Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: unified mfs_* tools support.

Look of shame on my face...

my script to 'echo -ne "\x3C\x02\x00\x00" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp.tmp bs=1 seek=6984684' had a bug and so while I thought I had noscrambled three of my machines I had in fact not, then when I added all the other stuff I was doing at the same time I didn't realize it.

Thanks for catching that .
    3 - HR10-250 6.3d Upgraded
    2 - SD DTivos
    1 - HR20-700
    1 - 2TB NAS

Did TySuiteJ report it or did you find out via cipherCheck.tcl?

Quote Originally Posted by dburckh View Post
    cipherCheck.tcl?
    ciphercheck.tcl is obsolete. Use the ciphercheck C program instead. It, too, needs to be upgraded to reflect the new MFS attribute names for the "CSO" keys in the 8.x software versions.

I have just taken the 9.3a upgrade on my THD and rehacked the system. Now I am seeing:
    Code:
    <Part>dbobj372</Part>
    instead of:
    Code:
     <SubObject type="RecordingPart" id="Part">
       <Begin>0</Begin>
      <SubObject type="RecordingPartDrm" id="Drm">
        <MediaEncryptionKey>XX</MediaEncryptionKey>
        <MediaSigningKey>XX</MediaSigningKey>
        <MediaSigningKeyType>XX</MediaSigningKeyType>
        <Signature>XX</Signature>
        <SignatureType>1</SignatureType>
      </SubObject>
       <End>822771</End>
       <File>79411</File>
     </SubObject>
    Is anyone else seeing this, or have I fouled up my hacks?

Which mfs-utils tool is producing that output? mfs_dumpobj? mfs_uberexport -X -R xxxx or mfs_ftp? I just ran a few tests, and the mfs-utils tools appear fine (although I think I rebuilt with a 9.3 schema), but mfs_ftp does produce that output you showed. That's an issue in mfs_ftp, not in the mfs-utils tools. I think it's just a matter of recognizing the new "subobj" attribute type in mfs when the xml is dumped. Look in the dump_object proc where there is a switch on $atype. I believe that Parts now show up as subobject's instead of objects.

Once you fix the tcl, you'll probably need to flush the cache too.

If you fix it and post a patch, it probably belongs in the mfs_ftp thread rather than here, since it isn't really an mfs-utils issue.

I noticed this in files from mfs_ftp.tcl, but I assumed it was just wrapping the xml output from these tools. That's what I get for assuming.

I also noticed similar behavior in the mfs browser tool from twp, so I figure something must have changed in the latest OS. Since you pointed out the use of subobj, I dumped the schema and it looks like they retyped a bunch of objects to subobjects.

If I make any progress on correcting this, I'll make sure it makes it to the proper threads. Thanks.

EDIT:
    The patch for this can be found here.
    Last edited by jkozee; 05-12-2008 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    I noticed this in files from mfs_ftp.tcl, but I assumed it was just wrapping the xml output from these tools. That's what I get for assuming.

I also noticed similar behavior in the mfs browser tool from twp, so I figure something must have changed in the latest OS. Since you pointed out the use of subobj, I dumped the schema and it looks like they retyped a bunch of objects to subobjects.

If I make any progress on correcting this, I'll make sure it makes it to the proper threads. Thanks.
    I'm pretty sure it has already been fixed in some versions of TWP, but maybe only if you pull the latest from CVS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I'm pretty sure it has already been fixed in some versions of TWP, but maybe only if you pull the latest from CVS.
    Correct, as usual. It looks like I used a mislabled version from February. The latest version is fine. Thanks, again!

syntax for mfs_uberexport -s <offset> switch

I'm trying to use the -s <offset> switch for mfs_uberexport to build a seek function, but can't seem to figure it out.
    Code:
    mfs_uberexport -R 4737174 -s 1000
    just returns the usage information, as if I'd passed an invalid switch. The source seems to check for s, but I'm no C guru.

I've tried the mfs-utils_bin.mips-20050604.tar.bz2 and mfs-utils_bin.mips-20060503.tar.bz2 versions, with the same result.

