Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Superpatch-4all - (Support)

Thanks

NutKase you are the man. Thank you, I should have checked that but it has been years since i have used unix. this fixed the problem and am streaming video now. Thank you and everyone involved in this effort.

Just want to do a sanity check. (Still having trouble getting my system to a point where it can run Superpatch-4all)

Is there any assumed non-Tivo software that should be on my system for it to run the Superpatch-4all script? ie. tivowebplus for example?

Or should one just expect this script to just run on a system that has been freshly installed and currently only minimally hacked (only ftp and telnet running).

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Honeydew
    Or should one just expect this script to just run on a system that has been freshly installed and currently only minimally hacked (only ftp and telnet running).
    Nothing is needed but a hacked tivo, any method, although I'm partial to doing it yourself, and a stock tivoapp.

I've never heard of your tivosh issue. You might try a reinstall/hack if you don't have much to lose.

NutKase
    Last edited by NutKase; 12-22-2004 at 07:59 AM. Reason: speling :)
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    ------------------------------------------------
    2 each, SA S2 287hr 7.2.1a's with Lifetime.
    Hacks: 1 Manually Monte'd -140, Bash,Telnet,FTP,TivoWebPlus,
    Superpatch-67all Unscrambled/HMO,MFS_FTP Ver. N,TyTools, tivoserver
    Fully hacked SA S1

Just a shot in the dark...

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Honeydew
    When I try running superpatch-4all-NutKase-0.7.0.tcl on my newly upgraded HDVR2 to 4.0.1b-02 (the image I used to upgrade was Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx.mfs), I get this message:

Tmk Assertion Failure:
    FsAllocateFunction, line 131 ()
    Tmk Fatal Error: Thread tivosh <243> died due to signal -2
    f9c51c 100df1c 100e18c 100e1dc dabe9c dab55c 400c50 108a0b0

Then Tivo reboots
    I'm doing my first HDVR2 4.0.1b install tonight and encountered this same error. I accidentally used the "non-final" patch superpatch401b-FINAL.tcl the first time when it errored. My image from emule was tivo_4.0.1b-02-2-240.mfs

Upon the reboot, and finding the true "Current" version of the patch, I first ran set_mrv_name_ADH.tcl to see if tivosh had problems. It reported "command not found" even though the file was in the current directory. So, I tried again with the full path, and that worked fine.

I then tried /hack/install/superpatch-4all-NutKase-0.7.0.tcl and it ran just fine.

So, my shot in the dark is... try specifying the full path when running the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by chrised
    I'm doing my first HDVR2 4.0.1b install tonight and encountered this same error. I accidentally used the "non-final" patch superpatch401b-FINAL.tcl the first time when it errored. My image from emule was tivo_4.0.1b-02-2-240.mfs

Upon the reboot, and finding the true "Current" version of the patch, I first ran set_mrv_name_ADH.tcl to see if tivosh had problems. It reported "command not found" even though the file was in the current directory. So, I tried again with the full path, and that worked fine.

I then tried /hack/install/superpatch-4all-NutKase-0.7.0.tcl and it ran just fine.

So, my shot in the dark is... try specifying the full path when running the patch.

Your path issue was probably that you didn't include the ./ before the filename as in:

./superpatch-4all-NutKase.0.7.0.tcl

Thanks for the information on using the wrong (FINAL) patch and your tivo software version.

NutKase
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    Fully hacked SA S1

Okay, just need to know

I've read your very informative posts and just have some questions about the superpatch script:

I have a Series 2.5 'Night light' Tivo (TCD540040) that I just bought. I will be getting a regular Series 2 soon (presumably with the 4.01b software on it). Here is what I want to do ... so please tell me if I'll have a problem doing the following:

1) I want MRV to work between the two - and be able to shoot video from the NEWER (only PROM hackable nightlight) to the orig. Series 2 - then be able to extract video from the orig. Series 2 (via ftp, etc.) and burn it to DVD. I believe the following is a definite but I wanted to ask to be sure: Am I going to have problem with encrypted video from the newer nightlight coming to the original Tivo ... and trying to extract that to PC and burn? Surely it stays encrypted ... or does TyStudio let you decrypt it? Forgive this if somewhat noob ... I hacked my original DTivo Series 1 .. but have been out of 'the game' for awhile now. I've been reading religiously for the past week or so trying to determine what to expect.

2) If the above will be a problem (because your patch needs to be run on both) ... then the only way I would get this to work (until they enable the Tivo-to-Go) is to PROM hack my newer unit as well? Have you heard of anyone successfully doing this yet on a nightlight unit? I know it's been talked about but haven't seen postings to it actually being done FOR SURE (because with my luck, what should work in theory probably won't for me )

Thanks in advance,

Dabosman

Quote Originally Posted by Dabosman
    I've read your very informative posts and just have some questions about the superpatch script:

I have a Series 2.5 'Night light' Tivo (TCD540040) that I just bought. I will be getting a regular Series 2 soon (presumably with the 4.01b software on it). Here is what I want to do ... so please tell me if I'll have a problem doing the following:

1) I want MRV to work between the two - and be able to shoot video from the NEWER (only PROM hackable nightlight) to the orig. Series 2 - then be able to extract video from the orig. Series 2 (via ftp, etc.) and burn it to DVD. I believe the following is a definite but I wanted to ask to be sure: Am I going to have problem with encrypted video from the newer nightlight coming to the original Tivo ... and trying to extract that to PC and burn? Surely it stays encrypted ... or does TyStudio let you decrypt it? Forgive this if somewhat noob ... I hacked my original DTivo Series 1 .. but have been out of 'the game' for awhile now. I've been reading religiously for the past week or so trying to determine what to expect.

