Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Superpatch-4all - (Support)

Quote Originally Posted by legion455
    Let's see, today I installed 4.0.1b-2003-xxx on my 2 HDVR2s, ... did all the Hacks, ... then installed the superpatch 4all (NutKase) and then the set_mrv_name_ADH .... and we are now "Cooking with Gas"!!!!!!!

Thanks to NutKase and crew for a great Hack!!!!

Allen
    Great. I'm glad it worked for you... Thanks for the testing.

It seems that .2003 has been inconsistent, so, can you answer the ?'s in post #2?

Don't worry, as soon as I have enough data I'll definitely quit cluttering the thread with these questions/answers.

I assume that your post here was from a different tivo software version, or version of set_mrv_name, or version of superpatch-4all?

I'm just trying to 'pin' things down for a superpatch4all-0.6.x release . Hopefully, this will include the set_mrv_name'ing...

Thanks for you time.

NutKase
    Last edited by NutKase; 09-09-2004 at 11:11 PM.
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    ------------------------------------------------
    2 each, SA S2 287hr 7.2.1a's with Lifetime.
    Hacks: 1 Manually Monte'd -140, Bash,Telnet,FTP,TivoWebPlus,
    Superpatch-67all Unscrambled/HMO,MFS_FTP Ver. N,TyTools, tivoserver
    Fully hacked SA S1

1. Hughes HDVR2
    2. Hughes HDVR2
    3. 4.0.1b.2003.12.02-1731-01-2 (both machines)
    4. not performed
    5. superpatch-4all-NutKase-0.6.1.tcl
    6. set_mrv_name_ADH.tcl
    7. working like a charm

peace
    Allen

PS. my previous post about the delayed "Now Showing" was gotten by running the superpatch version from Sledgehammer.

Quote Originally Posted by legion455
    7. working like a charm
    PS. my previous post about the delayed "Now Showing" was gotten by running the superpatch version from Sledgehammer.
    Thanks for your time. Now we're getting somewhere.

NutKase
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    Fully hacked SA S1

Please Help

I have been trying for hours to get this to work but I'm stuck with the error "No Such File or Directory"

I transfer the file to /var/hack/superpatch using FlashFXP in Binary Transfer Mode
    I chnod 755 the file and the type the file name to get the error no such file or directory....what am I doing wrong

Quote Originally Posted by fsolanes
    I have been trying for hours to get this to work but I'm stuck with the error "No Such File or Directory"

I transfer the file to /var/hack/superpatch using FlashFXP in Binary Transfer Mode
    I chnod 755 the file and the type the file name to get the error no such file or directory....what am I doing wrong
    Based on your question and post #1, I think that you're fairly new.

No problem there, you just need to learn more.

Type pwd,

What directory are you in?

Ensure you're in whatever directory you ftp'd the files to.

if you're not do..

cd /path/to/files

then chmod it.

You could also specify the entire path to the file like:

chmod 755 /var/hack/superpatch

Run it with

cd /var/hack/superpatch

./superpatch-4all-Nutkase-whateverversion.tcl

Post if you have more questions.

NutKase
    Last edited by NutKase; 09-11-2004 at 11:04 AM.
    Fully hacked SA S1

Quote Originally Posted by Haderak
    I am glad you could reproduce the problem. I consistently get it. I just got my second HDVR2 back so can spend some time testing if that would help. Just have to let me know what to do...
    Please try superpatch4all again.

This time ensure you use the alldeadhomiez set_mrv_name I linked to in my release thread.

There've been problems when folks use the 'Sledge-FINAL' one.

Trying to narrow everything down and think I'm almost there.

NutKase
    Last edited by NutKase; 03-05-2006 at 06:16 AM.
    Fully hacked SA S1

Thank you for your quick reply....I managed to get it going. It looks like flash FXP (FTP Client) transfer the file in ASCI even though I set it to binary. I renamed the file to .exe transfer it then removed the .exe and follow your instructions from there. Works grat on my 4.01 however from my reading I gather there is still no patch for my Pioneer 810?

Quote Originally Posted by fsolanes
    Thank you for your quick reply....I managed to get it going. It looks like flash FXP (FTP Client) transfer the file in ASCI even though I set it to binary. I renamed the file to .exe transfer it then removed the .exe and follow your instructions from there. Works grat on my 4.01 however from my reading I gather there is still no patch for my Pioneer 810?
    Funny, I use FlashFXP with no problems.

NutKase
    Fully hacked SA S1

I've spent most of the day messing around with 4.0.1b-02-2-240 on my HDVR2. I think this is the version I'm going to stick with.

I have applied Superpatch .6.1 and parental controls are still on. Here is what I've found:

Tivoapp.original:
    offset: 0058F868 Value: 304200FF

Tivoapp (after superpatch):
    offset: 0058F868 Value: 304200FF

I'm about to manually patch that spot using the value: 30420000

This is the value stated in the tivoapp patches thread to remove parental controls. 30 Second skip seems to be fine.

