Thread: Ultimate TV subscription

Ultimate TV subscription

Hello all,
    I have an unsubscribed Sony Ultimate TV unit. I called DTV to subscribe it and was told I could but they would not enable record functions. I was told to purchase a tivo. They even offered to send me one but could not tell me which brand it was, they said it could be anyone of 3 brands....Is that true for anyone else? I did not call back since the hold times were so long.

Call Direct again and ask for "Special Projects" department. Once you have verified that you are speaking with someone in SP they will have no problems activating your UTV and ALL functions will work properly

What will it cost?

What will the UTV subscription cost at DTV?

unless it has changed 9.95 will be the charge for the UTV

Yeh, geminicat is correct. $9.95 for the service regardless of the number of UTV in the home. I'm running 4 rca and 1 sony

Quote Originally Posted by quik333
    Yeh, geminicat is correct. $9.95 for the service regardless of the number of UTV in the home. I'm running 4 rca and 1 sony
    So you just activate the extra UTV receivers as if they were a regular DTV receiver? Meaning, you don't necessarily have to tell them it's a UTV receiver, but as long as you sub to the UTV service then both will fully function?

Quote Originally Posted by kgibbons
    So you just activate the extra UTV receivers as if they were a regular DTV receiver? Meaning, you don't necessarily have to tell them it's a UTV receiver, but as long as you sub to the UTV service then both will fully function?
    The UTV service is an add on to your account, not an individual receiver. If you add another mirrored receiver (UTV or not) it will receive the same subscription. Think of it like subbing to HBO. All of the boxes on your account receive it, but some may not be able to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by fixn278
    The UTV service is an add on to your account, not an individual receiver. If you add another mirrored receiver (UTV or not) it will receive the same subscription. Think of it like subbing to HBO. All of the boxes on your account receive it, but some may not be able to use it.
    Thanks for the quick reply fixn... much appreciated. I actually was aware that UTV is just an additional service to your account, but I wasn't sure if the serial numbers of a UTV receiver were specific, and would let DTV know you're running multiple UTV receivers. Which I'm sure they would have no problem charging you $9.95 x 2 if they knew you were running two. So I was just wondering what the best approach is when I finally do go to activate my two UTV receivers in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by kgibbons
    Thanks for the quick reply fixn... much appreciated. I actually was aware that UTV is just an additional service to your account, but I wasn't sure if the serial numbers of a UTV receiver were specific, and would let DTV know you're running multiple UTV receivers. Which I'm sure they would have no problem charging you $9.95 x 2 if they knew you were running two. So I was just wondering what the best approach is when I finally do go to activate my two UTV receivers in the near future.
    I'm not sure what you're getting at. Once the service is added to your account, all UTV's will work. It's not any more complicated than that.