Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.x+RID - support

I could have sworn that I did but obviously not let me take a quick look.

Ok, Id 10 T Error.

Thanks

Maybe you can do a guide on how to turn off auto record suggestions.
    Couldnt resist.
    Hughes HDVR2 Sleepered 120 hrs! Not sure how it works it just does.
    RCADVR40 hacked using lightiv guide, It works, sorta.

Do imported shows via mfs_ftp that have the same name show up in folders when you turn folders on for anyone ?

SD-DVR40 with 4.01b (RID)

Thanks

EDIT: Found what I was looking for with help from next post. Patch works great!
    Last edited by rbreding; 01-07-2005 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Found IT!

Quote Originally Posted by rbreding
    Do imported shows via mfs_ftp that have the same name show up in folders when you turn folders on for anyone ?

SD-DVR40 with 4.01b (RID)

Thanks
    If I'm understanding your question correctly, the following thread may be of interest to you.
    1 HR10-250, upgraded to 570 SD hours, hacked, 6.3b.
    1 HDVR2, upgraded to 206 hours, hacked, 6.2.
    1 HDVR2, upgraded to 168 hours, hacked, 6.2.
    tyExtract - Automated batch extraction utility
    YacMon - YAC Server log monitor for new call(s) notification via email/text message

Quote Originally Posted by shawn
    Maybe you can do a guide on how to turn off auto record suggestions.
    Couldnt resist.
    Good one but don't be surprised if my guide re-appears.

Hi, I have 3 hacked RCA DVR40. Everything has been working fine on them for the last month until yesterday. One of the DVR40s all of a sudden started rebooting itself and would stay stuck on the starting up screen and when I would unplug it and reboot it the green screen saying "severe error ocuered please do not unplug while DVR repairs itself" would show up. I thought that buy starting over with the hacks I could get it to work. I did that and tested it in one of the other rooms and it was working fine. I then go to reconnect it in the living room and sure enough that green sceen with the message came up. Has anybody had this problem. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by soulreaver1212
    Hi, I have 3 hacked RCA DVR40. Everything has been working fine on them for the last month until yesterday. One of the DVR40s all of a sudden started rebooting itself and would stay stuck on the starting up screen and when I would unplug it and reboot it the green screen saying "severe error ocuered please do not unplug while DVR repairs itself" would show up. I thought that buy starting over with the hacks I could get it to work. I did that and tested it in one of the other rooms and it was working fine. I then go to reconnect it in the living room and sure enough that green sceen with the message came up. Has anybody had this problem. Thank you.
    The green screen indicates an MFS error; the TiVo is trying to fix it. This often takes less than 15 minutes, but can take up to 24 hours. DON'T unplug the system while this is going on.

If you repeatedly get 'gsod' errors on a given system (TiVo fixes it, but it comes back later), suspect the hard drive.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Thanks Plainbill, the HD is no more than a month old (Samsung 120Gb). I was thinking that maybe some how DirecTV was trying to upgrade it and for some reason the safety measures on it were going crazy.

After 4.01b update, long service calls downloading slices

First off, I realize that this is a 4.0+RID support thread, but was hoping someone might be able to help me. I have a non rid unit running 4.01b. I monte (chainload?) into a lba48 kernel for large drive support.

The problem that I am having (more of an annoyance really) is that since I have done this each unit spends about an hour downloading a slice to install, that I hope / presume is not being installed due to the updatesoftware=false.

dbloadWaiting TCD_ID=1010000C02C3B2C CALL_ID=1105206453 TIME=1105209974 nInstall=0 nTry=100 lastCaller=Unpack=/var/packages/utils-34560852-1.slice.gz
    ...is the log entry that I presume is the file being downloaded (although nothing appears in that location when I look)

I would just unplug the phone line, but I am using it for callerid (elseed). Plus I do not yet have the tivos running on a full network, or a cid capable modem other than the dtivo for that sake.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by rclar
    First off, I realize that this is a 4.0+RID support thread, but was hoping someone might be able to help me. I have a non rid unit running 4.01b. I monte (chainload?) into a lba48 kernel for large drive support.

