Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TiVo Images FTP

34 TiVo Images FTP

OK, I've got a FTP up with the necessary goodies to bring TiVo's back from the dead. Right now there is only the T60 image up (thanks dude), but as soon as I get the other CD's I will put them online as well. I also have a 2.5 image from a dTvio that will be going up tonight.

I dont really want this site to be overly public, so I wont post any info in the threads, but rather if you need an Image and I got it I send me a PM and I will send you the URL. (guess only a matter of time till someone re-distribute )

images

check my other posts. When allot of people request it you can email them a link and have them download it. Site is good for 400k+ check my other posts for the link.

Talking link

for those that want to send large files via email to someone I found this http://icl.cs.utk.edu/ibp/mail/. It works damn well and you dont need a client to send just go to http://icl.cs.utk.edu/ibp/mail/mailformindex.html.

Thing is, most email servers dont accept emails that big, so you can send all you want, Sendmail on the other end will bounce it back. The files arent that big, most are under 300megs, so for now, the FTP will have to do.

Hope the ppl who has already gotten it found it useful

Wrong BuckO...

They can get it!

A matter of fact, they can get it up to ten days after it is sent.

What really happens is the uploaded file actually resides on a storage device that has a well support WAN connection.

What is really sent is a script to pull the file.

Works real well.

my bad

Thanks for the update...thats cool as hell, so the file never really gets sent, just a script with a link. I can dig it.

OK, I finally got the darn T60 image downloaded, and I guess I was in the mood for tinkering as I setup a complete FTP area with a bunch of the other nice utils like TBD and MFStools as well.

So if you need any of the utils, or the T60 image, your welcome to pop on in and get a copy of it. I will not do anything to lock down or secure this site as I really don't have the time to hand out passwords to each and every person. If somone has a bitch that I put their software on the site, then I'll remove it.. :-)

Hopefully people will find it a useful little stash for some of the nice TiVo utilities that are available. Site is limited to 100 anonymous connections, so hopefully people won't overrun it..

Anyway here is the URL, and if you have anything good to contribute then just place it in the /incoming directory and let me know.

TiVo Utilities FTP Archive

Enjoy...

THANKS!!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your time/ftp site. It saved me a lot of time!!!!! The virgin backup is a good thing to have...
    snOOc

THANKS!!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your time/ftp site. It saved me a lot of time!!!!! The virgin backup is a good thing to have...
    snOOc

Re: THANKS!!

Originally posted by snOOc
    Your most welcome..

-CD

Question Phillips_DSR6000_2.0.1 on FTP Site

Has anyone got this image to restore?? Phillips_DSR6000_2.0.1. I got it from the above ftp site, but cannot for the life of me get this darn thing to restore. I have images of my Phillips at 2.00 and 2.5, but really want 2.01 so I can hack it, and have the faster menus.

I get an error about compression failed. I have tried the restore on several machines to several drives with no luck. I'd just like to know if anyone has it working and has verified that it is 2.0.1.

If anyone has another image of 2.0.1, please let me know at esfb8zs@hotmail.com. :-)

Also, I VERY much appreciate the site. I now have a backup for my old standalone Tivo that I never backed up!!

Many Thanks
    esf

Bad Images

I've been beefing about the same thing for some time now, and it seems NO ONE was listeing. I have found 2 verified bad images on the site, the T60 2.01 and the DSR6000. Both images get to around 98 - 99% then fails with decompression errors. I'll give you a breakdown as to what happends.

With the bad T60 image...your tivo will boot, but once you hit the tivo button, or try to go to the TiVo main menu...your system will reboot. If you cant get to "Now Playing" then what good is your tivo.

With the Bad DSR6000, you stand a much better chance. You can get into tivo menu and do most everything, the glitch with this bad image is that your system will reboot if you try to change/setup "Channels you receive" or your Favorite Channels, sounds good right, since by default dtivo just gives you all channels if you recieve them or not..but let me tell you it sux, since there is like 15 channels of blackness between showtime and 596.

Can someone please upload verified images, and preferbly ones that has been sfv checked? I've got a Hughes dtivo, but I didnt use compression when backing it up, so my image is 1.3gigs, I am currently trying to compress it with winrar, if it works out, I will upload my image to the site...THE IMAGE WORKS, but so far its the only image I have been successully able to restore. I've tried redownloading the image twice, from 2 different sites (ie. you know I run a mirror of CyberDude's site, to kinda stagger his load right?). But anyway, I am lobbying for images that work....if you have a backup of your system that you KNOW work, please sfv check it and upload...I am more than willing to help anyone who is unfamiluar with how to create an image with checksum.

Update: My Hughes compressed to 98megs, I will upload it on monday, I am limited to only 56k at home.
    Last edited by kspades; 10-07-2001 at 12:42 PM.

Hey, thanks for pointing that out, I'll get the bad images removed as I never actually tried to install and run them. Not willing to tear my Dtivo apart to test the uploads.

Anyway I have a T60, and in fact just bought a DSR6000, and made mfstools backups, so I'll see about getting them uploaded in place of the bad images..

I'll look into it as soon as I get a few free moments..

Hughes Image

For those who neeed it, I've uploaded my Hughes Image to my site, it has be tried tested and proven (also sfv checked) to work. Should also work with Phillips DSR6000, you just wont get that start-up Philips logo.
    Please read the nfo

ftp to hotbox69
    tivo/tivo

(let da leeching begin)

PS: Cyberdude: My site is really just a mirror of yours, please run the Hughes image to your box, so we stagger the load.

Re: Hughes Image

Originally posted by kspades
    For those who neeed it, I've uploaded my Hughes Image to my site, it has be tried tested and proven (also sfv checked) to work. Should also work with Phillips DSR6000, you just wont get that start-up Philips logo.
    Please read the nfo

ftp to hotbox69
    tivo/tivo

(let da leeching begin)

PS: Cyberdude: My site is really just a mirror of yours, please run the Hughes image to your box, so we stagger the load.

Hotbox69?? That's not a valid internet address..