Thread: Tools needed for extraction/editing/reinsertion

Tools needed for extraction/editing/reinsertion

Hi, is anyone able to break it down on exactly what tools I need, and what steps I need to take to a show off the tivo, edit it on my PC, then reinsert it back to the tivo. I basically want to edit out the commercials on all my kids shows. I've read a bunch of threads, but I'm just more confused now than ever. I like the idea of the chunkedit process of editing right on the Tivo, but I don't want to be rebooting constantly, and that's if it even works with series2, which from the tystudio crashes I get, i'm thinking it doesn't.

I have a series2 dtivo with sleepers iso ran. have latest tytools and mfs_tools installed and working. Thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by pcsmith
    Hi, is anyone able to break it down on exactly what tools I need, and what steps I need to take to a show off the tivo, edit it on my PC, then reinsert it back to the tivo. I basically want to edit out the commercials on all my kids shows. I've read a bunch of threads, but I'm just more confused now than ever. I like the idea of the chunkedit process of editing right on the Tivo, but I don't want to be rebooting constantly, and that's if it even works with series2, which from the tystudio crashes I get, i'm thinking it doesn't.

I have a series2 dtivo with sleepers iso ran. have latest tytools and mfs_tools installed and working. Thanks for any help!
    I think the only tool that does anything like what you want is rung's chunkedit. Read up on that one if you haven't already. I don't use it, so I can't give you a step-by-step....just a push in the right direction.

ew

Presently THAT is the only way to do what you are asking... Why not just use TyTool and extract edit and burn to DVD?

I've NOT seen any tool or software to re-create a .tmf after editting or even creating one at all on a PC or MAC/Unix machine.
    ~Hi8

(4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

Presently THAT is the only way to do what you are asking... Why not just use TyTool and extract edit and burn to DVD?
    I do that for things I want on DVD's.. but I don't want 5 year olds fussing with the DVD player and DVD's constantly. They know how to use the tivo so I wanted to keep it on there.

I do that for things I want on DVD's.. but I don't want 5 year olds fussing with the DVD player and DVD's constantly. They know how to use the tivo so I wanted to keep it on there.

ahh.. ok. I personally wouldn't let a 5year old touch MY Tivo but that's just me.. But I would let them play with a $49 WalMart special player and a .32cent disc.
    ~Hi8

(4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit