View Poll Results: Are you interested in AccTivo?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, I'd check it out.

82 89.13%
  • No, don't need this add-on for my eTivo.

1 1.09%
  • I don't use eTivo.

9 9.78%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New: AccTivo - Sync / Reporting tool for eTivo users

Quote Originally Posted by sanderton
    I entered it by clicking the "browse" button and double clicking on the folder, so I presume it's right!

Like the poster abover, the checking home network button stays orange.

Thought - I have several hundred encoded shows, and if I telnet in to ETiVo and type "list" it's quite a while before anything happens - coudl it just be timing out?
    Hmm..

When you say "list" - do you mean "lr"? I seem to recall EtiVo using list to fetch the not-encoded shows on your TiVo and "lr" listing the ready shows. I may be wrong though, I have a terrible memory.

If lr is taking a long time, then I would be interested - on Telnet running lr should respond near-instantanious. What computer are you using as your EtiVo machine?

(Just to be clear, "list" can take some time, depending on various factors)
    EtiVo - PC based archiving and catalog service over TiVo - http://prish.com/etivo
    EtiVo now works on non-hacked TiVos too!!
    Join the EtiVo forums in http://active.prish.com/prishforum

I entered it by clicking the "browse" button and double clicking on the folder, so I presume it's right!

Like the poster abover, the checking home network button stays orange.

Thought - I have several hundred encoded shows, and if I telnet in to ETiVo and type "list" it's quite a while before anything happens - coudl it just be timing out?
    it shouldn't be timing out, though for 1700 shows it takes 1.5-2.5 minutes to fetch all the xml from eTivo (from my tests on some other persons machine over the internet).

Some more questions for you and he244:
    in your acctivo folder do you see a input.xml and a transformed.xml?
    can you zip both and send it to me?

Here you are.

If I use your browse button to navigate to the folder I want to use it gives the error message "The new path was saved, but doesn't appear to be a valid path".
    Stuart

Newbies - see if your questions are answered here Experts - can you add to the knowledge stored here? Developers - are your hacks listed here?

SP2 Firewall

Not sure if anyone else had this problem, but I had some trouble with XP SP2's firewall. Make sure you can telnet to port 6969 from your laptap ("telnet servername 6969"). If not, try turning off the firewall on the server and repeating. I found that I had to delete the etivosrv.exe exception and re-add it to get the telnet to work with the firewall on.

Here you are.

If I use your browse button to navigate to the folder I want to use it gives the error message "The new path was saved, but doesn't appear to be a valid path".
    thanks! I think i found the problem. Can you try replacing your client_be.mdb with this one (attached) and try to sync again? I'll add this fix to the website tonight, assuming it works.

Quote Originally Posted by rung
    Not sure if anyone else had this problem, but I had some trouble with XP SP2's firewall. Make sure you can telnet to port 6969 from your laptap ("telnet servername 6969"). If not, try turning off the firewall on the server and repeating. I found that I had to delete the etivosrv.exe exception and re-add it to get the telnet to work with the firewall on.
    Great point rung, i use a telnet session to communicate with etivo so having access to the port is importaint.

AccTivo BETA BUILD 03

The builds are solid enough (just after 3!) for everyone to install. Special thanks to everyone who contributed! Install it at: http://www.isamrad.com/acctivo/setup

questions / comments? reply to this thread or email me: samrad@isamrad.com

I'll continue to update and fix bugs.

Thanks!
    -sam

New view next build

I had some "extra" time this weekend and added a calendar view that will be in the next build.

Figured I'd post it:

Clicking on a day will bring up the shows for that day and you can act on it (sync, delete, play, ect...). There are some filters at the bottom of the calendar that change how the calendar populates.

Hope everyone likes it!

Quote Originally Posted by samrad
    I had some "extra" time this weekend and added a calendar view that will be in the next build.

Figured I'd post it:

Clicking on a day will bring up the shows for that day and you can act on it (sync, delete, play, ect...). There are some filters at the bottom of the calendar that change how the calendar populates.

Hope everyone likes it!
    That would be a YES !!!!!

AutoSync problems.

No matter what I try, I can't seem to get the autosync feature to work. If I click on the syncnow button it syncs up and pulls the shows with no problems.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by badgerbalm
    AutoSync problems.

No matter what I try, I can't seem to get the autosync feature to work. If I click on the syncnow button it syncs up and pulls the shows with no problems.

Any ideas?
    Looks like it is setup correctly. Couple questions/comments:

- Ensure that the icon is in the system tray when 1:00 AM rolls around (obvious but just making sure)
    - In the morning is the AccTivo ui loaded?
    - Does it look like it tried to sync (opened to the sync tab, new shows are listed in now playing)?
    - What are your system's regional settings?
    - Do you leave the AccTivo ui window up, or close it? Either should be fine, but just want to help narrow down the cause.

- Ensure that the icon is in the system tray when 1:00 AM rolls around (obvious but just making sure)
    Yes the icon is sitting in the tray, and task manager show the process running as well.

- In the morning is the AccTivo ui loaded?
    If you mean can I click on the icon in the tray and the UI opens up, then yes

- Does it look like it tried to sync (opened to the sync tab, new shows are listed in now playing)?
    No new shows are listed

- What are your system's regional settings?
    Regional settings on my WinXP SP2 box is United States/ English

- Do you leave the AccTivo ui window up, or close it? Either should be fine, but just want to help narrow down the cause.
    I close the UI window and double then reopen it by using the icon in the tray
    Last edited by badgerbalm; 11-19-2004 at 03:27 PM.

CPU consumption

While AccTivo is running and synchronizing shows from the server, msaccess.exe (2003) runs at 100% CPU. Is this normal? I am sync'ing 174 shows. Just wondered because it is heating up my laptop pretty bad.

latest build, just downloaded tonight, latest Etivo, fyi.

Also, that calendar screenshot above looks damn cool.

badgerbalm
    I'm gonna post a new AccTivo for you that will dispay some additional information that will hopefully help identify the problem. Just have to alter the code, hopefully soon. regular work getting in the way

Notluf
    I'll have to investigate, the copy of a large file over the network does demand some extra power (hd would be working overtime) but I'm not sure why msaccess.exe is running at 100%... In the mean time I added it as a bug to the website.

I just reinstalled AccTivo 2 days ago and everytime I go to open the program I get the following prompt.