Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus Support

TivoWebPlus Support

TivoWebPlus * TiVoWeb with a kick!
    =======================================

Welcome to the TivoWebPlus support thread. If you have any problems with TWP, you may post them here. Please do not ask for help until after you have read the FAQ, which you can find on the official TWP website.

Official website: http://tivowebplus.sourceforge.net/
    FAQ: http://tivowebplus.sourceforge.net/faq.html

Installation instructions are located in the README file, which can be found on the website or in the zip file.
    Last edited by falcontx; 08-06-2005 at 03:55 PM.

WHAT DO I DO IF I FIND A BUG?

Check the FAQ, which can be found here: http://tivowebplus.sourceforge.net/faq.html

Try a "Full Reload" from TivoWeb's "Restart" menu item.

If you still get the error, "Quit" TivoWeb (again, using the "Restart" menu item in TivoWeb), then start it again.

If the error still occurs, try restarting the TiVo (using the TiVo's Restart command found in the Settings menu, or the equivalent shell command, restart).

If you still get the same problem, try searching for the error you are receiving in this thread or in the DealDatabase forum as a whole.

If you find that the problem has not been previously addressed, do the following:

HOW DO I SUBMIT A BUG REPORT?

If you happen to discover a bug or have a problem with TivoWebPlus, there are certain things that we need to know in order to properly diagnose your problem. So, when reporting a bug or a problem, please provide the following information:

-- TiVo model number (i.e. HDVR2, SAT-T60)
    -- TiVo software version (i.e. 2.5.5, 3.1.1b, 4.0)
    -- TiVoWebPlus version
    -- method used to hack the TiVo
    -- contents of /var/log/tivoweb.log (if it contains any error messages)
    -- detailed description of the problem (error messages are helpful)
    -- steps we should take to duplicate your problem (i.e. which screen you're on and what button you're clicking)
    -- did you test with any other versions or was this working on a previous version? if so, which version?

Failure to provide the above information will most likely result in your problem not being fixed.
    Last edited by falcontx; 08-06-2005 at 03:56 PM.

reserved for future use

Is there a command via bash that will restart / reload Tivowebplus?

HUGE

Quote Originally Posted by HUGE
    Is there a command via bash that will restart / reload Tivowebplus?

HUGE
    the following should shutdown tivoweb if it is running

wget http://127.0.0.1/quit

the following should restart tivoweb if it is running

wget http://127.0.0.1/restart/0
    Step one: search button!
    Silly Wabbit, guides are for kids

I am running 4.0.1b and tivowebplus v1.0. I downloaded an updated webremote file and the sendkey file from musclenerd. Thanks all for those.

My first problem is when I click on Live tv it does not switch tuners, it brings up the guide? Is this a known problem? Can I hook up the serial and see anything? If so I can pull it out of the entertainment center and plug it in or whatever you need.

second, if I hit the Directv button, go to now showing, as I scroll down the now showing list it will jump right back to live tv. i cant get to and play my recorded shows with webremote.

Not a "problem", just undesired operation? Thanks

HDVR2
    4.0.1b with 4.0.1a kernel
    used killhdinitrd
    have HMO spatch 4all and all works mrv, etc..
    Last edited by RavenStL; 11-13-2004 at 10:48 PM.

4.0.1b and TivoWeb Plus 1.0, any way to get the Now Playing (under User Interface) to show the listings? It doesn't on all 4 of my boxes, I'm assuming because it doesn't know how to handle the folders?

Thanks,
    Doc

There's no place like ~

Edit: snip
    Last edited by Homer S; 11-17-2004 at 03:37 PM.
    DSR-7000/17 and HDVR2 both stuffed, hacked and superpatched via USB 2.0 ethernet (now fakecall'd)

this is my setup:

rca dvr39
    4.0.1b
    tivoweb 1.0
    hacked with killhdinitrd
    nothing to report from log file

I am trying to access my "tivowebplus" from outside of my home network (i. e. the web). I made adjustments in my tivoweb.cfg file such as....port, name, and password changes. Nothing seems to allow access. I noticed after making these changes, that i was no longer allowed access to tivowebplus at all, not even from my home network. I had to change the .cfg file back to original and reboot before i was able to access tivowebplus again. I tried changing the theme in the .cfg file and had the same results. Basically, any changes i make to the .cfg file result in a loss of access to tivowebplus. I am most interested in remote access, and any help would be great.

Linda
    Last edited by linda; 11-14-2004 at 08:33 PM.

Not that this fixes your problem, but I use Remote Desktop and connect to my XP pro machine from outside the home network. Now that I have my desktop remotely, I can telnet, ftp, tivoweb, etc as if I am sitting at the machine.

Of course it must be left on and your IP known, preferably static. Just a thought.

Also on my problems, If I go to Music and photos, as soon as it opens, it will hop back to Live tv. Odd. Same as Now showing, the list comes up sometimes but will kick out to Live TV.
    2 HR20-100's with OTA (Thank GOD I didnt get a HR21)
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Sub'd, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    1 HR10-250 with 250 WD and 300 Seagate, fully Hacked
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    Who doesnt have 7 Tivos? and with 5 computers, contain 2 Terabytes of storage medium in their house??
    Thanks to all who makes up DDB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Raven, thats one idea i suppose, but i wanted to stay away from the "goto My PC" type apps. I know there is a way to access TivoWebPlus from the net, cause i see the posts about people doing it. Its just if i make corrections in my .cfg file, i cant get TivoWeb to open at all, anywhere. What would be the execute string to log in remotely? xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy, where the x's are your actual IP (not the one generated from the router) and the y's are the port numbers, right? I started off with forwarding port 80 in my router settings and then created a "name/password" in the .cfg file. changing the "name/password" caused TivoWeb to not work at all, so i changed them back to original (blank) and it worked again. I still have no access however, with port 80 forwarded and no "name/password" in the .cfg file. I only have access from within my LAN.

Port 80 is probably being blocked by your ISP. So the request is never making it to the tivo. You will need to move the tivo IP to something higher, like 8080, and then forward that port on your router to the tivo's internal addy. Your url format is correct. So you would do something like this (you pick the port):

Change tivoweb.cfg to use port 8080. Set user/password.
    Restart tivoweb or reboot.
    Forward port 8080 on your router to tivo's internal ip.
    Use the following, where 123.456.78.90 is your internet address:
    http://123.456.78.90:8080

There are major security risks here, please read the threads regarding this. I keep this port forwarding turned off in the router until I need it from the outside. Then I just log into the router's admin page from outside, and turn it temporarily on for the duration I need it.
    If a goldfish should want a vacation, who would know?

I use this to connect remotely :

http://www.tivohelp.com/archive/tivo...ki.net/83.html

HUGE

okay, i got it going. I was able to connect via the web. I was however, unable to view my recordings. Media player would pop up, but it would time out. I guess it wasnt connecting quickly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by linda
    okay, i got it going. I was able to connect via the web. I was however, unable to view my recordings. Media player would pop up, but it would time out. I guess it wasnt connecting quickly enough.
    Did you use the 8080 port forwarding info from SR712, or the ssl reverse proxy linked by HUGE above?

NutKase
    "God, and DealDataBase, help those that help themselves." --Shamelessly stolen from psxboy
    ------------------------------------------------
    2 each, SA S2 287hr 7.2.1a's with Lifetime.
    Hacks: 1 Manually Monte'd -140, Bash,Telnet,FTP,TivoWebPlus,
    Superpatch-67all Unscrambled/HMO,MFS_FTP Ver. N,TyTools, tivoserver
    Fully hacked SA S1