Page 1 of 130 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 9r18 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output...

TyTool 9r18 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output...

Alright. The rules in this thread are the same as the last one for my tools. A great many things have been updated recently. And there are some pretty sweet features coming in the near future. But as always it is best to start with a charter for this thread.

Just like before these are rules for this thread, not the forum. If you want to discuss things deemed off limits here make your own threads and set your own rules. But if you decide to participate here then please follow the guidelines.

So the rules for this thread are:

1- NO FLAMES AND NO ARGUMENTS... I am through trying to be nice on this as it just plain does not work. I will without reservation delete anything that shows up here that could be considered either of the above. Enough is enough.

2- It has become clear that we have 2 distinct camps with zealots in both. Fine. Use my stuff. Use Olaf's. I couldn't care less. Many of us got dragged into a war we didn't know we were supposed to be involved in... So a new rule. We discuss ONLY my own tools here... Leave the rest in their own threads! This is not intended to be an attack but rather to stop them. You don't like me. Fine. You don't like my tools fine. You don't like those that use them. You're an ***** but fine for hating people you have never ever met so just go somewhere else.

3- NO ADVERTISING FOR OTHER TOOLS. Again this thread is again about Vsplit/TyTool. If you have something cool to use in place of or even with them the take it to a different thread. Any post by anyone about "you really should use X instead..." is gone the moment I or some of other mods see it.

This is still an open forum. Create your own thread and have at it. But such posts are entirely unwelcome here.

4- Feel free to discuss various OS/wishes/desires/etc.... At some point we should support as much as is possible.

5- Feel free to ask for features but be aware that I am making no promises except to work on things in general... I mean it. Ask. But don't hound me or anyone else, that accomplishes nothing. If you think of something that would be cool let me know. I will add it to the list.

6- I suppose I should say it... I reserve the right to disappear at any time. Just like you do. When life interferes hobbies get put on hold. Having said that it will be obvious when you look at the new toolset that I have been putting in a great deal of time on it. Hope that it helps every do what they want to with their Tivos...

7- Keep DVDLab, tmpgenc et all to a dull roar in here please. It might be better say that we are now 3 camps. TyTool, TyStudio, and TyTool with the output being used elsewhere. I don't mind the occasional this works with DVDLab/Tmpgenc etc... in reference to a problem someone asks about. But in the last while it has felt like we had dropped to advertising again. Please don't do that. There are a number of very good DVDLab threads here on the forum to do that kind of thing etc...

An important note!

Several of these programs require the cygwin1.dll to run. Some of the tools in the TyTool release, mpeg2enc and dvdauthor most notably, were compiled with the cygwin cross compiler. To run these require the presence of the cygwin1,.dll file. This file is huge and seems to get larger all of the time. There is no need to download a new copy of this file everytime. While it does change it is not that frequent. So please download the zip for it from here in this post or else grab it from the homepage: www.cygwin.com

Again, if you try to use the Frame Accurate Editing or DVD features of TyTool this dll is required. If you see a major popup window when trying you are missing the dll. Please unpack the DLL into the same directory as the rest of the TyTool files and executables.

--jdiner

Release: TyTool9r18 with DVD support...

TyTool 9r18 with DVD Support. The attachment has the new versions of the tooset in it. All DVD extras and tserver versions are found within it.

VSplit HAS NOT BEEN updated to match this release of TyTool.

Version 9 is a major upgrade from the earlier 8 series of TyTool. It adds Frame/Field Accurate Editing (FAE) to the mix. 9r18 adds better buffer overflow protection and FAE editing of Ty/Ty+/MPG/VOB in HiDef.

Please check the included docs for information about it. The release notes for 9r1 up to the current as each contains detailed informtion about the FAE editing process and other changes.

Highlights of the Fixes and Features in this Release:

408- In GopEditor added a double-click within the cuts listbox "on the side of the cut list" to jump right to it and re-enter the edit. Meaning just double click the start portion of a cut to go right to it and be ready to re-edit or do so on the end cut text.

409- Altered the Frame window to have the re-edit of the FAE portion jump to the field we already set to editing on.

412- Add the saving/setting/using of the quality settings for mpeg2enc to TyTool.

420- Added a total Frames display to GopEditor Frame window. (4, 4.5, 5, etc...)

426- Fixed the troubled DTV HDTivo streams I had.

428- Added a few new keyboard short cuts. The 9 key now jumps to the start of the current cut, and 0 jump to the end of the current unset cut values.

429- Added menu items for 9 & 0 to keep those users happy.

433- Fixed the chaptering mechanism. It was missing some of the cut points.

434- Added a menu option to make the DOS processing window popup, rather than stay hidden.

