Thread: No Daily Calls!

No Daily Calls!

I just bought a RCA DirecTivo and I do not want to make daily calls. I don't want to have a phone line for PPV, I will order throug the web, but do I need it for the Tivo service? How can I get my Tivo service through the air? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zman14
    I just bought a RCA DirecTivo and I do not want to make daily calls. I don't want to have a phone line for PPV, I will order throug the web, but do I need it for the Tivo service? How can I get my Tivo service through the air? Thanks!
    DirecTivos get their guide data from the satelite feed. If you have not hacked the tivo, you will need to do a daily call every 30 days (possibly 15, I forget the exact number). You will also get messages every day reminding you about the call.
    One S2, TCD24004A - 4.0.1b - 120gb; one HDVR2 4.0 - 2x120gb
    Sleeper'd; Monte'd, Bash, Telnet, TivowebPlus, MFS_FTP, TyTool, MRV, HMO with NoScramble.
    One HDVR2 4.0.1b - 200gb (173 hours)
    KillHDinitrd; Monte'd, Bash, Telnet, TivowebPlus, MFS_FTP, TyTool, MRV, HMO with NoScramble; USB 2.0

If you just disconnect your phoneline you'll be fine.. you'll just have to put up with getting the 'need to call in' message every day. As stated earlier all the guide data comes over the dish.. You also will not be able to purchase PPV with the remote (or Sunday Ticket)

can you point me in the right direction to get the hack to stop the daily calls or message?

search for fixsub or nophone

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/search.php?

Quote Originally Posted by slydog75
    If you just disconnect your phoneline you'll be fine.. you'll just have to put up with getting the 'need to call in' message every day. As stated earlier all the guide data comes over the dish.. You also will not be able to purchase PPV with the remote (or Sunday Ticket)

According to DirecTV this is not entirely true. It is true that you can't purchase PPV without a phone line, but Sunday Ticket won't be affected. I will find out for sure in 9 days, as I have no more phone line (day 21 just passed) and I DO have Sunday Ticket. If my Football gets interrupted, things will get....ugly.

according to a friend that works at Direct Tv, they are required to tell you that you have to have a phone line but they don't do anything if there is not one.