Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: TiVo hacks on News.Com

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    705

    TiVo hacks on News.Com

    EtiVo - PC based archiving and catalog service over TiVo - http://prish.com/etivo
    EtiVo now works on non-hacked TiVos too!!
    Join the EtiVo forums in http://active.prish.com/prishforum

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Mystery Spot
    Posts
    200
    Geeze...

    Who's that Riley guy and what makes him so special?



    Just kidding! Nice article! Has the link from the article caused a flood on the server?
    I'd rather be a killer than a victim.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Dog
    Geeze...

    Who's that Riley guy and what makes him so special?



    Just kidding! Nice article! Has the link from the article caused a flood on the server?
    special-ed maybe *whoops, did I say that out loud?

    don't think dd's been hit too hard, but my hotmail's taking a beating. good thing they finally bumped it to 250 meg...


    note to self: no comment
    ---
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by rc3105
    special-ed maybe *whoops, did I say that out loud?

    don't think dd's been hit too hard, but my hotmail's taking a beating. good thing they finally bumped it to 250 meg...


    note to self: no comment
    Even the EtiVo site went up in traffic about 10-fold.

    On average, I get 10 new registered users a week. Got 15 new ones today. About 15 more who didnt put their email or a name in the registration form. Sheesh. And that's w/o the guy who wrote the article even posting a link to the EtiVo site.
    EtiVo - PC based archiving and catalog service over TiVo - http://prish.com/etivo
    EtiVo now works on non-hacked TiVos too!!
    Join the EtiVo forums in http://active.prish.com/prishforum

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Masnark
    Even the EtiVo site went up in traffic about 10-fold.

    On average, I get 10 new registered users a week. Got 15 new ones today. About 15 more who didnt put their email or a name in the registration form. Sheesh. And that's w/o the guy who wrote the article even posting a link to the EtiVo site.
    I say get your lawyer to give him a call for a cease and desist and then sue for damages :P j/k
    Malfunct

    HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by malfunct
    I say get your lawyer to give him a call for a cease and desist and then sue for damages :P j/k
    Way ahead of you. The guy will rue the day!

    Rue the day I tell ya.

    Edit: Rue is a word right? Doesn't sound like a real word... Hmm..
    EtiVo - PC based archiving and catalog service over TiVo - http://prish.com/etivo
    EtiVo now works on non-hacked TiVos too!!
    Join the EtiVo forums in http://active.prish.com/prishforum

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Masnark
    Way ahead of you. The guy will rue the day!

    Rue the day I tell ya.

    Edit: Rue is a word right? Doesn't sound like a real word... Hmm..
    Yeah, its the right word, have no idea on the spelling though.

    Unfortunately I am sort of on his side, if you have a public website you sort of give up the right of hiding it in my opinion. On the other hand getting publicity of something like etivo could be a bad thing.
    Malfunct

    HDVR2 - 120hours - Extraction enabled
    SD-DVR40 - Unhacked (for now)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by malfunct
    Yeah, its the right word, have no idea on the spelling though.

    Unfortunately I am sort of on his side, if you have a public website you sort of give up the right of hiding it in my opinion. On the other hand getting publicity of something like etivo could be a bad thing.
    Oh, I completely agree.

    Otherwise, I would have put the files on a FTP server and call them ahsdh982s.zip.

    Edit: Just as bad as the rest of the stuff that's out there, I would think. I doubt anybody will be able to have a case against me. But then again, what do I know.
    Last edited by Masnark; 11-12-2004 at 03:07 AM.
    EtiVo - PC based archiving and catalog service over TiVo - http://prish.com/etivo
    EtiVo now works on non-hacked TiVos too!!
    Join the EtiVo forums in http://active.prish.com/prishforum

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    6,414
    Hey Riley, you oughta start watching your back, Dude! It seems like any of the Tivo developers that get into the limelight have a tendency of disappearing. Anyone seen or heard from Olaf Beck since he went on The Screensavers?
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,339
    Olaf's tivos prolly do everything he wanted now so his time's better spent with the kids 'n such

    can't blink, you'll miss 'em grow up

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •