Thread: TivoWeb 1.94 and TivoWebPlus???

TivoWeb 1.94 and TivoWebPlus???

Hi,

I've got a Philips SA, S1 with all the hacks on it. I had to resurrect it from the dead about 6 months afo and needed InstantCake to get it done. I just (for fun) rebuilt the whole thing again last week and I noticed that I have both TivoWeb 1.94 AND TivoWebPlus on the box. I loaded up Plus and configured it with all my hacks (Hackman, DailyMail, etc) but the 1.94 was apparently part of the PTVUpgrade on the InstantCake CD and it loads by default whenever I reboot my Tivo.

What's the best (cleanest) way to remove the 1.94 TivoWeb? I'm a Linux newbie but I can follow directions and I've gotten much more used to bashing since I started the hacking! I know the basics about the directory and the rc.sysinit file, but where else do I need to account for it? Or is there an easy "make uninstall" for it or something?

Thanks!
    DC

Talking I am having the same issue...

I did a fresh install from Instant Cake and then installed TivoWebPlus. When I access the S1 Tivo from http://192.168.1.XXX I get the old TivoWeb 1.94 tool.

Did you ever find a solution?
    Does anyone else have any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy R
    I did a fresh install from Instant Cake and then installed TivoWebPlus. When I access the S1 Tivo from http://192.168.1.XXX I get the old TivoWeb 1.94 tool.

Did you ever find a solution?
    Does anyone else have any recommendations?
    Delete the old TivoWeb. TiVoWebPlus installs into a different directory.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

31 Thanks PlainBill...

Sorry for the newbie question, but how do I delete the old TivoWeb?

Sorry for the newbie question, but how do I delete the old TivoWeb?
    cd to the directory in which it was installed and delete the files. Hint: Look for files named tivoweb. Compare dates to verify you're dealing with the oldest.

PlainBill

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Hmmm, when I try to delete the files via FTP I get a "read only" file system error. So then I went in via SSH and tried to use the rm command. Same error. I tried to SHMOD the files and get the same error. I used the PTVupgrade Instant Cake CD to setup my Philips Series 1. Any other ideas?

Hmmm, when I try to delete the files via FTP I get a "read only" file system error. So then I went in via SSH and tried to use the rm command. Same error. I tried to SHMOD the files and get the same error. I used the PTVupgrade Instant Cake CD to setup my Philips Series 1. Any other ideas?
    Maybe if you make the file system read/write? Think that would help? Maybe if you try ' mount -o remount,rw / '?

PlainBill

Quote Originally Posted by PlainBill
    Maybe if you make the file system read/write? Think that would help? Maybe if you try ' mount -o remount,rw / '?

PlainBill
    Always a good idea to remind a noob to remount the file system as read only after making changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirak
    Always a good idea to remind a noob to remount the file system as read only after making changes.
    Of course, I've been running my 2 tivos for more than 2 years in rw with no problems whatsoever.

I wish everyone would run in rw so we wouldn't have to keep reminding them to remount rw

NutKase
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    ------------------------------------------------
    2 each, SA S2 287hr 7.2.1a's with Lifetime.
    Hacks: 1 Manually Monte'd -140, Bash,Telnet,FTP,TivoWebPlus,
    Superpatch-67all Unscrambled/HMO,MFS_FTP Ver. N,TyTools, tivoserver
    Fully hacked SA S1

Congratulations on your good fortune.