Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.x+RID - support

Kernel Patch

Quote Originally Posted by alldeadhomiez
    Now posted here.

Just run the 2.4.18 patch to the 2.4.18 kernel in the 4.x+RID - files and information post?

Quote Originally Posted by hxmiller
    Just run the 2.4.18 patch to the 2.4.18 kernel in the 4.x+RID - files and information post?
    The prebuilt kernel already has that patch applied. The patch is only necessary if you are building from source.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf
    I'll see about the possibility of arranging a set of 4.x slices on emule for distribution. Maybe this weekend.
    This would be much appreciated. Could you also point to a method of obtaining the loopsets? I've seen several references to this, but there seems to be a problem with my comprehension.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

I'll see about the possibility of arranging a set of 4.x slices on emule for distribution. Maybe this weekend.
    OK, this is going to sound a bit newbie...

Which version is the best one for us to use with this package?

Should we be shooting for the most recent, which I think is 4.0.1b-02?

have the backup image of s2-40-4-0b. followed the instructions and cannot get past the startup screen on the dvdr80. i know that i am missing something. thanks
    Last edited by mrwalker66; 12-12-2004 at 07:18 PM. Reason: a low point in my ddb career...
    SA1 120gb Airnet
    SA1 80gb Turbonet
    SA1 40gb Virgin
    Series 2 dvr-80 RID 200gb fa120
    Series 2 TCD540040
    Series 2 TCD140060 loves wireless g router
    Series 2 DSR704B 300gb fa120
    Replay 5040 120gb
    MediaMVP
    8300hd dvr
    2 Series 2 DSR700's from weaknees
    2 HR10-250's 300gb
    Pioneer 810 h...250gb

Don't feel bad, I'm in the same boat. Followed the directions to the T, can't seem to get past the powering up screen, and am not getting serial output. Going to start over, ensure my 3.1.1c kernel works on the original RID software and move up.

Doc

There's no place like ~

Quote Originally Posted by DocTauri
    Don't feel bad, I'm in the same boat. Followed the directions to the T, can't seem to get past the powering up screen, and am not getting serial output. Going to start over, ensure my 3.1.1c kernel works on the original RID software and move up.
    You should always see the kernel messages on the serial console if you have "dsscon=true console=2,115200" in your bootparms. Or:

- you're using a Series2.5 kernel. While the signature will pass, these kernels tend to just lock up on a Series2.0 box because they do not support the older architecture. But it is unlikely that you have a signed Series2.5 kernel lying around.
    - or, you will see a boot failure message and a reason code from the PROM monitor if a valid kernel cannot be located
    - or, there's a bug in killhdinitrd
    Last edited by alldeadhomiez; 11-17-2004 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocTauri

Doc
    Based on test.conf, you should at least see "starting test.conf" on the serial output as it echoes that string as it's first command.

I'm using the 3.1.1c kernel that was posted here to the files section a few months back. No error messages on the screen, but if I hit return I get the "What is password" prompt. bootpage parameters are set. Cover me, I'm going in again

Doc

There's no place like ~

Ok, backed up the original RID drive, restored to another, copied the kernel off, killhdinitrd'd it, set bootpage for dsscon, upgradesoftware, console, and root. Boots fine, but I still get no serial output. If I hit return during boot, I still get the PW prompt, so the connection's good. Did I miss something? I haven't written any hacks to it yet, just the killed kernel and bootpage parameters.

One other thing: I haven't messed w/monte in a while, but do we need to do the BASH_ENV bootpage parameter for this, or was that a sleeper only thing?

Thanks,
    Doc
    Last edited by DocTauri; 11-17-2004 at 09:09 PM.

There's no place like ~

Quote Originally Posted by chrised
    OK, this is going to sound a bit newbie...

Which version is the best one for us to use with this package?

Should we be shooting for the most recent, which I think is 4.0.1b-02?
    Well, if somebody can figure out a way to patch tivoapp to remove the tvguide and "tribune media services" nags, then it will probably be the latest of the 4.x versions.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Since we'll be installing backups that weren't from our machine won't we have to do a "Clear and delete everything". Won't that in turn wipe out the channel logos?

How can we get them back?

IMO using a backup image in order to migrate to 4.0 isn't really the greatest way to go about it for many reasons.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Up and running except DTV isn't working

I used the PTV Image and kernel onto my Samsung 4040r. The did a clear and delete everything and the guided setup. It's like I'm not subbed with DTV. I can't replace the access guide because it says it needs the old of which I'm not sure what that means.

IMO using a backup image in order to migrate to 4.0 isn't really the greatest way to go about it for many reasons.
    I don't know if this was a response to my question about lost logos but assuming it is, I agree that the way you mentioned in a previous post to this thread is best, thus I am anxiously awaiting those 4.x slices to appear on emule.