Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: unified mfs_* tools support.

Quote Originally Posted by ciper View Post
    I have downloaded and copied this version of MFS_FTP and Im having an issue. When starting MFS_FTP I get the following
    Can you give us a little bit more? Have you ever had it working? If you manually start mfs_ftp after rebooting do you get the same error?
    HR10-250 - 500G, HR34-700, HR20-700, HR22-100, HR22-100

"Can you give us a little bit more? Have you ever had it working? If you manually start mfs_ftp after rebooting do you get the same error?"

The regular version of MFS_FTP works properly once changes are made to support a large number of recordings (I used to get crashes all the time because I had 400 or so items in my now playing list). I always start MFS_FTP manually so that it isnt using up memory when not in use.

Jamie et al.

Has anyone furthered the tmf2ty_cfg.exe to handle the larger ty files embedded inside the tmf extracts ? Seems that tmf2ty_cfg.exe is now barfing on the hr10-250's 6.3x extractions.

Been searching around and not sure where else to look

Code:
    00:26 - starting segment part01.ty
    Error sourcing /muxfol/tcldev/tmf2ty_cfg.tcl: integer value too large to represent

Quote Originally Posted by rbreding View Post
    Jamie et al.

Has anyone furthered the tmf2ty_cfg.exe to handle the larger ty files embedded inside the tmf extracts ? Seems that tmf2ty_cfg.exe is now barfing on the hr10-250's 6.3x extractions.

Been searching around and not sure where else to look

Code:
    00:26 - starting segment part01.ty
    Error sourcing /muxfol/tcldev/tmf2ty_cfg.tcl: integer value too large to represent
    It looks to me like tmf2ty_cfg.exe is a windows executable produced from a tcl script, and that tcl script has some of the same problems that mfs_ftp.tcl has with large files. Since no one seems to have the original tmf2ty_cfg.tcl, I'd be inclined to scrap it and just write a new version from scratch. There's already a perl ty+2tmf.pl. It wouldn't be hard to write a perl script that goes the other way. Obviously you could do it in tcl, bash, C, C++, Java, or the language of your choice. There's not much to it.
    Last edited by Jamie; 02-22-2007 at 06:43 PM.

Jamie,

I'm trying to improve the performance of TySuiteJ. I knew tserver would be faster, but I was against it because I thought it was closed source like tytool. I then noticed the source was on sourceforge.

I started playing with integrating TySuiteJ with tserver. It works pretty well with some exceptions:

1. The port is hard coded.
    2. I have to keep a telnet session open.
    3. It is single threaded.
    4. There is no heartbeat function.

I would be very grateful, if you could add any of the following (In order of need).
    1. The ability to override the listener port from the command line.
    2. A command to shutdown the server via the listener socket.
    3. A heartbeat command that returned the version.

If you are really motivated, it would be awesome if you could handle multiple simulatious connections. Otherwise, I can spawn multiple process to accomplish this.

I understand you are busy and I appreciate all that you have done for the community.

Thanks in advance,

dburckh

Quote Originally Posted by dburckh View Post
    Jamie,

I'm trying to improve the performance of TySuiteJ. I knew tserver would be faster, but I was against it because I thought it was closed source like tytool. I then noticed the source was on sourceforge.

I started playing with integrating TySuiteJ with tserver. It works pretty well with some exceptions:

1. The port is hard coded.
    2. I have to keep a telnet session open.
    3. It is single threaded.
    4. There is no heartbeat function.
    I guess you were using vserver on the tivo side before? Or running running mfs_uberexport piped to a socket?

tserver can run as an inetd daemon. A tserver process is spawned when a new connection is established and goes away when the connection drops. In that mode, I think points 1-3 are addressed. Perhaps the multithreaded is a stretch, but you could create multiple connections to multiple tservers that way, which seems like equivalent functionality. So the only additional thing you'd require would be a command you could send to get back a version number. Does that sound right? That much wouldn't be hard.

tserver was original put together for tytools use rather than as a general server. That's what vserver is for, though it's low level block interface puts more requirements on the client side. I absorbed tserver into mfs-utils since it was based on the same tridge vplay package.

