Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: unified mfs_* tools support.

Quote Originally Posted by cheer
    I don't disagree -- I just mentioned it since the OP mentioned pulling the Now Showing list via mfs_ftp.
    Right - it was a good suggestion, it just didn't occur to me. It's easy and might just be good enough for the OP to do what they want to do.

You could access it directly via the vserver protocol. This would mean either using the mfs-utils library, or growing your own mfs/vserver-client code.
    Where can I read more on using the vserver protocol? I tried a search on the forums but no specific info was found on using it.

With the other tool I had mentioned and linked to, the user is using a Microft.Com.MfsFtpLib.dll which I think is a COM wrapper around the mfs-utils lib. So I guess if this includes the vserver code I can use it.

How would I go about accessing the "mfs_uberexport -RX" option via the vserver protocol to get the XML?

Also is there a way to get a list of all the FSID's in the Now Showing so that I can iterate thru them getting each programs XML info?

You can pull the XML information right out of mfs_ftp -- just navigate to the xml directory
    Where is this directory and do I have to execute something first to get all the XML there.
    DSR708 running 6.2 300 GB Seagate, networked, manually hacked

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman1013
    Where can I read more on using the vserver protocol? I tried a search on the forums but no specific info was found on using it.
    Sorry to say, it isn't really documented anywhere. You just have to read the mfs-utils source and programs to use it. It's basically a very low level protocol for access the MFS file system at the block level.
    With the other tool I had mentioned and linked to, the user is using a Microft.Com.MfsFtpLib.dll which I think is a COM wrapper around the mfs-utils lib. So I guess if this includes the vserver code I can use it.
    It sounds more like a wrapper around the ftp protocol, connected to an mfs_ftp server.
    How would I go about accessing the "mfs_uberexport -RX" option via the vserver protocol to get the XML?
    That wouldn't be using the vserver program. To run mfs_uberexport, you'd have to be able to telnet to the tivo and run a command. I don't use C#, so I can't tell you how to do that there.
    Also is there a way to get a list of all the FSID's in the Now Showing so that I can iterate thru them getting each programs XML info?
    Depends on the approach you take. If you use mfs_ftp on the tivo side, you can just issue an ftp NLST command in the xml directory. If you want to telnet in and run commands, try mfs_streams for a list of shows with FSIDs.
    Where is this directory and do I have to execute something first to get all the XML there.
    You need the client side of the ftp protocol. Open the ftp connection to port 3105 on the tivo, cd to the xml directory, and do an NLST command there to get a list of available shows, then fetch the ones you want with RETR.

One idea, I think I may have seen Riley suggest before, is to use an external program like wget to sync/mirror the show lists to your PC.
    Last edited by Jamie; 06-28-2006 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueman2 View Post
    Jamie,

I am seeing an odd result when uploading to my Tivo, even with the updated patch. If I upload to the Tivo, but stop the upload before it has reached the end of the file, the file stays in a "Recording" state on my Tivo. As if it is still being uploaded. I cannot delete the file from the Tivo either. I must reboot to get rid of the partials. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning so see if anyone else is seeing this.
    Just to make you feel better I've had this problem for YEARS before I used Jamie, or any other, patches. This happens if your import fails. I have this happen to me all the time, because my ftp client (on my mac) drops the connection. I have to reboot the TiVo to clear the entry. I upgraded, today, to Jamie's patch and I'm still seeing mfs_ftp core dumps (I might comment on that more later after I debug some more), but suffice to say that the partial problems predate this patch.
    Joseph Elwell.

Speak of inetd (re: earlier posts in this thread) any linux gurus aware if there is anything that would make any given service not work with inetd?

/etc/inetd.conf:

tnlited stream tcp nowait root /sbin/tnlited 23 /tivo-bin/tivologin.sh
    vserver stream tcp nowait root /tivo-bin/vserver vserver -i -l
    tivoftpd stream tcp nowait root /tivo-bin/tivoftpd
    ccxstream stream tcp nowait root /tivo-bin/ccxstream
    end of /etc/services:

vserver 8074/tcp
    tivoftpd 21/tcp
    ccxstream 1400/tcp
    tnlited 23/tcp
    The only one of those that actually works is vserver. The rest don't do anything. My doing something bad here?
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf View Post
    Speak of inetd (re: earlier posts in this thread) any linux gurus aware if there is anything that would make any given service not work with inetd?

/etc/inetd.conf:
    tnlited stream tcp nowait root /sbin/tnlited 23 /tivo-bin/tivologin.sh
    vserver stream tcp nowait root /tivo-bin/vserver vserver -i -l
    tivoftpd stream tcp nowait root /tivo-bin/tivoftpd
    ccxstream stream tcp nowait root /tivo-bin/ccxstream
    The command that you run with inetd has to use the network socket passed to it by inetd, rather than opening its own (which it would do if it were started stand-alone). inetd attaches the socket to the program's standard input, output, and error descriptors, so the program must know to use them to communicate with its client, rather than for, eg., error messages.
    The only one of those that actually works is vserver. The rest don't do anything. My doing something bad here?
    For vserver (and tserver), this is selected with the -i option (the -l option is also good to direct error messages somewhere useful, namely to the syslog). I don't think tnlited and tivoftpd do this, but you can use telnetd and ftpd from InetUtils to do something similar (see this example inetd.conf). I don't know about ccxstream.

