Thread: NowShowing.tcl which works with Toshiba SD-h400

Here is a NowShowing.tcl which works with Toshiba SD-h400

Here is my small contrinution back to this board.

Here is a version of Nowshowing.tcl i edited to make it work with my Toshiba SD-H400 and enables extraction via Tytool.

Do not use this file with any other Tivo.
    Last edited by wen1; 08-13-2004 at 10:07 PM. Reason: clarification

Thanks very much -- I was having exactly the same problem with my Toshiba. Your NowShowing.tcl works like a champ.

It really does pay to search the forums!

Someone (you, even, maybe?) was saying that the getting the timezone changes from version to version (the Toshiba is version 5.1.1b) -- I've already had, in addition to this issue, the problem with tzoffset when starting mfs_ftp. I wonder what else might I run into? (forewarned is forearmed!)

I am trying to keep what amounts to a diary of my Newbie attempts to hack my Toshiba SD-H400 http://thegeek.freeshell.org/tivo/

Toshiba Version

I am trying to update version for toshiba. But I am not able to get that. Can you please tell me how to update version?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ebeighe
    Thanks very much -- I was having exactly the same problem with my Toshiba. Your NowShowing.tcl works like a champ.

It really does pay to search the forums!

Someone (you, even, maybe?) was saying that the getting the timezone changes from version to version (the Toshiba is version 5.1.1b) -- I've already had, in addition to this issue, the problem with tzoffset when starting mfs_ftp. I wonder what else might I run into? (forewarned is forearmed!)

I am trying to keep what amounts to a diary of my Newbie attempts to hack my Toshiba SD-H400 http://thegeek.freeshell.org/tivo/

Quote Originally Posted by netscape
    I am trying to update version for toshiba. But I am not able to get that. Can you please tell me how to update version?

Thanks
    hmmmm. You are going to have to be more specific.
    Did you check out
    what I did to my toshiba ?

Update

I ran Sleeper's ISO to hack my toshiba Tivo. Now I don't know whats my version? I guess kernel version is 2.4.20.

I saw many scripts & utilities mentioning 3.1b, 3.1c & 3.1? , what are those version? software version?

my Software version is 5.1-01-2-264 I am trying to update it to 5.1.1B but I am not able to. I even forced update but it won't take update. Is there something to do with my Western Digital hard drive (120 GB)?

bufferhack

Also did anyone tried increasing buffer time from 30 mins to 1 hour or more? I tried bufferhack 2.3b but its no good for me.

I ran Sleeper's ISO to hack my toshiba Tivo. Now I don't know whats my version? I guess kernel version is 2.4.20.

I saw many scripts & utilities mentioning 3.1b, 3.1c & 3.1? , what are those version? software version?

my Software version is 5.1-01-2-264 I am trying to update it to 5.1.1B but I am not able to. I even forced update but it won't take update. Is there something to do with my Western Digital hard drive (120 GB)?
    Mine is 5.1.1b -- the update came, if i recall correctly, on the second day. In other words the day after i did the inital setup. (which was well before i ever hacked mine)
    This is just a guess: maybe you have to wait to hack until after you have received the update?
    Yes, 3.1b, etc, refers to software versions, that run on other hardware -- from what i gather, all Toshiba SD-H400's are version 5.
    My kernel version is also 2.4.20 but that doesn't seem to come up very often -- not sure why.

Is there any way to hack this toshiba besides physically removing the drive or opening the unit?

I only need to copy a .tcl file for fortec. Not concerned about anything else.

Thanks

I ran Sleeper's ISO to hack my toshiba Tivo. ... my Software version is 5.1-01-2-264 I am trying to update it to 5.1.1B but I am not able to. I even forced update but it won't take update. Is there something to do with my Western Digital hard drive (120 GB)?
    Sleeper's ISO sets "upgradesoftware=false" which prevents the updates from automatically installing. See this thread for suggestions on how to upgrade a system that's been "sleepered".

Quote Originally Posted by abba
    Is there any way to hack this toshiba besides physically removing the drive or opening the unit?

I only need to copy a .tcl file for fortec. Not concerned about anything else.
    No... there's no way in until you physically remove the drive & hack it so as to bypass the security and allow changes like this in the first place.

-psxboy
    TCD652160 TivoHD
    1TB
    11.0n.J1-01-2-652

Toshiba hacked drive won't boot in Tivo

I was able to run through the process and place the new drive in my TIVO.

But now, the Tivo goes through these steps and is stuck in a cycle.

"Welcome. Powering up....."

then some green lines on half the screen and then dotted lines on left of screen and then goes back to

"Welcome. Powering up...."

I have repeated backup restore process twice, but getting the same error.

Any ideas.....

I ran into similar issue. Here is how i solved it. Your issue might be different.

i followed the normal process "sky..." described using "sleepers ISO. to load the backup image.]
    http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showpo...7&postcount=12

But before i booted it up. I cleaned up the rc.sysinit file as described in another post. Link is not handy.

Then it booted up fine. Then i added other stuff i neede to the sysinit file.

Smile

You rock Thank you for this Nowshowing.tcl. I was so frustrated with my sd-h400 and searching forum threads till i finally dug this post up and bada boom its working perfectly.

Just wanted to post a big thanks