435- Added a pause feature to processing things to free up the CPU etc...

440- Added in the scaling code to the display of GopEditor so that we can see everything in HD.

442- AT LONG LAST I have fixed the button for the DVD output dir to reset the internal stored values.

444- Added in HDTivo FAE editing. (Still no TMF files)

448- Fixed the telnet server (tserver) window positioning.

458- Fixed the minimize of the main window to also minimize the telnet window as well.

459- Fixed the menu option for add cut.

460- Fixed a couple of major buffer size issues on non-perfect streams.

462- Cleaned up and get GopEditor ready to release. There was a ton of HiDef debugging code and other things.

464- Added in the full menu creation populate menu option to TyTool. It is found in the EDIT menu as "Auto Assign Names" It works like the copy up button but does each VOB 1 at a time in order. So the first VOB in the list becomes menu element #1 and so on.

465- Now saves the rendering options to the GopEditor INI file..

466- Added various rendering options to the GopEditor menu. You can now resize to or in the main and Frame display windows. This resizing is necessary to edit HiDef on many machines.

467- Added loading/saving the resize values to the INI file. Got tired of setting it every time. So now it needs to be set only once.

468- Must set the current resize setting in the menu when loading it from the file.

469- Fix the F1 preview playback to actually work when using HiDef streams.

470- Carefully checked over the Frame edit window to make sure it still works for all of the stream types.

471- Checked over the saveBitmap code with the new 24bit changes.

472- More work on the scaling code. It is still just to slow!!!

473- Altered the FAE window to use the same resize code as the main window. It was opening full size and that is just as useless as full size was in the main window.

474- Fixed the FAE loading of OTA HiDef data.

478- Fixed the FAE loading of HiDef data. It was loading not but detecting type correctly everytime. This stupid OTA stuff is going to be the death of me.

480- Wrote a new high quality decimation based down-sizer and tested the speed. It is FAST FAST FAST.

481- Fixed an aidio bug in the case of a serious error. It was stitching things together in such a way that it was killing things and crashing.

482- Added a print of "finished" after a download, It used to just show ?0:00 remaining? as the signal it was done.

483- Altered the auto-assign option to be in the menu of the dialog. It was taking too much room as a button.

484- Added in a menu option to be used as a way to hide the VOB paths...

486- Altered the size in the listbox back to always being meg just wider (5 characters wide rather than 4).

487- Fixed the MuxMenu and bmp2y4m programs for PAL video resolutions.

Along with these 2 new binaries we also have a new libmpeg2.dll version etc? So make sure you get all of the proper files.

So that's it. Not too much new in this release. (For the humor impaired that was sarcasm) Gonna have to try and get things out faster in the future. This release just kind of piled up on me.

--jdiner

Attention Hdtivo Users!!!!

For those with HDTivo's. In order to do a FAE cut you must use a different versions of mpeg2enc. It is a newer version and is compiled without MMX/SIMD (as that is the only way that version will compile on a Win32 PC).

So it is a touch slower but it can be used to FAE edit HiDef streams.

I have provided an already compiled version of that program here.

To use it. Download the zip file and unpack it. The file inside will be named mpeg2enc.exe and MUST NOT be renamed in anyway. Then move it into the main TyTool directory. That is it. After that things will FAE just fine at any of the standard HDTivo resolutions.

EDIT: As was brought to my attention this version of the cygwin system dll is needed for this special version of mpeg2enc for HiDef to work. The other tools will work with it but it is required for this version to operate.

--jdiner
    Last edited by jdiner; 12-06-2004 at 02:27 AM.

Alright a quick note. There were so many things in my completed todo list in this release that only a bare fraction of them would fit into the release notes in the post here in this thread. So please please please read the .doc file for 9r18 in the zip archive. There is a ton of new features you need to read up on before using the new stuff or you will miss out on some pretty cool stuff.

You are warned...

--jdiner

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    464- Added in the full menu creation populate menu option to TyTool. It is found in the EDIT menu as "Auto Assign Names" It works like the copy up button but does each VOB 1 at a time in order. So the first VOB in the list becomes menu element #1 and so on.
    Thanks for the cool new feature's
    been looking forward to this

Edit: Not sure why, but it's a lot faster now too. On my s1, the speed increased .5 meg/sec to 3.2 meg/sec
    Last edited by hayreass; 12-03-2004 at 03:13 AM.
    HayreAss

Quote Originally Posted by hayreass
    Thanks for the cool new feature's
    been looking forward to this

Edit: Not sure why, but it's a lot faster now too. On my s1, the speed increased .5 meg/sec to 3.2 meg/sec
    If you replaced the tserver executable that is the one that Jamie built. Dunno all what he did but it is faster for me. not quite that big a difference but it has been working so well that for the last week or so that I rolled it into the release zip.