You can find some (generic, not TiVo-specific) documentation for InetUtils here.

Tim.
    Check out my TiVo Series 1 software - utilities, fixed C library with DNS/passwd, and Windows/Linux cross-compilers.

Ah. I was under the assumption that inetd just watched the given ports, launched the necessary binary when needed, bridged the socket, and term'ed it when finished.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Ah. I was under the assumption that inetd just watched the given ports, launched the necessary binary when needed, bridged the socket, and term'ed it when finished.
    No, that would mean the client would have to reconnect to the new process. The inetd way also allows multiple server processes to be started without the server program needing to worry about forking.
    Check out my TiVo Series 1 software - utilities, fixed C library with DNS/passwd, and Windows/Linux cross-compilers.

Well, I figured it could black hole the client until the service was up, bridge the socket, and then just feed whatever info the client sent to the server after the fact, thus establishing the connection without a reconnect.

Oh well. I just cross compiled a copy of ftpd and its kinda convoluted to fully configure for a tivo. Seemed like a nice elegant prospect at first but now its kinda looking like its more trouble than its worth since all I would get out of it in the end is ftpd, vserver, and telnetd. At least for me anyways since I can't write any C
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 12-21-2006 at 05:46 AM.

Well, I figured it could black hole the client until the service was up, bridge the socket, and then just feed whatever info the client sent to the server after the fact, thus establishing the connection without a reconnect.
    If by "bridging the socket" you mean having an extra process in the middle reading from one socket and writing to another, that's expensive overhead you don't want. Much better to hand the existing socket off to the child server.

35 Help please with insertion

I can extract stuff from both my series 2 DTivo and my HDTivo but cannot get insertion to work. I can extract and view the videos so encryption is off but with reinsertion, I consistently fail. I followed the newbie steps here but cannot get things to work... Thoughts? Here is the tail of the log from the series 2 tivo (the HD TiVo is similar):

Code:
    04:11:27:PM - 200 Type set to I
    04:11:35:PM - 200 PORT command successful.
    04:11:36:PM - 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for "{The Fairly OddParents2004-02-20Vicky Loses Her Icky Pixies Inc.02.30 PM Tue Dec 26NIK1.tmf}"
    bgerror invoked with error 

" can't read "TmkEvent::EVT_DATA_CHANGED": no such variable " 

re-initializing mfs_ftp

close the current ftp connection and simply open another

"core dump" :p

info(version): 1.2.9p
    info(tswv): 6.2-01-2-151
    info(dbl): 0
    info(ithrottle): 2
    info(insert_priority): 10
    info(multithreaded): 0
    info(saveuntil): suggestion
    info(name_detail): 5
    info(bjuggle): 0
    info(active): 0
    info(ac_interval): 1800
    info(gatewayip): 127.0.0.1
    info(gatewayport): 3105

Quote Originally Posted by rvaniwaa View Post
    I can extract stuff from both my series 2 DTivo and my HDTivo but cannot get insertion to work. ...
    This is really an mfs_ftp question rather than one about the mfs-utils package.

It looks to me like you haven't commented out the TmkEvent lines. See this thread for the various tweaks you currently have to do to get mfs_ftp working for insertion on a series2.

MIPS S2 vserver

I downloaded the mfs-utils_bin.mips-20050604.tar.bz2, and tried executing the included vserver on my SA 2.5 (540) and it responds with 'listen failed'. twp also behaves as if vserver isnt running.

Am I doing something wrong or incomplete, or has this vserver not been tested on the nightlight tivo yet?

enliteneer: I got that problem when I already had another application using the port vserver was trying to attach to. In my case it was a different copy of vserver still active! Do a "ps fax" and if you see vserver kill its pid.

I have downloaded and copied this version of MFS_FTP and Im having an issue. When starting MFS_FTP I get the following

..................................................no such object: CONFLICT err=e
    rrTmActiveLockConflict
    while executing
    "dbobj $info($fsid,Station) get CallSign"
    ("uplevel" body line 7)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    "transaction {uplevel $body}"
    (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
    invoked from within
    "RetryTransaction {
    set rec [db $db openid $fsid]
    foreach item "State Showing Part" { set info($fsid,$item) [ntrim [dbobj $rec g
    et $item]] }
    fore..."
    (procedure "rec_info_from_db" line 5)
    invoked from within
    "rec_info_from_db $fsid"
    (procedure "update_rec_fsids" line 17)
    invoked from within
    "update_rec_fsids 1"
    (procedure "init_procs" line 11)
    invoked from within
    "init_procs"
    (file "/var/hack/mfs_ftp/mfs_ftp.tcl" line 1535)