--

Ok, I just manually patched it and sure enough, parental controls are now off. I also poked through the superpatch file and could not find reference to offset 0058F868 in the array for 4.0.1b.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Dog
    Ok, I just manually patched it and sure enough, parental controls are now off. I also poked through the superpatch file and could not find reference to offset 0058F868 in the array for 4.0.1b.
    Parental Controls wasn't patched with the superpatch4all because it wasn't included. I think the other is some PPV patch.

I think these are 2 patches that DTivo owners use that I may include in the next patch update... IF most people need them.

Keep in mind that I included the 30-second skip because, for me, it's mandatory. I don't have a DTivo so I'm not aware of how 'mandatory' the PPV and PC patches are.

What's your opinion?

NutKase
    Fully hacked SA S1

HMO Gone, need superpatch?

Ok,

So here is my story. I bought a stand alone series 2 and I sleepered my system not knowing any better. Installed noscramble and the mfs_tools. And I was happy.

I had purchased the HMO before I hacked my tivo and I was glad to see that it was still there after hacking. Time went by and Tivo gave away the HMO for free. A week or so ago my music and photo's option dissappeared.

If anyone knows why this happened i'd love to know. Do I need the HMO superpatch? It doesnt seem to want to install since I used the noscramble patch. How do I unload the noscramble2 patch if I need to install the superpatch. Or is there a simpler fix to my lack of HMO.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this.

software version: 4.0.1b-01-2-240
    md5sum: 290023ccffaf5f42d9abe73a3af9cff4 /tvbin/tivoapp
    superpatch 0.6.1 fails with:
    At offset 8618248, expected 0x0320f809 but got 0x3c020000
    Aborting... You need a virgin tivoapp to patch.

Quote Originally Posted by NutKase
    Parental Controls wasn't patched with the superpatch4all because it wasn't included. I think the other is some PPV patch.

I think these are 2 patches that DTivo owners use that I may include in the next patch update... IF most people need them.

Keep in mind that I included the 30-second skip because, for me, it's mandatory. I don't have a DTivo so I'm not aware of how 'mandatory' the PPV and PC patches are.

What's your opinion?

NutKase
    It seems like more DTiVo owners are making the attempt to put 4.0 on their system (myself included). I have experimented with a number of different 4.x versions and on all of them parental controls defaults to "on". You can disable them (Code 0000) but they will revert to "on" after a reboot.

It's not too difficult to patch them manually but if it does not cause any issues with SA boxes, it would be nice to have it taken care of at the same time as everything else.

As for PPV, I'm not sure. I never use it so I've never needed the patch.

Thanks for the help!

Lost Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Dog
    It's not too difficult to patch them manually but if it does not cause any issues with SA boxes, it would be nice to have it taken care of at the same time as everything else.
    I'll check if there are any issues with SA boxes with this applied.

Also, I'm looking for a consensus, so, in order to prevent 'me too' posts can other 4.x DTivo users pm me their thoughts on adding PPV and PC patches to the superpatch-4all.

NutKase
    Fully hacked SA S1

Originally Posted by usa11usa
    Hi, I've done all the step that are needed to get the HMO to install I get no errors and everything says it is ok. I reboot my tivo and look at the system info. it tells me HMO is inactive. what am I doing worng. I have a HDVR2 from Dirctv. software ver says 4.0-01-2-240. can some one help

your reply was to do the followingYes. Go to the developers thread. Apply superpatch-4all.

Also, apply the set_mrv_name.tcl, updated by alldeadhomiez which is linked there.

Then post in the superpatch-4all support thread, answering the questions in post #2, about your success or problems.

We'll be glad to help.

NutKase

did all that and the last step was to
    mount -o remount,ro /

when this is done it comes back with the following statement
    mount: / is busy

is this normal and should i do something. i waited for some time and still came back with the statement. is it ok to reboot the system. i just want this to work so bad..

Quote Originally Posted by usa11usa
    Originally Posted by usa11usa
    Hi, I've done all the step that are needed to get the HMO to install I get no errors and everything says it is ok. I reboot my tivo and look at the system info. it tells me HMO is inactive. what am I doing worng. I have a HDVR2 from Dirctv. software ver says 4.0-01-2-240. can some one help

your reply was to do the followingYes. Go to the developers thread. Apply superpatch-4all.

Also, apply the set_mrv_name.tcl, updated by alldeadhomiez which is linked there.

Then post in the superpatch-4all support thread, answering the questions in post #2, about your success or problems.

We'll be glad to help.

NutKase

did all that and the last step was to
    mount -o remount,ro /

when this is done it comes back with the following statement
    mount: / is busy

is this normal and should i do something. i waited for some time and still came back with the statement. is it ok to reboot the system. i just want this to work so bad..
    That is ok...
    Go ahead and reboot.
    Four Hacked HDVR2's,
    One Still slightly confused Hacker,
    4 dogs, 8 cats, and 1 wife that is happy as long as I don't screw up her TiVo ...... Oh yeah two grandchildren that are the light of my life!