Anyone using this switch successfully?

Any suggestions?
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    I'm trying to use the -s <offset> switch for mfs_uberexport to build a seek function, but can't seem to figure it out.
    Code:
    mfs_uberexport -R 4737174 -s 1000
    just returns the usage information, as if I'd passed an invalid switch. The source seems to check for s, but I'm no C guru.

I've tried the mfs-utils_bin.mips-20050604.tar.bz2 and mfs-utils_bin.mips-20060503.tar.bz2 versions, with the same result.

Anyone using this switch successfully?

Any suggestions?
    I believe seeking only works within a single part, so it is incompatible with the -R option.

It's supposed to print this message:
    Code:
                   fprintf( stderr, "%s Command line error: The -s and -c option ar
     only supported with a single path/fsid\n",
                            prog );
    but due to a bug, it exits before the message is printed (usage() calls exit).

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I believe seeking only works within a single part, so it is incompatible with the -R option.

It's supposed to print this message:
    Code:
                   fprintf( stderr, "%s Command line error: The -s and -c option ar
     only supported with a single path/fsid\n",
                            prog );
    but due to a bug, it exits before the message is printed (usage() calls exit).
    Thanks, Jamie. That's clear, just not quite what I was hoping for.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Hi all, I could use some help using mfs_import on a PC

I have a series 2 tivo who's hard drive crashed. I was able to pull the shows off directly from the disc in a PC using mfs_uberexport, saving them in tmf format. I've now copied my original tivo drive and want to put the shows back on it from in a PC. This is the original drive that my crashed drive was made from. This new drive has no show on it yet.

When I pulled the shows off I gave the tmf files the same name as their fsid, as reported from mfs_streams. So if fsid 3355589 was 'supernatural the christmas special' I used mfs_uberexport to pull it and save it as 3355589.tmf

When I go to put it back on the restored drive here's the problem I'm having:

I execute the command

mfs_import -v 3355589 - < /path to tmf file/3355589.tmf

I get the error

ERROR: didn't find fsid

Can anyone please help me with this, I'm sure it's just a matter of syntax but I can't find what the problem is.

Thanks
    Last edited by guest; 02-17-2009 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    Hi all, I could use some help using mfs_insert on a PC
    ERROR: didn't find fsid

Can anyone please help me with this, I'm sure it's just a matter of syntax but I can't find what the problem is.

Thanks
    The existing tools don't provide a way to do what you want to do. mfs_import will store tystream data into an already allocated tystream object (identified by fsid), but it can't allocate that object or setup the other required MFS metadata structures.

Your best bet is to insert via mfs_ftp. You might be able to insert directly on the tivo if you can dig up or construct yourself the necessary tcl code to allocate and fill in the MFS metadata structures.

Thanks Jamie,

I will use mfs_ftp.

My box is hacked from quite awhile ago (I've probably forgotten half of what I learned getting it there) and I have old versions of all the hacks, mfs_ftp, vserver..., from back (before?) when my box was at 4.01b. They worked back then, but I haven't really had much of a need for insertion/extraction and haven't used mfs_ftp for quite a while. Would you recommend that I update to the latest before I try to insert 230 shows, or not fix what isn't broken?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    Thanks Jamie,

I will use mfs_ftp.

My box is hacked from quite awhile ago (I've probably forgotten half of what I learned getting it there) and I have old versions of all the hacks, mfs_ftp, vserver..., from back (before?) when my box was at 4.01b. They worked back then, but I haven't really had much of a need for insertion/extraction and haven't used mfs_ftp for quite a while. Would you recommend that I update to the latest before I try to insert 230 shows, or not fix what isn't broken?

Thanks
    There's been a lot of mfs_ftp bug fixes, but they're spread out in patch files and maybe a little difficult to locate. You might try first to load the shows with mfs_ftp using what you already have. If it doesn't work, then update and try again.
    Last edited by Jamie; 12-27-2008 at 04:16 PM.