okay... I'm a noob again. forgive me. trying to get this working on my hdr10-250. I have read as much as I can and now I'm into the beer so it looks as though my evening is done. Here is my process, if anyone could please enlighten me as to what I may have ommitted/done incorrectly i would be in your debt.
1. backup and test original drive.
2. install killhdinitrd, dialogue suggests succesful install
3. create rc.sysinit.author in /etc/rc.d asuming I need only do this on 1 partition since it is a backup restore (7 in my case). Cannot access the second partion (specify filesystem).
4. write rc.sysinit.author file as follows:
#install usb and ethernet drives for Linksys USB200M
ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.199 broadcast 192.168.0.255 netmask 255.255.255.0
tnlited 23 /bin/bash -login &
5. make rc.sysinit.author executable.
6. create hack dir on Partition 9
7. copy tivoftpd.mips and make executable.
8. reinstall drive and reboot tivo.
No lights on Linksys USB200M, no ping, no telnet. I pulled drive and checked everything out again. It had switched the active partition. Interesting but not sure what to make of that.
I'm a bit lost and a bit tired, as always, any help is greatly appreciated.
Sat T-60 130 HRS 3.5
Tivoweb Plus, MFS FTP, Cachecard, Elseed
HR10-250 80 hrs, killhdinitrd, MFS FTP, Tivoweb Plus