Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.x+RID - support

Quote Originally Posted by rc3105
    the init framework and an lba48 kernel

networking will work in that sense that the tivo "firewall" is disabled. it's up to you to install bash, telnet, ftp, tivoweb & whatever else you want
    With version 3.X we have to load the network modules that we transferred over to lib/modules. With version 4.X the modules automatically load and are already in the software. You said we must
    please setup, install & verify operation with factory usb drivers
    I am a little confused, are the normal drivers already in the software and will they automatically load? I understand at some point we may be replacing stock modules with other drivers and that some USB adaptors might require different drivers.

The uma6fix attachment was bad and is now gone... Where do I get it?

Thanks

newbie:

4.x includes fully funtional networking out of the box - one you disable the netfilter that only lets it phone the mothership you're good to go

bbsux:

noticed that I accidently posted last night's build instead of this mornings. it'll be up in a few mins

*mail coming in faster than I can read it!

Quote Originally Posted by rc3105
    bbsux:

noticed that I accidently posted last night's build instead of this mornings. it'll be up in a few mins

*mail coming in faster than I can read it!
    I figured it might be...

Thanx

FWIW theres no need to download an entire disk image. You can just upgrade your existing software to the 4.x software. All that is needed is a slice file containing the changed loopsets along with an upgrade slice. If you do it right, theres no need to even remove your tivos hard disk, and theres only about ~40 megs worth of files to download.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by bma
    does the instantcake cd only have the latest release from tivo? currently I'm running 4.0.1b-02-240 becuase that's what I had access to on my parents SA S2, but I'd like stock 4.0 so I can apply stuff like MN's guide data patch and the like.
    I have searched and searched to find where the guide data patches are that you are talking about... Where can i find them?

I found the standard ones about sort, 30sec skip, no cso, etc. But nothing of the guide data bug...

Thanks
    Last edited by bbsux; 11-17-2004 at 12:27 PM.

LBA48 2.4.18 Kernel License?

use this 2.4.18 kernel with uma6 support (2.4.18 & uma6 source avail at tivo's website)
    Not mentioned anywhere yet, but who compiled it, with what patches and what is the license for using/distributing it?

Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by bbsux
    I have searched and searched to find where the guide data patches are that you are talking about... Where can i find them? Thanks
    MuscleNerd guide fix for 4.0 (not currently available for 4.0.1*)

Quote Originally Posted by fboner
    Not mentioned anywhere yet, but who compiled it, with what patches and what is the license for using/distributing it?
    Linux kernels are always GPL.

Quote Originally Posted by alldeadhomiez
    MuscleNerd guide fix for 4.0 (not currently available for 4.0.1*)

Thanks ADH

And I found out that an old 140060 image I had is at 4.0-01-2-140

Will it work with a DVR80 (or a hdvr2 for that matter?) I only ask since 140060 was a gen1 S2...
    Last edited by bbsux; 11-17-2004 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf
    FWIW theres no need to download an entire disk image. You can just upgrade your existing software to the 4.x software. All that is needed is a slice file containing the changed loopsets along with an upgrade slice. If you do it right, theres no need to even remove your tivos hard disk, and theres only about ~40 megs worth of files to download.
    I tried e-mule and haven't found any 4.X upgrade slices. The idea of upgrading from 3.X to 4.X (Dtivo) without pulling the drives and losing recordings is appealing. Is there a way to reverse the normal procedure and go from the image file on P2P and create slice files? I'm beginning to think I may have to just transfer the recordings with mfs_ftp.

In the past we could let our tivo get the software, block the reboot and hack but I don't think the 4.X slices are on the SAT. I seen some software slices not being accepted from the SAT but I doubt any of them are for 4.X.

Could I just copy the 'image' from my SA2? It's a TCD24008A. Or, do I need to use a TCD240080 image?

If I can, is it correct that I can copy that over to a new drive without the recordings? I understand that they wouldn't work anyway, so I didn't want to waste the time copying them over.

Thanks!

kad
    1 RCA DVR80 (RID + 6.2a on 500GB)
    1 Samsung SIR-4080R (RID + 6.2a on 500GB)

Quote Originally Posted by alldeadhomiez
    But what are the changes to the kernel provided here? We know that at the least, we have LBA48 support, uma6 support but is there anything else?

- Netfilter?
    - scrambling?
    - initrd disabled?
    etc, etc, etc

Mind you, I don't have a RID unit, just curious. Thanks
    Last edited by mrblack51; 11-17-2004 at 04:48 PM.
    Magnus Unus

Quote Originally Posted by kadiir
    Could I just copy the 'image' from my SA2? It's a TCD24008A. Or, do I need to use a TCD240080 image?

If I can, is it correct that I can copy that over to a new drive without the recordings? I understand that they wouldn't work anyway, so I didn't want to waste the time copying them over.

Thanks!

kad
    Yes, you can (to both).

Doc

There's no place like ~

I'll see about the possibility of arranging a set of 4.x slices on emule for distribution. Maybe this weekend.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 11-17-2004 at 04:03 PM.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by my0gr81
    But what are the changes to the kernel provided here? We know that at the least, we have LBA48 support, uma6 support but is there anything else?
    Now posted here.