Thread: which adapter to use?

which adapter to use?

trying to figure out which adapter would be a better one to use, the Linksys USB200m or the Xterasys XN-121? have read from others that the Linksys one is very fragile while the Xterasys is more stable, anyone has or have used the Xterasys adapter? need to purchase 2 adapters, one each for my Pioneer DVR810H and Philips DSR704, was gonna get the Linksys WUSB11 adapters but since Tivo won't work with Version 4 of the adapter(almost all of the adapters are Ver. 4), decided to get a Linksys switch and a wired adapter to make it work.
    also, do I need to purchase ONLY Linksys products to network my units? I currently have a Linksys BEFSR81 router.

Quote Originally Posted by bnm81002
    trying to figure out which adapter would be a better one to use, the Linksys USB200m or the Xterasys XN-121? have read from others that the Linksys one is very fragile while the Xterasys is more stable, anyone has or have used the Xterasys adapter?
    Have you ruled out the Netgear FA-120? I've got four of them and am very happy. Its almost the same price as the Xterasys (at newegg.com)

Quote Originally Posted by chrised
    Have you ruled out the Netgear FA-120? I've got four of them and am very happy. Its almost the same price as the Xterasys (at newegg.com)

actually I should have included any other suggested adapters, thank you

I use FA-120's on both my Tivos and they work great.

HUGE

any other wired 2.0 usb adapters that are being used besides those that have been mentioned?