Thread: T60 reimage

T60 reimage

Hi Everyone, i have a Sony T60 that has 2.5extreme on it. I cannot find an image of 3.1 so i cannot get my locals. I have decided to start from scratch and hopefully let the tivo get the updates by calling in. I have a directv sub and a tivo sub. i just want to make sure that if i reimage the tivo to it's original state, it wont mess up my subscription. If i reimage the tivo and then put the access card back in, will my sub still work? THanks in advance!

yes, i have read that thread many times. i cannot find a good upgrade image. i have downloaded a couple of upgrade images but they were corrupt. THanks

Unless I misread/misunderstand your question, you want to move from a 2.5.2 xtreme image to a fully unhacked 3.1 image?

If that is correct then going back to a "virgin" unhacked image, calling in should result in eventual upgrade to 3.1.0c2, which of course is unhacked. The DTV sub will not be affected at all. The only potential issue is with the Tivo sub. If it is not a truly legit Tivo originated sub, then DTV (which now handles the subs) may not have the receiver in it's database.

What this means is that when you go to 3.1, they may not automatically send you the Tivo Tier. This should be correctable with a phone call to DTV, but you never know. Might take 6.

If on the other hand you want to move from an xtremed 2.5.2 image to a 3.1 xtremed image, then that thread, and the xpluz tools are for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mjong
    yes, i have read that thread many times. i cannot find a good upgrade image. i have downloaded a couple of upgrade images but they were corrupt. THanks
    Have you tried eMule? I've been hosting a Sony T60 3.1.0c2 backup image for a while now..