I wasn't using vserver or tserver. I wrote my own .tcl script that piped mfs_uberexport to a socket. It's not bad, but it's a little slow.

Ok, my unix is a little rusty here. I didn't see an inetd.conf file on the tivo.

I looked at the tserver code. Do I just start it with a -i and it only accepts one connection per instance?

Thanks again

I wasn't using vserver or tserver. I wrote my own .tcl script that piped mfs_uberexport to a socket. It's not bad, but it's a little slow.

Ok, my unix is a little rusty here. I didn't see an inetd.conf file on the tivo.

I looked at the tserver code. Do I just start it with a -i and it only accepts one connection per instance?

Thanks again
    I think the links in this post describe how to setup inetd for tserver/vserver use. I've been running that way for quite a while now.

Thanks for everything. It looks like busybox has an inetd implementation. I'm going to try that one unless you have a reason not to.

No need to add the heartbeat/version unless you are bored. I think I can do what I need with this.

Much appreciated.

Thanks for everything. It looks like busybox has an inetd implementation. I'm going to try that one unless you have a reason not to.

No need to add the heartbeat/version unless you are bored. I think I can do what I need with this.

Much appreciated.
    I use the one in alphawolf's all-in-one collections, which does appear to be busybox.

BTW, I wouldn't expect that the "mfs_uberexport to a socket" solution would be slower than tserver, as long as mfs_uberexport is writing directly to the socket and the data isn't getting passed through the tcl process too. For example, mfs_ftp passes the socket to mfs_uberexport as its stdout, and I believe it extracts just as fast as tytools/tserver. So you might be able to improve performance with your existing design by tweaking the tcl code a little.

[Never mind. I looked at your tcl code, and it looks like that is what you are already doing. It's not clear to me that using tserver is going to offer a performance improvement.]
    Last edited by Jamie; 02-23-2007 at 01:27 AM.

It appeared I was getting a performance improvement of about 10% with tserver. This might have been coincidence. NowShowing is definately faster. The other thing is that I'm not dependant on other applications. I have three points of failure on the tivo side with my current setup (dserver.tcl, NowShowing & mfs_uberexport).

There is also the difference in startup time. It seems like it takes a couple of seconds for dserver.tcl to fire up. tserver is pretty much instant. This isn't really an issue if it is always running.

I noticed that dserver.tcl spawns 3 processes. Is that normal? I guessed one for the main process and one for the listener socket. The third is??? Seemed odd to me.

I'm just playing with this for the moment. I'll run more tests on larger files to see if the performance difference is legit.

Jamie -
    My mfs_ftp on my series one is downloading about 600k faster than it did before. This may be the wrong forum to say it, but thanks!

all my extractions are corrupt now

Odd thing happened on my way to a re-image. I 've been using mfs-ftp and TSuiteJ to extract my stuff. I re-imaged with pancake/ptvnet and now my extractions are corrupted it would seem:

TSuiteJ extracts/converts zero(0) length .mpgs and the .ty files it downloads are not readable by the old TyTool10r4 (Sorry... Failed to get the first 10 initial chunks...Have to have at least that many to start the analysis phase..)

and when I ftp<--->mfs_ftp I get the same problem with the extracts

as I understand TSuiteJ uses mfs_uberexport and NowShowing and dserver , the first two of which are common to Movieloader (also broken) and mfs_ftp so that would seem to be the culprit

I got the latest from- http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=39487

and patched the two required patches (mfs_ftp.20070121.patch & the the pasv-fix)

- any suggestions ?

thanks
    3 - HR10-250 6.3d Upgraded
    2 - SD DTivos
    1 - HR20-700
    1 - 2TB NAS

Quote Originally Posted by david4021 View Post
    Odd thing happened on my way to a re-image.

You sure you have scrambling turned off? Sounds like the symptoms of scrambled shows to me. Run ciphercheck to find out for sure.

TySuiteJ 2.5.1b1+ SHOULD detect encryption. I don't actually have an encrypted file to test it with.

http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=289
    Last edited by dburckh; 08-28-2007 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Added link