Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Superpatch-4all - (Support)

Quote Originally Posted by juandecaf
    If anyone knows why this happened i'd love to know. Do I need the HMO superpatch? It doesnt seem to want to install since I used the noscramble patch.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this.

software version: 4.0.1b-01-2-240
    md5sum: 290023ccffaf5f42d9abe73a3af9cff4 /tvbin/tivoapp
    superpatch 0.6.1 fails with:
    At offset 8618248, expected 0x0320f809 but got 0x3c020000
    Aborting... You need a virgin tivoapp to patch.
    Tivo provided HMO isn't compatible with unscrambled video sharing. Apply the superpatch4-all again after completing the instructions below and let us know.

You can reverse the noscramble patch back to the original values by running the same type command you used to patch it the first time. Go reread the noscramble application (you can't patch a runnning tivoapp) and switch around the values like was done in this post for the 30-second skip.

NutKase
    Last edited by NutKase; 09-26-2004 at 12:23 PM.
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    ------------------------------------------------
    2 each, SA S2 287hr 7.2.1a's with Lifetime.
    Hacks: 1 Manually Monte'd -140, Bash,Telnet,FTP,TivoWebPlus,
    Superpatch-67all Unscrambled/HMO,MFS_FTP Ver. N,TyTools, tivoserver
    Fully hacked SA S1

IT works

Well thanks for all the help. as far as i can tell it works. now I just need to figure it out. I guess I have to do the same thing on my other tivos in the house. when I do that Were does the now playing list showup. if i'm at my tivo and want to view what is on my moms tivo how do i do that? sorry if this is a stupid question...

Thank You!

Thank you NutKase (and all developers) for the great work!! I thought Tivo was great before....Now it is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by usa11usa
    I guess I have to do the same thing on my other tivos in the house. when I do that Were does the now playing list showup. if i'm at my tivo and want to view what is on my moms tivo how do i do that?
    You're welcome. Yes, when your other tivos are hacked/superpatch4all'd you'll see the other tivo's name (given with set_mrv_name) listed as the bottom entry in the NowShowing list.

NutKase
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    Fully hacked SA S1

Quote Originally Posted by pmn1
    Thank you NutKase (and all developers) for the great work!! I thought Tivo was great before....Now it is amazing.
    Tivo types, version of tivo software and superpatch4all that you used?

Glad you got it working.

NutKase
    Last edited by NutKase; 09-25-2004 at 12:23 PM.
    Fully hacked SA S1

Quote Originally Posted by NutKase
    Tivo types and version of tivo software adn superpatch4all that you used?

Glad you got it working.

NutKase

Tivos: HDVR2 (4.0.1b-02-2-240)
    Patch: superpatch-4all-NutKase-0[1].6.1

Thanks again!!!!

Hi NutKase,

Due to the guide error found in 4.0.1b I settled back to 4.0-01-2-240 for my HDVR2.

I have verified that the Superpatch v 0.6.1 does not contain the 30 second skip for 4.0. The correct entry should be:

Offset: 5339100
    Original: 10400068
    30s value: 14400068

After applying the Superpatch and finding no 30 second skip I manually patched tivoapp with the above values and it worked.

Lost Dog
    I'd rather be a killer than a victim.

Thanks NutKase

OK I sucessfully got superpatch working on my Dtivo.

I will provide all the info as soon as I get it installed on my other Dtivo as well.

I have one question , If I also want to view my recordings on my PC what should I use? I'm confused between all the options ie. Tyshow, Tytools etc.. and which will run with the Suparpatch?

Thanks again

Now Showing - now showing

I've been trying various combinations of scripts and 4.0x images for a few days now. And I kept running into the "Now Showing" problem.

Then today I ran across this entry from blueman2 - part of Hacking your HDVR2 with 4.0.1b image and Sleepers ISO. I tinkered around with my DHCP server and finally my "Now Showing" is showing.

A shortcut solution was to just turn off the IP blocking from my Linksys router.

I'm sure there is still some work here to see if there is a way to allow the HMO part of tivo to connect to Tivo.com - but to avoid getting updates.

I'm going to try transfers tomorrow night.

Let me know if this was already understood and I just missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by jjsmd
    OK I sucessfully got superpatch working on my Dtivo.

I will provide all the info as soon as I get it installed on my other Dtivo as well.

I have one question , If I also want to view my recordings on my PC what should I use? I'm confused between all the options ie. Tyshow, Tytools etc.. and which will run with the Suparpatch?

Thanks again
    Well, it depends on what you want to do. In hopes of not cluttering up this Superpatch thread I'll give you a quick answer but I suggest posting this question in the Newbie's section.

Stream and view from tivo to PC : Tivowebplus, vserver, tyshow.
    Download from tivo, watch on PC : mfs_ftp
    Download from tivo, burn to disk : Tytools

Quote Originally Posted by skinny

A shortcut solution was to just turn off the IP blocking from my Linksys router.

I'm sure there is still some work here to see if there is a way to allow the HMO part of tivo to connect to Tivo.com - but to avoid getting updates.

I'm going to try transfers tomorrow night.

Let me know if this was already understood and I just missed something.
    Why do you want HMO to contact TiVo?

What did the sleeper script do for you? What did it place where and why? Can any of these be contributing to your problem?

The Superpatch simply gave you the HMO functionality. If you see an option for music and pictures, the superpatch did its job. My suggestions...

Turn IP filtering back on.
    If the patch did it's job, ask about this in the thread you mentioned in your post.

Best suggestion.... Monte your system by hand so you learn about what's going on with it...

Lost Dog - understood.

To be clear, I have turned on IP filtering. The work-around mentioned by blueman2 is what I used to correct my problem (for now).

And your right - the script did work (and has been working) for me. The problem I was having was with "Now Showing" and with "Music and Pictures" (served from JavaHMO) being intermitent. This is related to the fact that my tivo is attempting a DNS lookup to DNS servers it could not get to (blocked by IP filtering).

I had turned off IP filtering during testing to see if that changed the behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by skinny
    You shouldn't need to connect to tivo.com with an HDVR2 that's only for SA's that need guide updates.

NutKase
    Fully hacked SA S1

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Dog
    I have verified that the Superpatch v 0.6.1 does not contain the 30 second skip for 4.0. The correct entry should be:
    Yeah, I found that during my testing. I've just not posted an update until everything is pinned down.

Thanks.

NutKase
    Last edited by NutKase; 09-14-2004 at 08:01 PM.
    Fully hacked SA S1

NutKase

First I would like to say thanks for all of your work!

Next - I think there are two points here:

1. I only got the Now Showing to work consistently by allowing my tivo to access a DNS server. I do not currently allow it to access tivo.com.

2. Accessing tivo.com would be helpful as blueman2 mentioned in this posting. "New Music at Best Buy" is something that tivo.com offers. This is not required to get HMO options to work.

My question - is #1 required to get the "Now Showing" problem resolved? Is there some other way to deal with this? I'm looking at putting together a DNS responder that just responds to the DNS request from my tivo instead of requiring access to the external DNS servers. Apparently other people are not having this problem. Did I miss something?

Also, if this is not the appropriate thread for this question just let me know.

Thanks.

[EDIT: Note - I DHCP my tivos. The /etc/resolv.conf file contains the pointer to the DNS servers. In my modified case I have configured the DNS server to be the IP address of the Linksys router. ]
    Last edited by skinny; 09-14-2004 at 11:22 AM.