Thread: Taboo subject

Taboo subject

I am living in Canada and have become dependant on my Tivo. I have gotten a P5 card subbed and can now watch directv.
    I am unable to record with my HDVR2 running 3.1. I get a screen that says I need to activate my dvr service.
    I am paying for the total choice premier which includes the Tivo functions, but I am unable to have it “phone home” for obvious reasons.
    I need a script or hack that will allow me to have full functions of the Tivo. I know that some of you guys have this Tivo thing figured to the point where it could make you dinner. I would appreciate your help if you wanted to PM me or send a email.

Thanks ahead of time.

To those who want to chastise me…..don’t bother. I am paying for the service and because of my locality I can’t take full use of it.

You have to contact Directv, DVR authorization come from the SAT (not a phone call) and is on the card (not the hard drive). Since you can't use the 800 number you might try setting up your account online and send them an e-mail.

You say you're paying for the service, contact Directv and make them give you what you're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by niagara3400
    I am living in Canada and have become dependant on my Tivo. I have gotten a P5 card subbed and can now watch directv.
    I am unable to record with my HDVR2 running 3.1. I get a screen that says I need to activate my dvr service.
    I am paying for the total choice premier which includes the Tivo functions, but I am unable to have it “phone home” for obvious reasons.
    I need a script or hack that will allow me to have full functions of the Tivo. I know that some of you guys have this Tivo thing figured to the point where it could make you dinner. I would appreciate your help if you wanted to PM me or send a email.

Thanks ahead of time.

To those who want to chastise me…..don’t bother. I am paying for the service and because of my locality I can’t take full use of it.

you do not have the DVR tier on your so-called "subscription".

you need to get that tier activated by DirecTV in order to make your Tivo fucntion correctly.

the not phoning homepart is another subject entirely- but can be solved in software,

You can get the please activate your dvr service nag if the phone line isn't plugged in, it isn't necessarily due to the access card not being programmed correctly. You'll need to use fixsub, aka fakecall.
    Before PMing me: I’m not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

I believe the Total Choice Premiere package includes the DVR service for free, although it is possible the DTV rep never activated it.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Yes, according to directv.com, Premier service includes the DVR monthly fee.