Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hughes dvr40 network troubles

hughes dvr40 network troubles

Im brand new to the tivo hack thing. I did follow the instructions here: http://www.weethet.nl/english/tivo_dtv2_hacksleeper.php

All went pretty well, and the tivo booted back up fine. it sees the new space and seems to work fine except the remote going crazy once after a reboot.

The only problem i have is trying to connect to it. I am using a dlink 650 usb adapter and the pegasus drivers. I set the info to ip: 192.168.1.150 subnetmask: 255.255.2550 gateway to: 192.168.1.1 and the other deal to 192.168.1.255.

I have tryed to ping the ip address but i get nothing. i do get link lights on the usb adapater. I have tried the router reset, (and the wlan adapter it is connected to) I have also connected it to a hub and then connected another system to the hub with the ip address hard set as 192.168.1.151. I still cannot ping the device at all.

Any ideas on what to try here?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whoreable
    it sees the new space and seems to work fine except the remote going crazy once after a reboot.
    Normal

subnetmask: 255.255.2550
    typo?

What software version?

NutKase
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    ------------------------------------------------
    2 each, SA S2 287hr 7.2.1a's with Lifetime.
    Hacks: 1 Manually Monte'd -140, Bash,Telnet,FTP,TivoWebPlus,
    Superpatch-67all Unscrambled/HMO,MFS_FTP Ver. N,TyTools, tivoserver
    Fully hacked SA S1

yea i meant 255.255.255.0

I used the 1.02 (tivoscripts1_02.iso file)

yea i meant 255.255.255.0

I used the 1.02 (tivoscripts1_02.iso file)
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean what .iso version, I meant what tivo software version do you have?

NutKase
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    Fully hacked SA S1

oh, of that I have no idea. Are you talking the tivo software that was on before the hacks? do i get this info fromt eh system information screen?

Yes, the TiVo software version can be found in the "System Information" screen.

I have 3.1.1c-01-2-351

My unit is performing in the exact same manner. I also have the exact same software version.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=37699

so bascially that says that it wont work on our units? Has anyone figured out a way around this?

so bascially that says that it wont work on our units? Has anyone figured out a way around this?
    No, it works fine on your units.

Now, I'm not an expert in all things but what I see is several 'new' tivo hackers confirming they're own observations.

The "the remote going crazy once after a reboot" - is Sleeper, deciding to use 'remote' commands to set 30-second-skip and other things...

Network problems - caused by Sleeper assuming that everyone had the same drivers and needed to install their networks from rc.sysinit.author.

ETC....

NO ONE has gotten to the bottom of anything in this thread and now it's...

"...it wont work on our units? Has anyone figured out a way around this?"

I tried to draw out more info on the problems, symptoms, and tivos involved, but was unable.

Please give more info and we'll try to figure out where to read to find out how to fix what's going on.

NutKase
    Last edited by NutKase; 09-11-2004 at 03:14 PM.
    Fully hacked SA S1

I just upgraded mine with the Sleeper ISO with the same software load and have not had any problems. Yes I have seen the remote go crazy after a reboot but it eventaully cleans itself up. I was told to comment our the skip. I have never got it to work anyway. I was looking out there for a replacement but have had no luck. I just do it myself after a reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by cdma
    I was told to comment our the skip. I have never got it to work anyway. I was looking out there for a replacement but have had no luck.
    The 30-second skip is a tivoapp patch (Search for 'tivoapp patches'). I also included it in superpatch-4all.

NutKase
    Fully hacked SA S1

Sleeper's TivoScripts (peace NutKase, I agree there are newer ways to do it) and 3.1.1c are compatible with Hughes SD-DVR40. I'll let you figure out the issues with the Dlink adapter later.

At the present time, HMO / MRV will NOT work on RID units like the SD-DVR40, DSR704, and others. Go here http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=37136 if you want to help fund an effort to solve the problem.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

fix

here's how you fix your tivo going biszurk. :-)

Just found this out last night... Make a serial cable for the tivo. Honestly, it's not hard at all and it's cheap. I usually complain about stuff, but this wasn't hard to do at all. :-)

Then, logon to the tivo through the serial connection (or telnet into it from the net if it's working). Then, you're going to want to edit etc/rc.d/rc<something>.author. If you do a search in this forum, look for the threads I started (not many at all) and it gives the solution in there. Basically, you want to comment out the last two lines in the file. It's something about sps30 and another command.

After I did that, my crazy tivo went back to normal. :-)

Convert the Tivo serial cable for use with bash

Just an FYI for people looking to make a serial cable...

I found that searching for the specifics for making your own serial cable yields little good info. But there's a cheap & easy solution for those that have the Tivo-supplied serial cable and want to convert it for use with bash. Simply head to Radio Shack & buy a null-modem adapter (DB9 male to DB9 female - Catalog #: 26-264) and a gender-changer (DB9 female to DB9 female - Catalog #: 26-230). Total cost should be about $14. Stick them all together & you've got yourself a cable.

Again, I thought this might serve as a usefull post for those lost in the sea of pin-outs and such.

-psxboy
    TCD652160 TivoHD
    1TB
    11.0n.J1-01-2-652