Thread: non-technical posts (split from: bufferhack 2.x NOW with corrected playbar)

Quote Originally Posted by JJBliss
    our post came off nasty and adversarial. ...If that wasn't your intention, work on your writing skills. If that was your intention, it worked.
    Just trying to fit in by following the lead of the mods. You're obviously not the one to teach civility, so don't get pissy when people don't kiss your heinie.
    Last edited by mike_s; 07-31-2004 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_s
    Just trying to fit in by following the lead of the mods. You're obviously not the one to teach civility, so don't get pissy when people don't kiss your heinie.
    Don't waste your time, it's a lost cause. It appears Vadim has washed his hands of any hope of decorum on the forum . . .
    When asked "Is the glass half empty or half full?" I alway thought the glass was just the wrong size!

there's one thing most kindergarden teachers try to teach - "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

allthough it wasn't routed via proper channels, lesse if I can address TIVo_CRAZEE's grievance (lack of forum decorum)

mike_s:

vulgar language directed towards a mod == penalty box

TIVo_CRAZEE:

fueling potential flames & previous mod dissing == penalty box

during your respective vacations, feel free to ponder the aggrivation of owning / managing a forum & try to imagine ANY reason management should put up with that sort of baloney
    ---
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer

Quote Originally Posted by rc3105
    vulgar language directed towards a mod == penalty box
    What about

vulgar language directed towards anyone == penalty box

?????

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    What about

vulgar language directed towards anyone == penalty box

?????
    what about it?
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

1) it's impossible to make everyone play nice & impractical to try

2) this is NOT kindergarden - grow a thicker skin

3) there's a "report this post" button for real problems

this forum is NOT public as in govt, it's public as in a diner, club or business. anybody gets too rowdy they'll be asked to shut up and/or leave

annoying the mods is a good way to get asked to leave (insult the bouncer at a club & see if your feet touch the floor on the way out)
    ---
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer

No need to get testy.

I was simply suggesting that vulgaraties should not be directed towards anyone.

No need to get testy.

who was getting testy?
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

No need to get testy.

And our latest wannabe moderator pipes up again to offer "constructive" advice on how best to run the site. The same site, of course, that he has no interest in contributing to, because it's run by a bunch of jaded elitists who are out to get him. The kind of people who would seize on every opportunity to ban him under his own proposed "rules." (Oops.)

I have just one question for you: if we're such evil moderators, why do we allow you to remain in our house and post baseless accusations at our expense? It sure seems you would be much less tolerant of this sort of nonsense if you ran your own site. As somebody who obviously has strong beliefs about how people should treat each other on the forums, why are you so willing to litter in our backyard?

Quote Originally Posted by rc3105
    1) it's impossible to make everyone play nice & impractical to try

2) this is NOT kindergarden - grow a thicker skin

3) there's a "report this post" button for real problems

this forum is NOT public as in govt, it's public as in a diner, club or business. anybody gets too rowdy they'll be asked to shut up and/or leave

annoying the mods is a good way to get asked to leave (insult the bouncer at a club & see if your feet touch the floor on the way out)
    OK, I'm not trying to start an argument, harrass a moderator, or insult anyone. I have what I hope is a civil question. Where is the '"report this post" button'. I swear I've looked over the page from top to botton and can't see it. And before anyone asks, Yes, my wife has noticed that I can look directly at something and not see it.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Quote Originally Posted by PlainBill
    OK, I'm not trying to start an argument, harrass a moderator, or insult anyone. I have what I hope is a civil question. Where is the '"report this post" button'. I swear I've looked over the page from top to botton and can't see it. And before anyone asks, Yes, my wife has noticed that I can look directly at something and not see it.

PlainBill
    Right next to the number of the post. It looks like a triangular yield sign, but upside down. (Red with an exclamation point inside of it.)

Quote Originally Posted by JJBliss
    Right next to the number of the post. It looks like a triangular yield sign, but upside down. (Red with an exclamation point inside of it.)
    Thank you.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.