View Poll Results: Are you interested in AccTivo?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, I'd check it out.

82 89.13%
  • No, don't need this add-on for my eTivo.

1 1.09%
  • I don't use eTivo.

9 9.78%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New: AccTivo - Sync / Reporting tool for eTivo users

New: AccTivo - Sync / Reporting tool for eTivo users

http://isamrad.com/acctivo/

Originally made for my girlfriend and I, it's an app that syncs finished eTivo shows to a folder (like laptop or some device). It also has some reporting features and managment tools for eTivo. Check out the detail here: http://isamrad.com/acctivo/ ...

I'm currently looking for some people to test it out before I release it to the masses (ensure some quality ). Also, I'm using this to gauge how many people might be interested in something like this. It'll help me decide how much more time to spend on it. Please PM me, shoot me a email, or reply to this thread. Thanks!

Screen shots:

UPDATE 11/13/04: Looks like the latest build has a bunch of the kinks worked out of it so everyone should feel free to install it: http://www.isamrad.com/acctivo/setup
    Last edited by samrad; 11-13-2004 at 10:27 PM.

Sweet

Great, i should be wrapping up and creating the msi before halloween ... not sure how much free time I'll have, could be a lot earlier. Then I'll shoot you guys (plus some others who responded by email) a link to the setup.

Thanks!

Oops

<edit by mrb51: me too posts removed>

If you want in on the beta just Email me and don't reply here. I think I had a HD crash on my eTivo share so it has set me back a bit, but the app is almost good to go. Stay tuned!

UDPATE: no HD crash, chkdsk fixed some things and I'm good to go
    Last edited by mrblack51; 11-01-2004 at 07:48 PM.

Beta Build 01

Thanks to all those who want to participate in the beta! I've gotten a good amount of responses.

The first build was relelased today (Build 01). If you didn't get a link or want to join the beta then plz email me (samrad@isamrad.com).

Beta Feedback

Just a few quick notes on the setup process:

1. The setup page says click install to install or save for installation on another computer - it didn't give me the chance to save, which i would have much prefered to do, as I plan to install on 2 machines.

2. Almost at the end of seting up, I got the following error:

MDAC 2.8 RTM
    Microsoft

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue Description:

MDAC 2.8 RTM is incompatible with this version of Windows. All of its features are currently part of Windows.

Contact Information:

Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com
    Telephone: (425) 635-7172 (U.S.) or (905) 568-3503 (Canada)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Note:This information is subject to change.
    2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of use.

FWIW, I have XP Pro with SP2.

I haven't yet launched the app, I'll let you know, when I have...
    Regards,

Ian

Darn.

Just read the FAQ.....
    Regards,

Ian

Okay, running it now.

First thoughts are:

It tells me about the path not being valid - fair enough

Sync shows - it appears to be doing something, but I get a message box:
    AccTiVo Telnet - RunTime Error 94 - "Invalid use of Null".

It then counts through the Shows on TiVo, and displays a message above the bar "Removing local Shows" - that makes me a little nervous.

The blue bar I thought was a progress bar, and the counter was counting the number of shows. I'm now guessing that isn't the case - or if it is, it's broken. It may be related to the error, when I clicked the OK button, the sync window (which had counted to 741 disappeared.

I go back to Now playing, and am told there are no shows.
    Try to sync again - same error.

Okay. My Bad - I hadn't set the ip of the eTiVo service in options - now it's synced OK

I'll give it a spin and report back...
    Regards,

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by solidtechie
    Darn.

Just read the FAQ.....
    yeah the mdac and other install things are in the faq

Okay, running it now.

First thoughts are:

It tells me about the path not being valid - fair enough

Sync shows - it appears to be doing something, but I get a message box:
    AccTiVo Telnet - RunTime Error 94 - "Invalid use of Null".

It then counts through the Shows on TiVo, and displays a message above the bar "Removing local Shows" - that makes me a little nervous.

The blue bar I thought was a progress bar, and the counter was counting the number of shows. I'm now guessing that isn't the case - or if it is, it's broken. It may be related to the error, when I clicked the OK button, the sync window (which had counted to 741 disappeared.

I go back to Now playing, and am told there are no shows.
    Try to sync again - same error.

Okay. My Bad - I hadn't set the ip of the eTiVo service in options - now it's synced OK

I'll give it a spin and report back...
    Yeah eTivo connection properties need to be setup before it can sync (so it knows where to go). The progress bar not working is a bug, I'll add it to the bug page. Counter is counting the seconds it takes to transfer the file, might not be that useful but lets you know something is going on.

I'll also have to give a better error message when the sync fails.

I've been trying to load AccTiVo on my laptop. It's not working - I get the following message after having installed the ActiveX control:

Setup cannot run from this Web page. Verify you have the correct browser security settings, click Refresh, and select Yes when asked to install the InstallShield Wizard.
    I have checked the security settings, but, unhelpfully, the error doesn't tell me which setting (if any) is incorrect.

There are several COM+ errors in the eventlog, such as:
    The COM+ Event System failed to create an instance of the subscriber partition:{41E90F3E-56C1-4633-81C3-6E8BAC8BDD70}!new:{D3938AB0-5B9D-11D1-8DD2-00AA004ABD5E}. CoGetObject returned HRESULT 800706BA.
    and
    The COM+ Event System attempted to fire the EventObjectChange::ChangedSubscription event but received a bad return code. HRESULT was 80040201.
    HTH...
    Regards,

Ian

web install problems

Sounds like the installshield com object doesn't want to install on your laptop for some reason. I created a downloadable version of the setup and added a link to it on step 3 of the acctivo setup page, unzip it and open folder disk1 and run setup.exe from there. hopefully that will work!

Well, I've downloaded the zip file, extracted and installed, apparently without error.

When I run it (first time) I get:

A Problem occurred while AccTiVo was communicating with the OLS server or ActiveX control.

Close the OLE server and restart it outside of AccTiVo. Then try the original operation again in AccTiVo
    I click OK a few times, and the dialog represents - after half a dozen or so, the AccTiVo child window appears inside the parent, followed by a message:
    Microsoft Office Access: Cannot hide Access unless a form is on screen
    I dismiss this, and it reverts to the previous message - in an apparently unending loop. I have to kill it in Task Manager to recover...

So sorry to be the first to break it!
    Regards,

Ian

A couple more minor problems for you:

Attached are a couple of screnshots from my Laptop using large fonts - you will see that all the text doesn't line up. Easily cured by reverting to small fonts, but I thought you ought to know.

Also, if you right click, but don't select an item from the menu, the menu remains on screen indefinately. Most Right click menu's disappear when you click away.
    Regards,

Ian

Well, I've downloaded the zip file, extracted and installed, apparently without error.

When I run it (first time) I get:

I click OK a few times, and the dialog represents - after half a dozen or so, the AccTiVo child window appears inside the parent, followed by a message:

I dismiss this, and it reverts to the previous message - in an apparently unending loop. I have to kill it in Task Manager to recover...

So sorry to be the first to break it!
    Humm sounds like this could be a timing issue. what's the speed and OS of the laptop. Shoot me your email to so i can give you a modified AccTivo to help figure out the problem.

A couple more minor problems for you:

Attached are a couple of screnshots from my Laptop using large fonts - you will see that all the text doesn't line up. Easily cured by reverting to small fonts, but I thought you ought to know.

Also, if you right click, but don't select an item from the menu, the menu remains on screen indefinately. Most Right click menu's disappear when you click away.
    I added these 2 issues as bugs on the setup page