Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.x+RID - support

lgkahn, that is a symptom of inserting an encrypted recording where the CSO keys don't match. Where did the recording come from?
    Steve

not true.. the recording is not encrypted because I can watch it on all my other tivos and also watch it while inserting.... just after the insert is complete I get this error when trying to play it... I believe there is some additional security in 4.x not in 3.x and it won't play a recording if the channel doesn't exist in your lineup or something..

I've also burned a dvd from this movie just like the others so it is definately not encrypted...
    Last edited by lgkahn; 01-09-2005 at 09:11 PM.

ok you were right and I was right.. they are not encrypted but the cso keys are still there.. so I figured out how to remove them.. that should work...

but the bigger problem is I cannot run my boxes without parental controls due to having kids in the house.. and the parental control with direct tv is totally hosed... it resets the code on every boot which is unacceptable.. and you cannot turn it on and off... this basically makes 4.x unuseable to me on my boxes... does anyone have a possible fix for this???

Quote Originally Posted by lgkahn
    but the bigger problem is I cannot run my boxes without parental controls due to having kids in the house.. and the parental control with direct tv is totally hosed... it resets the code on every boot which is unacceptable.. and you cannot turn it on and off... this basically makes 4.x unuseable to me on my boxes... does anyone have a possible fix for this???
    MuscleNerd's SuperPatch will remove the parental control that exists when you put 4.x on a DTiVo. That's half the problem. I have no idea how it responds if you try to set a parental control code after that. You should try it and tell us how it turns out.

tk

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragn
    MuscleNerd's SuperPatch will remove the parental control that exists when you put 4.x on a DTiVo. That's half the problem. I have no idea how it responds if you try to set a parental control code after that. You should try it and tell us how it turns out.
    No, NutKase's superpatch has a parental control patch. MuscleNerd did not release a superpatch.

As this patch causes parental controls to default to "unlocked" on every boot, it is clearly not suitable for locking kids out of your pr0n stash. New patches will be needed to make parental controls work as designed on 4.x.

As this patch causes parental controls to default to "unlocked" on every boot, it is clearly not suitable for locking kids out of your pr0n stash. New patches will be needed to make parental controls work as designed on 4.x.

yes just turning it off is what it does.. but there seems to be a more far reaching problem... I belive the dtivos store the codes somewhere different than the standalonds because every time it boots up the code you set last boot is gone and it has you reenter the code twice to set you new code...

bummer

Ok.... I have been reading for a while... I downloaded a image via p2p and it didn't seem to work.. I have hacked other tivos...

So I decided to bite the bullet and download the PTV Instant Cake for my DSR704. I was in a hurry when ordering and just picked the DSR704 as my unit and ended up just getting Version 3.1.1b

Which image do I want to get...

rc3105 suggests TCD240040 if I have a 40 gig drive...

On ptvupgrade it seems that this is for Series2 Standalone units. Is this still what I want for my DSR704 Series 2 Directivo RID unit...

I am hoping ptvupgrade will allow me to redownload the correct one. I see I may have to pay an extra 9.99 for the larger upgrade...

Thanks

BenRaines

Please do not flame... I just want to make sure I am paying for the right image... Especially if I have to pay for it again...

Unhappy Image Too Clean

Ok this is weird. I just completed the RID upgrade using the lba48 kernel posted in this thread. Everything went swimmingly. But now I am in my tivo menus and the DTV setup wizard is running. For some reason it says that the card is invalid (not activated). Now this is a valid sub'd card that was working before I replaced the HD with this image/upgrade. Does anything done here affect the cards in DTivos? Should I call DTV and ask them to repush the info to the card? Is the card tied to the physical disk or location in any manner? I am doing this for a friend who lives nearby but diff zipcode.

It was too late last night but I will pull out the drive and put the old one back in to see if I see if the card is working on the original drive and image.

It also keeps asking to dialout to setup the machine... is this a good thing for me to let it do once it has been hacked?
    + extraction

Quote Originally Posted by BenRaines
    Which image do I want to get...
    the TCD2400x0 images from PTV upgrade are simply clean copies of 4.x series 2 standalone software

TCD240040, TCD24004A, TCD240080, TCD24008A all have the 4.x version you want

Quote Originally Posted by Powerstride
    It also keeps asking to dialout to setup the machine... is this a good thing for me to let it do once it has been hacked?
    You can just run fakecall (in AW's all in one utility) and reboot. You can see if a clear and delete solves the card problem. Where did you get the image. I understand a lot of the images on p2p have problems.

Go through the threads, there are 2 images on emule that seem to work great. Tivo-S2-4.0.1b-02-2-xxx is around 162 meg, but look first and you'll get the exact information to be sure you have the right image.

Card not responding

The image was a "good" one according to another member here off of emule. 4.0.1b*unhacked*minimal.mfs? (maybe). It is a small image and looked like it was presetup etc.. had a welcome screen and everything. I will try the fake call this evening. I don't see the "clear and remove all" option at the moment and I have disabled parental control. I was hoping that after a "successful" call that the option would resurface.?? maybe?
    + extraction

Does the hacked dssapp supress "Please call customer service" messages ?

All,

I've a used DTivo S2+RID unit upgraded to 4.0.1b, and a new access card from DTv.

The unit is receiving the directv information channels fine, but other channels show a black screen -- no error. Note that I have a legal and paid subscription, so this is *not* an attempt to steal service.

Anyway, when I switch back to my original 3.x drive those same channels are still black, but now include a "call customer service" card/receiver mismatch error.

Two questions:
    1. Is the "RID friendly" (read:hacked) dssapp supressing the display of this message?

2. When I call DTv about this, should I worry about "binding" this card to the old drive verses the new drive? From what I've read, I thought the RID is on firmware. To be clear, I have *not* touched the prom -- instead I'm doing the Riley method.

Thanks!

Hum... stuck

I just noticed that I can't run the fake call unless i can access the tivo via network remote (don't have serial cbl). Is this a feature of a new image? How can i get past this and get to the "clear and remove all" screen?
    + extraction

init_framework

Hello.

I am having a heck of a time. Possibly you could help me. After instantcake I put my hd back in tivo and it seemed to work fine.I put it back in my pc and followed Riley's post. my first problem is when i type in cdrom i get: launching /cdrom/nsts/*.nst
    /bin/cdrom: /cdrom/nsts/*.nst: no such file or directory

My next problem is when i get to init_framework step it says:
    no such file or directory
    error not reversible(child)
    child return status 2

Am I putting this on my files cd wrong? Do you have any advice

Quote Originally Posted by Powerstride
    I just noticed that I can't run the fake call unless i can access the tivo via network remote (don't have serial cbl). Is this a feature of a new image? How can i get past this and get to the "clear and remove all" screen?
    Buy or build a serial cable. Some people say making the initial phone call isn't a big deal, supposedly all it does it download updated phone numbers. Otherwise pull your drive and add fakecall.tcl to your rc.sysinit.author file. Just reboot and the script will run.