit, not Turbonet.

How do I install cachecard drivers instead? I have all the cachecard drivers in an ISO file, am I still going to have to pull the drive? I can't believe that... has to be a better way.

(reading this, sounds like a newbie question - apologize in advance... just not familiar with this script)

After the script runs, before you reboot, you can copy files to the new file system located in /install.

damn... somebody deleted my earlier post about the issue I had. It never gave me a chance to install the cachecard drivers before it rebooted... just immediately rebooted with error messages. The hacks all appear to work, just no network drivers...

Question Software update loop/Serious Problem!!!

I ran the Sleepytpm w/ no problems, I thought.
    Once I updated and rebooted, my Tivo made a daily call, and proceeded to "update" the software! Which obviously was already updated by Sleepytpm! So, now the Tivo is in an "installing new software" loop???
    It shows the "installing new software" screen, then boots up/acquires sat. signal, audio/video for about 10 seconds, then reboots and starts same process over.
    While its booting up and acquiring sat.- I do have telnet and ftp available!
    Hopefully I can use that to fix this.
    Please help here... everything seemed fine.
    Was I not suppose to make a call or enable calling out??!!
    thanks in advance for the help,

jb
    Last edited by jbstix; 08-05-2004 at 02:31 PM.