Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Superpatch-4all - (Support)

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy_k
    I ran Superpatch on my Philips DSR 708 that I used PTVnet to enable the networking and web all worked fine untill I run Superpatch then after reboot I loose my USB networking support. Does anyone have any ideas on why or how to resolve this.
    I suggest you take it up with PTVupgrade. I hacked my DirecTiVo manually and Superpatch worked well for me. It seems the variable is PTVnet.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Superpatch on 6.2

Quote Originally Posted by jayazusa
    Do you know if anyone has tested this on 6.2 version of the Directivo? Will it work or are there modifications that need to be made?

Thanks,

Jay
    I ran superpatch on a 6.2 HDVR2 and this is what I got. I doesn't appear to have worked. I left everything in so you guys could see what version of superpatch I used, and as I am a newbie, I wasn't sure what all would be important.

Thanks for all the great help that I have read over the past few weeks. Unfortionatly, this appears to be something that the search function couldn't help me find.

bash-2.02# ./superpatch-4all-NutKase-0.7.1.tcl

Superpatch-4All-NutKase-0.7.1
    (C) 8/21/2004 by NutKase - COMMERCIAL USE PROHIBITED

Credit goes to CapablePerson66, rc3105, SledgHammer and others.
    and ESPECIALLY alldeadhomiez for his time and knowledge.

All errors are mine.

Your TiVo Software version is 6.2-01-2-151
    Please write down your TiVo Software version.

Error: Version 6.2-01-2-151 is not supported.

Patching your tivoapp...

can't read "a": no such variable
    while executing
    "array get $a"
    (file "./superpatch-4all-NutKase-0.7.1.tcl" line 237)
    bash-2.02#

Superpatch-4all is only for 4.x (hence the 4 in the name)

Try with Superpatch-67all (it works with 6.x and 7.3 versions)

My bad, thanks

This might be silly but with the newest release/update with R10 support, does it just support prom hacked R10's or all R10's ? I assume just the R10's that have had their prom replaced to allow hacks?

(If I am way off base, forgive me as it was along weekend and it's now Monday!)

R10 support has been on Superpatch for 1+ year now... You need to be able to hack your R10 to even install Superpatch at all.

set_mrv_name_adh.tcl won't stick

When I set the MRV_NAME using the above script my tivo 4.0.1b-02-2-240 runs fine for about a day or two but after say day 2 I get a message on both when I try to watch recordings from the other. The XXXX and YYYY below are reversed depending what Tivo I try to choose recordings from.

"Programs could not be transferred from XXXX (Where xxxx seems to be some odd 4 digit number) DVR onto YYYY (again another 4 digit number) because the XXX DVR is not enabled for transfers.

If I run the set_mrv_name_adh.tcl on both machines, reboot both, everthing is good for a day or two. Then they both get the above message both referring to each other that they can't transfer because they are not enabled for transfers.

Everything else seems to work fine, including hmo.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Are your Tivos SA or DTivos?

If they are SA tivos, you should not use MRV_NAME on them, since you can named them online at tivo.com.

If you're using DTivos, you probably have then configured to make a daily call (throught the phone line or our network). This screws ups the mrv keys. A superpatched TiVo should not call home ever.

They are for S2 Ditect Tivos. I will block the call home with putting in fake route to home and see if that resolves the problem. Both are connected to my network and yes they have default gateway enabled.

Thanks

Set up daily call through phone line. Disconnect phone line. Use fakecall.

Is there any reason on my S2 DirecTiVos that when I try to run this ./superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.1.tcl
    at the bash prompt that it says no file or directory.?
    When I check filezilla the files are there. I have them in the main directory and the ptvupgrade directory and it says the same thing with either one. Even if I try to run it from TiVowebplus it does the same thing.

I read that a superpatched tivo 240xxx (4.x) can't talk to a unpatched 540xxx (7.x) for MRV, due to the non-encryption/encryption. Since patching 540xxx is a big task (PROM), is there an option to tell superpatch to leave encryption on when patching the 240xxx ? Will that make MRV work between the two tivos?

Is there a superpatch that works with 6.2a for S2 Directivos? 6.2a s the version that corrects daylight savings time thing but if I apply it, I fear my tivoapp will become unpatched.

The last superpatch works with 6.2a. Please read previous posts.