Thread: Linksys USB 2.0 stopped working

Linksys USB 2.0 stopped working

Help. I had everything working perfectly. I was pulling files and burning to DVD's with nor problems. All of a sudden, the USB adapter stopped working. I can't get any lights and I have tried resetting the HR10-250 by both powering down and by resetting the box on the menu screen. Is this something Directv did? Can they deactivate or rewrite codes to disable the USB ports. How do I fix this?

Your Tivo probably took the 3.1.5d update. Go to this link: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...t=37918&page=3

Bob

Did you look to see if you received a software upgrade?

Thanks for the link. After I fix this, should I unplug the phone line or can I leave it in to receive the updates. I didn't realize that keeping the phone line in would do this, but I should have expected it.

It's your choice. I personally don't have the phone line plugged in so I can plan the updates rather than get caught by surprise.

Bob

If I do leave the unit plugged in to the telephone, will I have to go through the hassles of pulling the hard drive and reinstalling the hacks after another software update from Tivo?

Quote Originally Posted by fleagles
    If I do leave the unit plugged in to the telephone, will I have to go through the hassles of pulling the hard drive and reinstalling the hacks after another software update from Tivo?

It will depend on what changes are incoeporated in the update. If there are specific kernel updates, you more than likely will have to reinstall your hacks.

Thanks for your help. Back up and running. I think I'll keep the phone disconnected for now.

Just read thru the thread.

I'm having a similar problem with my DSR-708 also spontaneously stopped
    'net-working' ...

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...4&postcount=14

Rick
    DSR708 all running 6.2

well i see that someone is having the same problem as me. i have noidea waht happend. nothing was changed. it just stopped working. i have a hughes running 6.2 and the network was working for about 1 yr just fine. now it does not. i do have the lights on the network card. i changed the wires and the card and nothing. does anyone have any idea were i can start to look or how to fix it. it does have a static ip set but can not even ping it. i have 4 other exact systems and they all work fine. Help please

i to just saw thread so i posted her too
    5 Hughes Dtivo all running 6.2 and hacked

Quote Originally Posted by usa11usa
    well i see that someone is having the same problem as me. i have noidea waht happend. nothing was changed. it just stopped working. i have a hughes running 6.2 and the network was working for about 1 yr just fine. now it does not. i do have the lights on the network card. i changed the wires and the card and nothing. does anyone have any idea were i can start to look or how to fix it. it does have a static ip set but can not even ping it. i have 4 other exact systems and they all work fine. Help please

i to just saw thread so i posted her too
    ee cummings is dead. It is pointless to immitate him.

Hook up a serial cable and post the results of ifconfig. Also, the kernel log or the serial console output may give information.

LASTLY, did you disable dhcp?

PlainBill

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Quote Originally Posted by PlainBill
    ee cummings is dead. It is pointless to immitate him.

Hook up a serial cable and post the results of ifconfig. Also, the kernel log or the serial console output may give information.

LASTLY, did you disable dhcp?

PlainBill

PlainBill
    i will try this whan i get home tonight.
    5 Hughes Dtivo all running 6.2 and hacked