Thread: New TiVo

New TiVo

Looking to get a new TiVo to do some work on-- was never a big fan of ebay-- can never trust those people-- so i HOPE this is the right place to ask this question. What is a decent TiVo box to buy?? Not looking to spend $900- but looking for a fairly decent TiVo that with some work will work well. Or maybe some info on where I can get a not so decent TiVo that with some work will be a good TiVo. Is there any reliable places that sell decent refurbs for cheap that can be upgraded? Thanks in advance

You might want to check the for sale area.
    I still have a DSR7000 avaliable.
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.

That all depends on what kind of Tivo you're looking for. If you have DirecTV then get yourself a DirecTivo. They're available from Best Buy for only $79.00. Standalone models will cost you more initially and also in the monthly fees that Tivo charges.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video
    That all depends on what kind of Tivo you're looking for. If you have DirecTV then get yourself a DirecTivo. They're available from Best Buy for only $79.00. Standalone models will cost you more initially and also in the monthly fees that Tivo charges.
    Lets remember that almost all units in retail stores are rid units and may not be suitiable for all modifications depending on your desires.
    Ma l'italiano benissimo

Ex-Cantidate John Kerry
    Its not what you want it's what the electorate wants.