Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus v1.1 Development and Testing

(DEPRECATED) TivoWebPlus v1.1 Development and Testing

TivoWebPlus * TiVoWeb with a kick!
    =======================================

Welcome to the TivoWebPlus v1.1 Development and Testing thread. If you are interested in helping with development or wish to test the latest version of TWP and provide detailed information regarding any bugs you may find, then you're in the right place. If you just need help with something, please visit the Official TWP web site and read the FAQ. If you still have a problem, please post in the TWP Support thread instead of this one.

Official website: http://tivowebplus.sourceforge.net/
    FAQ: http://tivowebplus.sourceforge.net/faq.html
    TWP Support thread: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=38725

Last 1.1 release: 1.1-pre2
    Release timestamp: October 23, 2004 @ 1:30pm CDT

Please use the TivoWebPlus 1.2 development thread for further development:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...574#post231574
    Last edited by falcontx; 08-06-2005 at 03:08 PM.

WHAT DO I DO IF I FIND A BUG?

Check the FAQ, which can be found here: http://tivowebplus.sourceforge.net/faq.html

Try a "Full Reload" from TivoWeb's "Restart" menu item.

If you still get the error, "Quit" TivoWeb (again, using the "Restart" menu item in TivoWeb), then start it again.

If the error still occurs, try restarting the TiVo (using the TiVo's Restart command found in the Settings menu, or the equivalent shell command, restart).

If you still get the same problem, try searching for the error you are receiving in this thread or in the DealDatabase forum as a whole.

If you find that the problem has not been previously addressed, do the following:

HOW DO I SUBMIT A BUG REPORT?

If you happen to discover a bug or have a problem with TivoWebPlus, there are certain things that we need to know in order to properly diagnose your problem. So, when reporting a bug or a problem, please provide the following information:

-- TiVo model number (i.e. HDVR2, SAT-T60)
    -- TiVo software version (i.e. 2.5.5, 3.1.1b, 4.0)
    -- TiVoWebPlus version
    -- method used to hack the TiVo
    -- contents of /var/log/tivoweb.log (if it contains any error messages)
    -- detailed description of the problem (error messages are helpful)
    -- steps we should take to duplicate your problem (i.e. which screen you're on and what button you're clicking)
    -- did you test with any other versions or was this working on a previous version? if so, which version?

Failure to provide the above information will most likely result in your problem not being fixed.
    Last edited by falcontx; 08-07-2005 at 02:48 AM.

reserved for future content

Throg Guest

Logos module

By looking at tivoweb.log after installing 1.1 pre-2, I noticed:
    -initializing logo index
    -initializing channel table
    -initializing channel table; attempt 2
    -initializing channel table; attempt 3
    -error initializing channel table; aborted
    -initializing genre table
    -initializing now showing cache
    -initializing season pass cache
    Does this mean that someone is actually putting in some effort to get this great module working with all flavors of TiVo? That's how it appears to me and if I'm right, THANKS! I hope to see the icons in TiVo Now Playing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Throg

Does this mean that someone is actually putting in some effort to get this great module working with all flavors of TiVo? That's how it appears to me and if I'm right, THANKS! I hope to see the icons in TiVo Now Playing again.
    Actually, that's just the new code I added to the index to hopefully prevent unset tables/indexes or at least help explain errors. For instance, in your case, the channel table never got initialized properly, which means you would probably get errors while performing various tasks in TWP. I don't have a 4.x TiVo, so I haven't looked at updating the logos module/routines.

Throg Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by falcontx
    For instance, in your case, the channel table never got initialized properly, which means you would probably get errors while performing various tasks in TWP.
    Well, shoot! That's not good news. But I'm not experiencing any noticeable problems with any aspect of TivoWebPlus. Is there something specific I could try to test your theory?