2) If the above will be a problem (because your patch needs to be run on both) ... then the only way I would get this to work (until they enable the Tivo-to-Go) is to PROM hack my newer unit as well? Have you heard of anyone successfully doing this yet on a nightlight unit? I know it's been talked about but haven't seen postings to it actually being done FOR SURE (because with my luck, what should work in theory probably won't for me )

Thanks in advance,

Dabosman

there is no superpatch for 5.x that is currently available. yes, you must prom mod your silver unit if you want bash, and plenty of people have successfully done that. once you have bash, you can use NoCSO and mfs_ftp or similar tools to extract video. however, until a superpatch type hack or something similar is available, you cant extract but also have tivo enabled HMO.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

1. HDVR2
    2. HDVR2
    3. 4.0.1b-02-2-240 On both
    4. will get soon if needed EDIT: c6b95f083d7e50e7a15ba6d717810cad
    5. 0.7.0
    6. ADH
    7. All seems to work, SYS info says good. BUT MRV doesnt work to well. I get my DVR listed in the Now Playing just fine. But It does not have my name I used "Basement". It has the last four of my IRD S/N or whatever. I can see each DVR from the Other. I have recorded shows and that all is good. I chose them, play them, delete them, like a good ole Tivo. Now when I click on Tivo DVR:E383 it says:

Programs cannot be transferred from the E383 DVR onto the E460 DVR because the E460 DVR is not enabled for transfers.

To change your Multi-Room Viewing permissions, go online to "Manage My Account" at www.tivo.com/manage. Note: You can only transfer to/from DVR's on the same account.

If you continue to see this message, go to Transfer Troubleshooting under Tivo Messages & Setup for further assistance

Press LEFT to return to Now Playing.

So these are DTivo units, not SA. What could cause this?

I have 4.0.1a kernels with killhdinitrd hacks and only telnet and FTP running at the moment.
    Last edited by RavenStL; 11-13-2004 at 03:40 AM.

Ok, I got a good nights sleep.

So I went ahead and re-ran the
    mount -o remount,rw /

./set_mrv_name_ADH.tcl Basement (and Upstairs on other)

mount -o remount,ro /

rebooted.

I also did reboot before trying this.

NOW IT WORKS!

so maybe, I needed a reboot in between your superpatch and then MRV name script? I dunno, but it works!

ok, so I have a killdhinitrd'd HDVR2 running 4.0.1b.2003. It worked fine. I ran the latest superpatch and the set_mrv_name scripts, and got HMO working and it seemed great. However, after running the scripts I can no longer record anything. When ever I try to record, it acts normally but just does not record. In my tverr log, I get this error:

TvCryptoManager[156]: Invalid encryption key

Im running 4.0.1b.2003 with a 4.01a kernel. Any ideas? maybe it has something to do with superpatch's NoCSO patch...

Edit again: I've tried clear and delete...no luck.
    Last edited by mateom199; 11-14-2004 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mateom199
    ok, so I have a killdhinitrd'd HDVR2 running 4.0.1b.2003. It worked fine. I ran the latest superpatch and the set_mrv_name scripts, and got HMO working and it seemed great.
    Don't say 'latest superpatch'.

If you used superpatch-4all you're in the right thread. If you didn't you're not.

If you did use superpatch-4all you need to specify the version exactly, for the reasons I mentioned in my bold comments in the download thread which you should've read.

There were several old superpatch versions around and a couple of guides still point users to them. You'll need to be specific to find help.

NutKase
    Fully hacked SA S1

sorry about that, I'm running superpatch-4all-NutKase-0.7.0.tcl

md5 of original tivoapp:

29dc76ac2f27212f49a3f72c2b72f337

md5 of patched tivoapp:

c6b95f083d7e50e7a15ba6d717810cad
    Last edited by mateom199; 11-14-2004 at 05:36 PM.

Same problem "no such file..."

I am having the same issue. I binary transfer the files using WSFTP, chmod the files, copy the proper virgin tivoapp, but still get this error. I have the correct patch for my 4.0-...230 version. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by NutKase
    Based on your question and post #1, I think that you're fairly new.

No problem there, you just need to learn more.

Type pwd,

What directory are you in?

Ensure you're in whatever directory you ftp'd the files to.

if you're not do..

cd /path/to/files

then chmod it.

You could also specify the entire path to the file like:

chmod 755 /var/hack/superpatch

Run it with

cd /var/hack/superpatch

./superpatch-4all-Nutkase-whateverversion.tcl

Post if you have more questions.

NutKase

Ok, everything was working great till tonight. My DVR's in the Now Playing list lost their names, and I got the same error. I reran the set_mrv_name_ADH again, on both (they both lost it) and its working again.

Any ideas?

If I went into system information on either, the name was gone and said "log in to tivo.com" or whatever. Strange, no reboots, they just poof lost them
    2 HR20-100's with OTA (Thank GOD I didnt get a HR21)
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Sub'd, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    1 HR10-250 with 250 WD and 300 Seagate, fully Hacked
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    Who doesnt have 7 Tivos? and with 5 computers, contain 2 Terabytes of storage medium in their house??
    Thanks to all who makes up DDB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gberlam
    I am having the same issue. I binary transfer the files using WSFTP, chmod the files, copy the proper virgin tivoapp, but still get this error. I have the correct patch for my 4.0-...230 version. Any suggestions?
    Run dos2unix on the file, then chmod it. Then run it.
    There's no place like ~/