The problem that I am having (more of an annoyance really) is that since I have done this each unit spends about an hour downloading a slice to install, that I hope / presume is not being installed due to the updatesoftware=false.

dbloadWaiting TCD_ID=1010000C02C3B2C CALL_ID=1105206453 TIME=1105209974 nInstall=0 nTry=100 lastCaller=Unpack=/var/packages/utils-34560852-1.slice.gz
    ...is the log entry that I presume is the file being downloaded (although nothing appears in that location when I look)

I would just unplug the phone line, but I am using it for callerid (elseed). Plus I do not yet have the tivos running on a full network, or a cid capable modem other than the dtivo for that sake.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks

Rich
    I see several options. Fakecall or possibly fixsub should prevent the call to TiVo. Another option is discussed here.

PlainBill

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

I thought that fakecall was just fixsub renamed, and that it doesn't actually prevent the call from being made - rather, it disables the nag about not having called. You need to use one of the other methods to prevent the call.
    Steve

Thanks.

I have fixsub31 but will try out fakecall...

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by stevel
    I thought that fakecall was just fixsub renamed, and that it doesn't actually prevent the call from being made - rather, it disables the nag about not having called. You need to use one of the other methods to prevent the call.
    I'm sure you're wrong. Last summer someone analyzed the code and came to the conclusion that that every time it runs it sets certain variables to delay the call. Check it out:

Code:

#!/tvbin/tivosh

##############
    # fixsub.tcl #
    ##############

tvsource $tcl_library/tv/mfslib.tcl

proc FixSub {db} {
        try {
            RetryTransaction {
                set now [clock seconds]
                set today [expr ($now / 86400)]
                set stateExpiration [expr ($today + 7)]
                set nextCall [expr ($stateExpiration * 86400)]
                set lastCallStatus "Succeeded"
                set callStatusInfo "Succeeded"

set sobj [db $db open /State/PhoneConfig]
                dbobj $sobj set LastDialInUpdateDate $today
                dbobj $sobj set CallStatusInfo $callStatusInfo
                dbobj $sobj set LastCallAttemptSecInDay $now
                dbobj $sobj set LastSuccessPgdCallSecInDay $now
                dbobj $sobj set LastSuccessCallSecInDay $now
                dbobj $sobj set LastCallStatus $lastCallStatus
                dbobj $sobj set NextCallAttemptSecInDay $nextCall

set ssobj [db $db open /State/ServiceConfig]

dbobj $ssobj set ServiceStateExpiration $stateExpiration

set ssobj [db $db open /State/GeneralConfig]

dbobj $ssobj set Complete 7

}
        } catch errCode {
            puts "Failed to FixSub, code=($errCode)"
            return 0
        }
        return 1
    }

set db [dbopen]
      FixSub $db
    dbclose $db

proc Succeeded {db} {
    #        puts "Setting call to Succeeded"
        try {
            RetryTransaction {
                set lastCallStatus "Succeeded"
                set sobj [db $db open /State/PhoneConfig]
                dbobj $sobj set LastCallStatus $lastCallStatus
            }
        } catch errCode {
    #        puts "Failed to set LastCallStatus, code=($errCode)"
            return 0
        }
        return 1
    }
    I do remember that fixsub31 did not work properly on 4.x software when I tried it. I'm watching the Seahawks and Rams demonstrate incompetence right now, but I seem to remember something on that in this thread.

PlainBill

mfs_ftp problem

I am having a problem with mfs_ftp with myhacked dsr704 4.01b..
    extracts work great.. so do inserts i can play while inserting.. as soon as the insert is complete. I cannot play the movie for instance it says channel not in your lineup and goes right to delete.... anyone seen this... do I need a new version of mfs_ftp... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevel
    Looking at the files it appears that while much of it is the same, there are some differences depending upon the version of the software you are running ( 3 vs 4 ). I have fakecall running on one of my tivos now and will see what happens.

Thanks again, I appreciate every ones help.

Rich