Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
Results 631 to 638 of 638

Thread: killhdinitrd 0.9.x Support Thread

  1. #631
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ScanMan View Post
    Yes, absolutely; the '3.1.5' and the '7.2.2-oth.k1' both work fine with the 9.1 software.
    I tried killhdinitrd on the virgin 7.2.2 kernel on my 9.3.2b SA2 TiVo and it's now in a reboot loop after the "Almost there" screen.

    :-(

    What's the trick? I was happily running a hacked TiVo on 7.2 until the 9.3.2b upgrade happened - was kinda forced into it because it wouldn't update guide data any more on the old 7.2 system. Sigh ...

  2. #632
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by dossy View Post
    I tried killhdinitrd on the virgin 7.2.2 kernel on my 9.3.2b SA2 TiVo and it's now in a reboot loop after the "Almost there" screen.

    :-(

    What's the trick? I was happily running a hacked TiVo on 7.2 until the 9.3.2b upgrade happened - was kinda forced into it because it wouldn't update guide data any more on the old 7.2 system. Sigh ...
    My guess would be network drivers; try to find the "8.1 and my NIC" thread.
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

  3. #633
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ScanMan View Post
    My guess would be network drivers; try to find the "8.1 and my NIC" thread.
    If it were the network drivers, then if I disconnected my wireless NIC, the TiVo should boot just fine, right? And it should only reboot-loop when the NIC is connected? (Looking for a way to diagnose before I start copying over backport USB drivers ...)

  4. #634
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by dossy View Post
    If it were the network drivers, then if I disconnected my wireless NIC, the TiVo should boot just fine, right? And it should only reboot-loop when the NIC is connected? (Looking for a way to diagnose before I start copying over backport USB drivers ...)
    Yes, that's correct; should boot fine with NIC disconnected. You'll note that many wireless users are employing the monte technique using stock drivers.
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

  5. #635
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2
    I have tried to download the referenced zip and I keep getting a not logged in message what gives?
    I have discovered my mistake so disregard this post. TKS
    Last edited by brobob; 08-06-2009 at 09:13 PM.

  6. #636
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3
    I was wondering, While I was reading trough the killhdinitrd tread, it said that no prom mod is needed to use this. I would like to know if it would work on my following models.

    Tivo Series 2
    Mdl # - TCD540050
    &
    Tivo Series 2
    Toshiba digital media server
    Mdl #- SD-H400

    Just wondering cause the prom mod seems a bit expensive to do or have done.

  7. #637
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    5,601
    Quote Originally Posted by deathpwner View Post
    I was wondering, While I was reading trough the killhdinitrd tread, it said that no prom mod is needed to use this. I would like to know if it would work on my following models.

    Tivo Series 2
    Mdl # - TCD540050
    &
    Tivo Series 2
    Toshiba digital media server
    Mdl #- SD-H400

    Just wondering cause the prom mod seems a bit expensive to do or have done.
    Killhdinitrd was originally developed for the HR10-250 to eliminate the need for a prom change. The TCD540050 was designed to be invulnerable to the killhdinitrd exploit. The only way to hack it is to replace the prom.

    I have no idea about the Toshiba. I would suggest searching for it by model number and seeing what you can find in this forum.

    PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

    "You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

    HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

  8. #638
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15
    Sorry to ask, but I can't seem to get the image to work with a hacked kernel... and it's now in a reboot loop after the "Almost there" screen. These are the commands I used. I tried one, then tried it in the tivo then I tried the other.
    dd if=/usb/vmlinux-series2-7.2.2-oth.k1-01-2.px of=/dev/hdc3
    tpip -k /usb/vmlinux-series2-7.2.2-oth.k1-01-2.px -S 1 /dev/hdc


    I am using this image http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...32#post8707432
    Does anyone know what version that image is?
    and i have a TCD24008A.
    Please help.

    I also ran killhdinitrd on the kernel.
    Last edited by bigguy333; 11-17-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •