Thread: Disable WinXP product activation

Disable WinXP product activation

I have a full legally bought licence for WinXP Pro. However, product activation is still catching me out - since i'm adding and removing drives and memory while i'm hacking about with Tivo I'm having to phone up MS to reactivate XP.

A quick search gives some exe's which supposedly disable activation - are they safe to use? specifically something called wpa_kill.exe/

You are way off of the topic of this forum.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Product Activation is only catching me out because i'm moving stuff back and forth to TiVo - i cant be the only person this has happened to so this seemed a sensible place to ask. Apologies if it's too far OT.

How do people who regularly change parts in their PCs deal with it?

Well, for more reasons than just that, you shouldn't be booting up windows while a tivo hard drive is in your PC. XP has been known to ruin the apple partitions. It has this bad policy of when it sees something it doesn't recognize, it just assumes that it really shouldn't be there.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Considering the lack of Win32-based imaging tools, I fail to see why reconfiguring and/or cracking an XP box would be part of the hacking process.

But this isn't a warez site anyway, so...

-Thread Closed-