Well, shoot! That's not good news. But I'm not experiencing any noticeable problems with any aspect of TivoWebPlus. Is there something specific I could try to test your theory?
    Actually, I just realized something. One thing it checks for is the agp channel table, which only exists on DirecTiVos. I'll fix that for the next version. If you want to do some testing, edit line 693 of index.itcl and remove "![info exists channeltableapgchannel]" from the if statement and then do a full reload and check your tivoweb.log again. Optimally, there shouldnt be any retry attempts when loading the index module.

Throg Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by falcontx
    Actually, I just realized something. One thing it checks for is the agp channel table, which only exists on DirecTiVos. I'll fix that for the next version. If you want to do some testing, edit line 693 of index.itcl and remove "![info exists channeltableapgchannel]" from the if statement and then do a full reload and check your tivoweb.log again. Optimally, there shouldnt be any retry attempts when loading the index module.
    index
    -initializing logo index

Still, it's not as good as having the logos modules. I saw the word logo and got all excited. Anyway, in the end, I pointed out a fix, eh?

index
    -initializing logo index

Still, it's not as good as having the logos modules.
    logos changed significantly in 4.x and higher. basically, twp needs to start dealing with the tuikres stuff. its a non trivial change, and nobody has stepped up yet.
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

Recording History Filtering

I appologize if this is the wrong thread for a feature request.

I've found Lenroc's modification of ui.itcl

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=165892

very useful. I'd even forgotten it wasn't part of the official 1.0 until I started testing 1.1. Since its a change to ui.itcl not a new module, I'd like to pitch that it be integrated into 1.1.

I found the same retry errors as throg and was pleased to see them disappear with the suggested edit.

I tested this with the latest hackman version (2.0.6) and had no trouble with it.

You're welcome to include hackman in the distro, if you'd like. There are just a couple of small things I'd like to improve before the next major TivoWebPlus release.

When I do that in the next week or so, I'll call it hackman version 2.1.0
    Last edited by PortlandPaw; 10-25-2004 at 03:35 PM.
    David R. Hill............... TivoWeb Hack Manager
    Chebeague Island........From the land of champions:
    Casco Bay..................The Boston Red Sox
    Maine........................The New England Patriots
    58.5 gig HDR-112 since October, 2000
    240 gig, 306 hours since January, 2004 (same machine)
    120 gig DSR6000 DirecTiVo

"There are 10 kinds of people -- those who count in binary and those who don't."

Not sure if it will work for your particular config, but the Logos module in TWP 1.0 started working for me again (and logos returned to my NP screen) after I applied the slice discussed here. (I realize this may be totally unrelated to the topic at hand, but maybe not, and I am just trying to help.)

Looking forward to checking out the new TWP 1.1 and thanks to all the contributors for their great work. TWP is still the grandaddy of all TiVo hacks, and the reason I cracked the case in the first place.

I'm running 1.1pre2 on a 10-250 with 3.1.5e

When I search, results are shown for all channels, whether they are on my "channels I receive" list or not. It looks like the "watch" variable is used to indicate that preference.

But "watch" is passed into get_programshowings (in index.ictl) where it isn't even used.

Quote Originally Posted by tivoq
    I appologize if this is the wrong thread for a feature request.

I've found Lenroc's modification of ui.itcl

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=165892

very useful. I'd even forgotten it wasn't part of the official 1.0 until I started testing 1.1. Since its a change to ui.itcl not a new module, I'd like to pitch that it be integrated into 1.1.
    im incorporating it now, it will be up on sf cvs soon

Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Not sure if it will work for your particular config, but the Logos module in TWP 1.0 started working for me again (and logos returned to my NP screen) after I applied the slice discussed here. (I realize this may be totally unrelated to the topic at hand, but maybe not, and I am just trying to help.)

Looking forward to checking out the new TWP 1.1 and thanks to all the contributors for their great work. TWP is still the grandaddy of all TiVo hacks, and the reason I cracked the case in the first place.
    that only works because you are putting logos on the unit in a place where they are not going to be used by the 4.x+ software, but in the old place. it will make the tivoweb module see logos, but it doesnt fix the issue