--jdiner

THANK YOU for the new release!

I will not be able to try HD editing tonight, but I can confirm that 10GB+ file sizes show properly now, and the 'tserver' window is visible/restores as described. Tomorrow (if I can get C++ and Unix homework done) I will try more of the new tools.

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    If you replaced the tserver executable that is the one that Jamie built. Dunno all what he did but it is faster for me. not quite that big a difference but it has been working so well that for the last week or so that I rolled it into the release zip.
    It makes a huge difference to my UK Tivo. It's gone from c. 1.7-1.8MB to 2.5 in one swoop. Nice.

Thanks Jdiner!

tk

I recently did a full upgrade (hack + utils) to my Series2 SD-DVR80 + RID unit. Had trouble getting TyTool 9r17 to work until I did a lot of scouring and found the recommendation to use the tserver_mfs and NowShowing.tcl from MuscleNerd (tserver_mnerd.zip). I recall I needed to do this due to some *block* error message upon trying to run tserver from bash. All has been fine since, although I have only tried limited f(x) of 9r17.

Now, I want to do this upgrade, and it appears from this thread that this tserver executable could also give me performance increase. For install, should I just replace the tserver_mfs and NowShowing.tcl from this version TyTool 9r18 and delete those from MuscleNerd? Or, will the errors reappear? or, should I just use one of the files and not the other?

I never did understand why I needed to go use the files from MuscleNerd (he and Ronny had worked this issue I believe) because I thought 9r17 was released after the sleuthing and fixing MuscleNerd provided. But, I didn't worry too much because it all seemed to work....now, I am keen to find out the right approach since I am upgrading to 9r18.

Thanks

as Jayne sez...

Shiny!

Josh

A million thanks. My download speeds have gone from an average 1.47 meg/sec to 1.93 meg/sec with my turbonet enabled TiVos. Looking forward to playing with the new tools.

Thank you so much.

Mike

Thumbs up

Thanks for the great program.

Not to sound ungrateful but...

Would it be possible to put in a feature request to change the cut file format to match TyStudio?

I use TyTools for tmf->dvd, but occaisonally I would like to also "reinsert" a commercial free version back on the TiVo with chunkedit. I don't do this very often, so the overhead of leaving tyserver and tyindex running all the time is not my idea of fun, so instead I need to (re)index the video file with TyStudio and re-create the cuts.

If TyTools cut file was the same format then I could do it all in one edit session instead of having to edit twice.

Great Application!

I've just installed your TyTool version 9 release 18 application on my Series I TiVo, and it looks to be a very powerful tool for extracting video. There does seem to be one problem, however. The default setting for file transfers is the double sockect connection, but when this is enabled, transferring a tystream fails. The error in the GUI is "Data socket connect failed!" The server output is:

SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'TYSTRM2 0.5.0.4 2054 2875298/2875299/2875301'
    ERROR: Could not connect the socket!
    ERROR: Could not connect to client to send data!

If I enable single socket connections, it seems to work just fine. Are double socket connections only supported on Series II TiVos, or have I done something wrong? What are the advantages to a double socket connection?

In addition, is this the proper forum for requesting new features?

Quote Originally Posted by mrshock
    I recently did a full upgrade (hack + utils) to my Series2 SD-DVR80 + RID unit. Had trouble getting TyTool 9r17 to work until I did a lot of scouring and found the recommendation to use the tserver_mfs and NowShowing.tcl from MuscleNerd (tserver_mnerd.zip). I recall I needed to do this due to some *block* error message upon trying to run tserver from bash. All has been fine since, although I have only tried limited f(x) of 9r17.

Now, I want to do this upgrade, and it appears from this thread that this tserver executable could also give me performance increase. For install, should I just replace the tserver_mfs and NowShowing.tcl from this version TyTool 9r18 and delete those from MuscleNerd? Or, will the errors reappear? or, should I just use one of the files and not the other?

I never did understand why I needed to go use the files from MuscleNerd (he and Ronny had worked this issue I believe) because I thought 9r17 was released after the sleuthing and fixing MuscleNerd provided. But, I didn't worry too much because it all seemed to work....now, I am keen to find out the right approach since I am upgrading to 9r18.

Thanks
    I tried that myself mrshock,(replaced the musclenerd files) but had to revert to the musclenerd files on my S2....
    Not sure why, but then I don't remember why I needed them in the 1st place...
    Last edited by hayreass; 12-03-2004 at 04:21 PM.
    HayreAss